TTC for - 12month+ Join here :P we have our 1st bfp!!!

Hi ladies, just got back from the doctors good news for hubby his sperm is absolutely fine, but not so good for me I never thought this would of been my problem but in a way I'm happy about now as it can be sorted relatively easy, so it seems I'm not ovulating my progesterone levels were 12 and they should be 35 or over, I was gutted as I was a hundred per cent sure I was ovulating just goes to show you can't trust the clearblue fertility monitors I'm so glad I stopped using it. So the next step is that I do 2 more lots of bloods, then we will get referred for sure, probably to Bath fertility Unit, and it looks like we will be doing clomid which I'm kind of relieved about as I was sure I had a blockage or a major problem that would require IVF. So we finally have our silver lining and we will have a child at some point in the near future :) f'xd and baby dust to all of you girls on here and here is hoping we all get our much awaited 2011 BFP's x

Glad you see some light at the end of the tunnel! so did your fertility monitor say you peaked, but in reality, you weren't ovulating?! this is my fear! and i'm wondering if that is our problem!?!?

Yes It was saying I was ovulating every month well it predicts ovulation so I wouldn't trust it. You can imagine the shock when the doctor told me I wasn't ovulating I was certain that I was, I'm still out of sorts about it all now it's taking some sinking in. I'm gonna give mine away I don't need it.
What I would say is to go with your gut feeling if you have any doubts at all about your fertility I would get it checked out, I had a gut feeling all the time and I wish I had gone in the beginning as I would of not had to wait all this time and would probably even have a baby now.

May I join please? Been ttc for 5 years...had lap done March 2010 with stage 3 & 4 endo....I really just need someone to talk too. I swear ttc takes thoughts and medication takes up most of my day- it has become an obsession :-(

hi ladies,
how is everyone doing, i'm happy to be back after long holidays.

i'm onto my second round of clomid cycle now on cd 13,
praying that it works this time.

Hi girls,
Not been on for ages really. Trying to take a little break and not think about it so much. Not really managing with that very well though.
AF is due tomorrow and have hideous AF cramps. Had them on and off for the last week. Feels like my womb is on fire... So depressing, cause as soon as they start, I know we haven't been successful that month.
Will be onto 2nd round of clomid.

NDH - sorry she got you hun x

Mrs Howley - I was like you. Was sure I was ovulating (had all the signs) but was told I wasn't (or at least not every month)

Woundnurse - hi, I haven't been ttc as long as you, but I have stage 3 endo and totally understand about thinking about it all the time, and living on painkillers etc. (not that painkillers help really)

Hi to everyone else x

Welcome Woundnurse, and sorry to hear that your TTC journey is so long. I have only been trying for 15 months but I know exactly what you mean about taking over your life. I found myself wishing time away so I can take my temperature or POAS, it can take over so easily. I am trying to be more relaxed about it, i.e not think about it every second of every day but its hard when you want it so bad.

MrsHowley81, have some more :hugs:. I am sure it must take a while to get you head around news that you dont O, but at least it is treatable and hopefully Clomid will do the trick for you.

Floofymad, sorry to hear that you are in pain :hugs:, I hope it starts to get better for you soon.

Giftmum good luck for this cycle, fxed the clomid works it magic for you this time.

I think I am due to ovulate, or at least try to Ovulate this week (I will not be convinced that I actually do Ovulate until a doctor confirms it as never had a positive OPK) so time for me to get busy, just in case!

As always :dust: to everyone. We need some more BFP's soon. xxx

hi girlies :) i need so sanity!!
I hate people trying to either say they understand or can relate to how i feel!

How could you possible know how much it breaks my heart,i feel like im not a women,its killing me so dont try to understand how i feel unless youve been trying for ur 1st and still no bfp after 1/2 years then yes you can have some idea but if not dont try and relate to me or say:
"relax"
"it will happen"
"youve got plenty of time"
"your trying to hard"
"itll happen when u least expect it"
"u dont want to be tied down to a baby"
"stop thinking about it then itll happen"
becos all thats going through my head is f%%k off!
:cry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOgGmKaOUVg

Like it says just let me cry :(

sorry for the rant just got a phone call and it annoyed me

this is what i posted and i get more advice from people relax blah blah b;ah at least in this thread we understand eachother :hugs: xxx

hi girlies :) i need so sanity!!
I hate people trying to either say they understand or can relate to how i feel!

How could you possible know how much it breaks my heart,i feel like im not a women,its killing me so dont try to understand how i feel unless youve been trying for ur 1st and still no bfp after 1/2 years then yes you can have some idea but if not dont try and relate to me or say:
"relax"
"it will happen"
"youve got plenty of time"
"your trying to hard"
"itll happen when u least expect it"
"u dont want to be tied down to a baby"
"stop thinking about it then itll happen"
becos all thats going through my head is f%%k off!
:cry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOgGmKaOUVg

Like it says just let me cry :(

sorry for the rant just got a phone call and it annoyed me

this is what i posted and i get more advice from people relax blah blah b;ah at least in this thread we understand eachother :hugs: xxx

Thank you so much for this post! brought much needed tears to my eyes! i'm in the "cycle part" where you are sooo mad you can't grieve until you get through teh anger (AF showed up two days late for me which never happens!) that was the ONLY hope I've had to possibly be pregnant in the last 18 months, only to be crushed the next day!! its sooo hard, and no one understands until you live throught it..its affected me in sooo many ways, I'm just not "me" anymore! I'm praying and hoping that we all get our desires and prayers answered sooner rather than later! It's just not fair we go through this...

