TTC for 2 1/2 years with no luck.

angelinaoftyl

Reaction score
Hello everyone, so I am new to TTC forums. I usually will google a question here and there and read in the forums, but never joined before or posted. The title of my threat is misleading to a certain degree because I guess more accurately would be stating that my husband and I have not been actively trying but not preventing either. I began to be concerned last summer (2014) when I couldn't wrap my head around the idea that in 5 years of marriage, and in 2 years of not preventing whatsoever we've never gotten pregnant. He recently was checked out-normal results, thank goodness. I recently got an annual and blood work done, and it came back that my thyroid and prolactin levels are slightly elevated. (I have an appt with an endrocinologist tomorrow). We've been baby making "regularly" this month so here's hoping I miss AF on March 2nd (although some of my menstrual cycle apps say the 3rd or 4th). I guess what kills me, is that a decade ago, I'd gotten pregnant 3 times. (not with my husband) And none were successful. I psych myself out every month. It's as though any possible early pregnancy symptom I feel I have, and then get a serious let down come AF time. My hub and I agreed to use OPK's if AF shows up again in March. But I feel almost as though it is pointless. So really, now I feel hopeless. Sorry for the book-sized beginner entry. :-/

Hi & Welcome :flower:

My story sounds similar to yours. I started worrying when I realized that after a lot of unprotected sex and starting to TTC nothing happened.

I've been using OPKs starting with the cycle that I just ended (AF came) and I found it useful. I found out that I ovulate a lot later than I thought, and that I have a short lutheal phase.

I'd say anything that allows you to know your body better is going to be useful while your TTC :thumbup:

Getting medical issues solved is another step in the right direction.

Good luck! <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->