TTC for 6+ months? *20 bfp's and counting!*

Today I got to play with my 5 week old nephew. Ack! It was so hard but so great. It makes me want a baby that much more. My SIL was a great support though. It took her 8 years to get pregnant!!! We can do this ladies!!

Katikins - soy can make you O earlier in the cycle if you have a short LP and is supposed to boost ovulation in people with regular cycles.

I have heard of people getting very bad headaches and menopausal symtoms with soy, but I didn't get that. The symptoms are due to increases in oestrogen caused by the soy. I had REALLY sore boobs on day 2 of taking it and had a hot flush that afternoon. Since then I've had no side effects but I am CRAZY SUPER HORNY this cycle (sorry of TMI)!!! :blush: I'm CD11 today, not due to O until around CD17, and I've been gagging since CD8. Not that I'm complaining or anything... I just can't seem to get relief from the feeling, that's all!!! :blush:

AF started y'day as i thought it would. I am having a few strange periods recently. I had bad cramping yesterday which resulted in me passing a huge blood clot. Then no pain no blood. Six hours later cramping started again and i had light bleeding. Then today ive had the usual pain and blood flow for early in my period. I dont know whether to go to docs about it. I dont want them just to fob me off. Not sure what to do. Anyone else experienced something similar?

I haven't ever been trough anything like that. I do have strange cycles, but even mine aren't that strange!

Flou - I have really light periods. But when I had my miscarriage I did have a ton of cramping a few days after the actual miscarriage. I was getting ready to go to a hair appt and was thinking of cancelling bc the cramping was so bad but then I passed a large clot right before and felt much better - the pain subsided. I continued to bleed for a few more days after with just a regular type period and no more cramping. I bet your body was just struggling a bit to pass the clot so you had bad cramps. I would def mention it to your Dr. though. Doesn't seem right.

Thank you ladies for your replies. I have booked an appt with my GP for friday and lets see what he makes of it! Why is it never easy being a woman!

Well af came I'm on Cd 3 now...ill start 150mg of clomid here in a few days hopefully it works this time around! :(

Sandoval - good to have you back! That all sounds very positive - and I would so love to go for some stress free, no timed BD'ing months too!! FX you don't have to go down the IVF route.

Katikins - as Hope said Soy can make you O earlier (though it can make you late too) and usually makes you feel O a lot more - which should therefore mean you O better and with better eggs. I personally haven't had any symptoms on Soy (though I am suspicious that the - how do I put this discreetly - my digestive concerns that occur for about a day on CD 10ish have been due to the Soy and that is rather annoying!). It certainly made me feel O a lot more which is nice to feel it working...and it helps me to figure out when I actually O with the long cycles I have.

Flou - hope your doc appt goes well and they don't fob you off!!

sugarpi - sorry AF got you - FX Clomid works for you!!

Hi ladies,

Hope you all are doing well!

Flou and sugarpi, sorry AF got you, but glad you have doc appts and sugarpi, clomid, and are ready for next time!

Hope, glad soy is going well! Sounds like you were having fun! :winkwink:

Operation, I know what you mean! It's so tough being around little ones, but at least your SIL can empathize with what you're going through (you, too, Luna, since you mentioned your SIL went through IVF)! That makes it a lot easier. My brother and his girlfriend don't have kids, but my BIL and SIL got lucky with both on the first try (in fact, they became pregnant with their second after my DH and I had been trying for about 9-10 cycles, so that was tough). You'll have your LO soon though!

Sandoval and Katikins, good job on taking a break and trying to de-stress!

I know I missed some folks, but :hugs: to you all!

DH and I went for our mock transfer - they create kind of a road map for putting the embies in during IVF. That went well, but at our consult, we found out that we're not eligible for the doc's 7-cycle money-back-guarantee package. Needless to say, we were devastated, and on top of it, I have a lot of anti-thyroid antibodies and there's an increased risk of miscarriage with that (my regular endocrinologist told me that even before we started to TTC). But my friend IRL and on BnB who went to the same doc said unfortunately there's just a lot of surprises that spring up along the way with Assisted Conception - both good and bad - and I can't let it get me down. Another BnB friend who did IVF said her doc didn't give them much hope and now she's preggo. So I'm going to work on my PMA about this.

Hey all, I'm onto cycle 9, hoping it's my lucky number...

Sorry for AF Luna.

Signora - I like your attitude of PMA!! You hear allll the time about how girls heard from the Dr.'s that they had a small chance of getting PG and then end up PG!!