:hugs: awww hun we all have to battle some dark times.ttc is a silent struggle that no one talks about,at least we are all here together best thing i did was create this thread.u gilies are best.il pop the rest of u on the front page later :kiss:

Hi all, well bfn at 13dpo. So guess there's another month gone. I'm being booked in for hsg and then all being well straight for iui. U know I went to the appointment in tears because I was so scared they wouldn't offer me anything and then I can home and cried because they offered me so much. I guess it was the realisation that this isn't going to happen for us the way we wanted. Now I'm wishing I had more time. Is that strange?

hi ladies me and oh have been ttc since june 2009.. im just hoping its ok to join in.. i just need to talk to others who understand.. im at my wits end :cry:

Course it's ok to join in redrose, if anybody can understand what you are going through it's the ladies on this thread.

What's your story??

:hugs:

Xxx

Hi all, well bfn at 13dpo. So guess there's another month gone. I'm being booked in for hsg and then all being well straight for iui. U know I went to the appointment in tears because I was so scared they wouldn't offer me anything and then I can home and cried because they offered me so much. I guess it was the realisation that this isn't going to happen for us the way we wanted. Now I'm wishing I had more time. Is that strange?

Hun,the same thing happened to me i was referred for blood tests and hubby a semen test :happydance::happydance:

i cried cos it felt like such a relief xx

aww thanks so much :cry: i just feel so alone at times.. well me and oh had our first mc nearly 2 years ago now at 10-12 weeks in march 09 we didnt know i was preg then in june of that year we decided to try but then my oh said he just wanted to "let it happen" and if i mentioned ttc he it would stress him out so i think he was still hurting from our mc.. then we've had two mc since then aswell between 5-7 weeks
then 3 weeks ago my oh said how he really wanted a baby so were proper trying again but we have been ntnp/ttc for nearly two years with little good results so here i am at the end of my teather feeling so alone and depressed :(

my oh has totally chnaged his view on ttc and has even agreed to go see the doc for testing so i suppose were on the right path to get answers for why its taking so long to get preg each time.. we'v had no answers as to why we mc but only that we were "unlucky" and these things happen so were hoping our next bfp is sticky..

sorry thats so long i feel better now though :rofl:

:hugs: hun,

Its so hard isn't it, especially when the OH is cagey about their feelings & you just want to talk about it & they don't. On the positive side (you'll see that I always try & look for the positives lol) you know you can get pregnant, even if you haven't been so lucky with the stickiness of the little beans. :sad2:

Me & OH have been trying for about 15 months now...& not even a hint of a :bfp: lol. Gonna give it Jan & Feb, 2 more cycles & then it's off to the docs for us in March.

Good luck to you & sending sticky :dust: your way.,

xxx

:hugs: hun,

Its so hard isn't it, especially when the OH is cagey about their feelings & you just want to talk about it & they don't. On the positive side (you'll see that I always try & look for the positives lol) you know you can get pregnant, even if you haven't been so lucky with the stickiness of the little beans. :sad2:

Me & OH have been trying for about 15 months now...& not even a hint of a :bfp: lol. Gonna give it Jan & Feb, 2 more cycles & then it's off to the docs for us in March.

Good luck to you & sending sticky :dust: your way.,

xxx

does the no.40 refer to ur age? if so nhs guidelines say they should test u after 6 months ttc xxx

hehe no it doesn't thankfully. :rofl: ( no offence to those who are though :blush:)

I'm 31, 32 in March. The 40 refers to an old house number I used to live in & I use it for my e-mail address that I've had for years & so now whenever I need to create a new screen name or login anywhere I use 40 so they'll all be the same & I'll remember.

Thanks for the advice though

xxx

hehe no it doesn't thankfully. :rofl: ( no offence to those who are though :blush:)

I'm 31, 32 in March. The 40 refers to an old house number I used to live in & I use it for my e-mail address that I've had for years & so now whenever I need to create a new screen name or login anywhere I use 40 so they'll all be the same & I'll remember.

Thanks for the advice though

xxx

oh ok,well u never know :)
id go to doc now they will def refer u for tests :)
i have my results on friday :) xx

Yeah I was gonna go this month, but me & OH are going to Spain in Feb and it's my b-day in March, so I want to get those things out of the way before I have to face reality lol.

Its me that's putting it off haha, my docs are lovely & I'm sure they would be great & if not then my OH has a friend who he plays rugby with who is a GP so we'd just go & see him instead lol

Good luck for your results :thumbup:

xx

:hugs: trying to cope, it never gets any easier seeing a BFN. Good luck with your HSG and IUI. I know its not the way you thought it would happen, but I hope it brings you your BFP, though I can understand about wishing you had more time, though surely its up to you if after thinking about it you decide its not the right time to start trying IUI they would delay it and give you more time?

:hi: Redrose. Sorry your journey has been so long and full of heartbrake already. I have never been anywhere close to a BFP so I can't even imagine the pain of getting one and then for it to be taken away. I really hope you get a sticky bean soon.

Good luck with the test results babyhopes.

I am still in limbo, after seeing the doctors almost two weeks ago we are still waiting for DH appointment for SA to come through, the doc said it shouldnt take too long so not too sure how long to leave it before we chase it up. Its annoying though as he wont test me until that has been done and the results back, so it could potentially be at least another cycle wasted, as I am sure any problem is with me:cry: and I just want to know so we can hopefully get it sorted. At this rate it will be at least March until we see the doc again. Oh well until then just got to keep going.

As always lots of :dust: to you all. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->