TTC for 6+ months? *20 bfp's and counting!*

Signora and Operation - I'll be starting ivf with icsi at the end of October! Dh and I have our compulsory fertility exams on 6th Sept then we are booked in for our consultation on 1st Oct and will be ready to go. I'm so excited now that things are happening! Keep me updated on your journeys with ivf - hopefully we will all get there soon!

Hope everyone else is well. Snowflakes, really hope your body plays the game so you can get started asap! x

AF arrived on the 21st and it has been horrible. I'm going to stop the Fertilaid. I'm thinking our next step is Clomid or at least ultrasounds of the ovaries, but none of that will happen til after November. I kind of just want to give up and start seriously looking into adoption.

Thanks Luna!

cntrygirl, so sorry about the crappy AF. Treat yourself well, hon. I think adoption is wonderful, but don't give up. Plenty of people do get their BFPs toward the end of the first year or right after.

Sandoval, hope everything goes well with the consultation and exams! Once I get going, if you have any IVF questions, come to me! Hopefully we can be bump buddies soon!

:hugs: to everyone!

:hugs: cntrygrl, I agree it's way too early to give up. Looks like we've both been at it for about the same amount of time, we'll get there :)

Lots of future IVF ladies on this board. I plan to wait until my February cycle to start. I want to get through the holidays. I'll be ready then. :)

Sorry about AF cntrygirl. Dont give up maybe you will be lucky next time it is still possible.

DH has is SA today. I think he is quite nervous about it. He has convinced himself that it is him but i keep reminding him that there maybe nothing wrong with either of us but we are just unlucky. And if there is something wrong it won't change us but give us answers on what is going wrong and help us decide on what to do next. I have got another cd21 blood test tomorrow to check that i am ovulating regularly. Ive already had two done but doc wants me to have another. At least we know im ovulating but i still need to have my tubes and uterus checked. Good luck everyone with everything people are up to this month. Seems as if quite a few are moving onto ivf and i hope you get your bfps soon.

Hey girls,
Its been a while since I've posted but not much has changed. Dh had his 3rd SA and results look ok. Going to discuss recommendations w. our RE tomorrow. Initially we were recommended for ICSI but since he has improved..maybe we can try IUI. Will keep u posted.

Snowflakes - hope all goes well with new meds and IUI.
Hope - good news on your confirmed ovulation! Whichever route you take to become parent will be equally wonderful.
Sandoval, operation, and signora - so glad I have you girls to share the IVF journey with. Looking forward to hearing all of your experiences.
Flou - hope your DH's SA results turn out good. If not, there are options out there. Don't worry!
Country girl - So sorry af is treating you bad this month. Perhaps a break from TTC will relieve stress and clear your mind.

Wishing everyone good health and babydust!

AF arrived on the 21st and it has been horrible. I'm going to stop the Fertilaid. I'm thinking our next step is Clomid or at least ultrasounds of the ovaries, but none of that will happen til after November. I kind of just want to give up and start seriously looking into adoption.

So sorry AF arrived for you. I know how you feel about giving up, but don't! Although I mentioned adoption I really am going to exhaust all possible routes I'm willing to go down before turning to that. DH and I are going to wait at least a year, maybe two, before looking into the adoption process.

I guess in the US adoption is different? Can you adopt babies? In the UK that is almost an impossibility. We know that we will be adopting older children.

Ladies who are going to do IVF - can you please post in this thread or give me links to your blogs so that I can see what the process is and how it makes you feel physically and emotionally? I have ruled IVF out because it is supposed to be very stressful, but if you find it OK, I may investigate that route xx

Hope-- You can adopt babies in the US. I'd even be happy with a 2-5 year old. I'm not giving up completely yet. There's still a lot more avenues to go down. I can do more testing in November to see why I'm not getting pregnant. I had false hope that this would be easy for me since no one on either side of my family has fertility issues.

Hope-- You can adopt babies in the US. I'd even be happy with a 2-5 year old. I'm not giving up completely yet. There's still a lot more avenues to go down. I can do more testing in November to see why I'm not getting pregnant. I had false hope that this would be easy for me since no one on either side of my family has fertility issues.