Sugarpi - Good luck this month with the Clomid.

Flou - So happy that you decided on an appt.

Well, my stupid co-irker just announced today that she's 5 weeks PG. 1st try lucky!! Must be nice - I am only on cycle #16!! Ugh. Kill me now. She turns to me and says all cheery - Your next and I say sarcastically yeah right!! (they don't know of my TTC or infertility for that matter!) My other co-worker is 7 months and it's just the 3 of us. I get to hang out with 2 preggos 2 ft away from me all day. Needless to say it's been a hard day. BUT silver lining is that I got a + OPK today.

oh snowflakes it's so frustrating to hear when people can get preg so easily :hugs:

I feel like I'm in this weird limbo right now of not knowing if there is something wrong with me or him or both of us and it being too soon to start testing, blah :(

So sorry about AF, Luna! :hugs: Do something to pamper yourself and just think about it being a new cycle and a fresh opportunity to make a baby.

I love that you call her a co-irker, Snowflakes! :haha: I'm sorry though, I hate when people say they got preggo on the first try. And it totally sucks when people say stuff like "You're next." I know they don't know what's going on, but it's still annoying. Just don't let it get you down and enjoy that positive OPK! :winkwink: To be honest, I'm actually avoiding going to an engagement party for one of DH's friends this weekend, even though he 's going for a bit. When we first started TTC, we went to a wedding and I wasn't drinking and so this other friend's wife was nudging her friend. Well since then, that woman has had another baby and the couple whose wedding we attended is now 22 weeks preggo! I know it's bad, but I know I'll feel crappy if I go and everyone's gushing over her bump. Luckily, they aren't close friends; otherwise I would just suck it up.

Ugh. I'm so sick of pregnant women popping up at work. I avoid most social functions because I don't want to deal with it. I don't care if it makes me a bad person, it makes me too sad.

Luna--AF sucks but I should be joining you in a few days. I didn't take any progesterone this cycle and last time my LP was only 8 days. I'm on day 6 now so I'll be coming up on the end here shortly. We can be cycle buddies! :)

Sounds like everyone is on a plan to action. I haven't done any OPK testing this month and have been just trying to relax. I have been taking Fertility Blend only one capsule a day since my body seems to have a hard time with vitamins and supplements. I know how you feel Snowflake. I have a friend who only recently started dating this guy and is now pregnant with twins! I'm trying to not let it bother me. My tracker on my phone says AF is due the 23 so we'll see if my relaxing month worked.

Well, DH and I got talking about how we feel last night. As I talked about how I felt I ended up absolutely crying my eyes out - I didn't know I felt THAT sad about TTC. He told me he's very fed up and is considering giving up. That made me very sad that we have come to this junction.

On a positive note though, after thinking I wouldn't O/O would be late because I was so stressed last night, I've started to experience EWCM this morning! Yaaaaaay!

Give me a big O and a +HPT!!!! PLEASE!!!

Best of luck everyone this cycle

I'm really happy you got your +OPK snowflakes! x

:hugs: operation, we can definitely be cycle buddies :)
I read your blog post the other day about bbt, it's so true! Made me smile

Cntrygrl hope this is your month!

Hope that is really sad :hugs:, every month that goes by I worry mine will tell me he's lost interest

:hugs: operation, we can definitely be cycle buddies :)
I read your blog post the other day about bbt, it's so true! Made me smile

Cntrygrl hope this is your month!

Hope that is really sad :hugs:, every month that goes by I worry mine will tell me he's lost interest

It's not so bad - he's not actually going to give up - he wants a baby as much as I do but he's just fed up and frustrated. I understand that. It's hard for him.

Sorry about the co-irker snowflakes; it's the worst having to pretend to pregnant people that you're just not that bothered about being pregnant when inside it's awful :hugs:

Hope you go ok on the fertility blend cntrygrl, I've read good things. My stupid body couldn't handle them though - I had the worst break out of acne on my face I had ever seen! Safe to say I didn't try that again :haha:

SignoraL - Good progress with the IVF! Try your best to stay positive, might not be long now until you're pregnant!

Luna, hope this is your month. There have been a few girls way back on this thread who were trying for 9/10/11 even 12 months, then boom, they were pregnant! There may be nothing wrong, it will just take a little longer x

Luna--my spotting started today so it won't be long now! I'm trying to catch up to your cycle! Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->