Me too :hugs:
No fertility issues on either side of the family. Figured it would be easy. WRONG! :haha:

Month 12 started for me today. Doctors appointment is booked for next Friday. I hope to be referred to a gyno so that I can get a lap and dye. That scares me though!

Hi gals,

Hope you are all doing well! Please don't give up on hope. I know this is tough, but I have a cousin who's been trying for three years who has done three IVF cycles (two fresh and one frozen) and isn't a mom yet and she told me not to give up hope and I also have a friend w/ PCOS who has been trying naturally for over three years and she told me not to give up hope. I know there are so many ladies on BnB who have been trying for even longer than that and are still trying. If they haven't given up hope after all of that, we shouldn't either. Whether it's naturally or by IUI or IVF or adoption, we'll all be mommies someday.

Hope, my journal is in my siggy! Please come visit any time! I haven't officially started IVF besides the BCPs and my CD 3 appointment, which was today, but my friend Rosababy, who's a friend on BnB and IRL, went through it last year and I learned a lot about it. She says it is tough emotionally and physically (more so emotionally - she and our BnB friend Springy said they both were nervous about shots and they said later they realized it so wasn't worth stressing out over). But she's now 38+ weeks preggo and will have her baby boy any day now, and she and her DH have told my DH and I time and time again, it's so worth it and it won't matter once you're holding your baby. It's ultimately up to you but I can say that I didn't think I'd be strong enough to deal with any of this - infertility, IVF, etc. - and I am. We are.

Flou - good luck with your DH's SA and your CD 21 tests!

Katikins - so glad we're sharing this IVF journey together too - but since you're hoping for an IUI, I'll hope for that for you too. I'm glad that your DH's SA brought good news!

Hope everyone else is doing well! :hugs: and have a great weekend!

Hi everyone,

Posted on here a while back.

Currently on cycle 11. Just had lap and dye and a hysterscopy performed yesterday and doc said everything looked good. Hopeforfuture - I was also scared and cancelled the procedure a few months ago. It was much better than I thought it was going to be and feel a lot better for having it done. Im a bit sore today (sucks cos OPKs are beginning to turn to positive. Hoping I will be able to BD tomorrow lol)

Does anyone know if I need anything else tested. My progesterone tests indicate ovulation? We have been referred to the assisted conception unit as dh's sperm has been variable (last one was normal, previous one had low count and motility).

I see some of you are preparing for IVF. Good luck xxx

Hope-- The lap & dye isn't so bad. I had a similar procedure where they use saline and an internal ultrasound. The worst part of it was when the line kept crimping as they tried putting it in through the cervix. After they got a new tube I never even felt it.

Thank you ladies for your lovely words! You make me feel like a big looby for being afraid of procedures. :blush: You are all so strong. I will have to suck up my fears and just go for them!!!

I have been through some really bad crap in my life and have always dealt with it and come out the other side. For some reason I don't seem to be able to do the same with this. It makes me feel weak and helpless. Maybe its because its out of my control.

Some days I feel like I'm going to break emotionally and turn into an incoherent mess. I don't know how I get through to the next day - but I do, and I start to feel better again.

Signora - I'm afraid that, to cope with the fear of infertility, I've had to lose hope. The hope was building me up and then breaking me every month. I could feel myself slipping into depression. By supposing I am completely infertile I feel I can move on with my life and that there's more to me and my life than having a child. If I ever achieve that BFP, it'll be an amazing surprise - if I don't, it's what I had come to terms with anyway. I guess we are all different! x

Hope i can understand how you feel about losing hope to cope with the fear of infertility. I hate the fact every month i get my hopes up and each month they are broken by the witch!

Hi dreaming i think the initial tests are cd21 bloods to check ovulation, checking of uterus and tubes and SA for OH. That covers many of the most common causes of infertility. Good luck!

Apologies for the quick post out of nowhere (above), family is in town from out of state (in Nebraska from Oregon, Nevada and New York) and I haven't had the time or energy to catch up on posts and reply. Not trying to be rude and completely ignore everyone else, but did want to get that quick update in here...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->