TTC in April 2013....pre-planning?

madseasons

Single mom of two!
Reaction score
So I am getting my Mirena IUD out Jan 3rd and my first pre-conception check up (I am 35) at the same time...which is less than a week away! :)

We are not going to start TTC until April :happydance: so I can focus on my weight and get my cycles back to normal. I am also quitting smoking completely (cut down already) next week.

I have started to prepare for TTC by buying a basil thermometer, OPKs, taking prenatals already, and I am going to start charting on the FF website right after IUD removal.

Is anyone else preparing or am I just completely insane? I am not going to be strict about everything once we start to TTC, but I want to get my head back into knowing my cycles again since I didn't have but a few for the 4 years with the IUD.

Sigh...guess I am just getting excited!

I have started on prenatals. I will be making an appointment for a checkup/pre conception visit pretty soon here too. I have been partially charting for about a year now, just tracking periods as I have been on BC, but still keeping track of the bleeds. I will be buying a basal thermometer shortly as I *should* be coming off BC in March at the latest (unless my doctor suggests coming off now, which would make DH not happy lol, he has set me coming off BC in March, not me. But that is a different story...). Haven't decided on OPKs yet though.

You are not going insane :) I haven't had a non-BC period in years, I am kinda looking forward to charting and learning more about it! Who knows, it may even turn into our new form of prevention after baby #1!

Hi ladies,
Not crazy at all! I think a lot of us do the same thing, and it's definitely a very reasonable and responsible approach. DH and I are starting TTC in February, but I started temping in October (when I went off BC) and I'm glad I didn't wait any closer to our TTC date because my cycle is SLOWLY getting back to normal. I didn't O the first month, last month I O'd late in my cycle and had a shorter than I would like luteal phase, and this month has been a bit of an improvement, thank goodness! As you guys probably already know, it's also recommended to take prenatals at least 3 months before TTC, but some sources even say up to a year! So, at least IMO, you are totally sane (or we're both crazy! Lol)

2014 is just around the corner - wishing all of us lots of baby dust and general happiness!

Thanks ladies!!!! I feel much better now!!! Starting a freash diet and workouts today!!!! GL in 2014 to all of us!!!

You are not going insane :) I haven't had a non-BC period in years, I am kinda looking forward to charting and learning more about it! Who knows, it may even turn into our new form of prevention after baby #1!

I know, I'm oddly excited to start tracking my cycles and seeing things come back to normal post-bcp! :)

im ttc may and i had a month off bc last month to see how my body reacted... there were some issues (mostly emotional all the time!!) but it was really interesting charting and seeing when i ov'd, it was wierd seeing my temp drop and knowing af was on its way! its really clever i think!
im starting pregnacare in february as prenatals, SO excited i have them all ready in a drawer! my bf is going to take multivits too so i need to buy them :)

im ttc may and i had a month off bc last month to see how my body reacted... there were some issues (mostly emotional all the time!!) but it was really interesting charting and seeing when i ov'd, it was wierd seeing my temp drop and knowing af was on its way! its really clever i think!
im starting pregnacare in february as prenatals, SO excited i have them all ready in a drawer! my bf is going to take multivits too so i need to buy them :)

Oh that's so great that you ovulated one month off the pill! Crossing my fingers I'm the same.

I have DH taking multivitamins when I take my prenatals too :)

Hi ladies,
We will be TTC in April, hubby thinks more like May Junish, but he doesn't understand that it may not happen right away lol :) I haven't done anything yet, as we have just discussed this, but I did order a fertility book :) I am going to schedule a dr appt soon and pick up some prenatals, I am also stopping my BC pills as of this cycle :)

Devon

I am glad to hear more ladies are in the same boat. I get my IUD out on Friday, then I am going to start temping as soon as AF visits.

Sadly I had to also prepare for my period again, and its been so long since I had one because of the Mirena that I forgot what products I used!:haha: (and how expensive they are! :shock: ) I am not looking forward to it again! I have long heavy periods and I am spoiled going from pregnancy to IUD and having nothing but a few cycles here and there.

Anyways, my Basel thermometer came in yesterday so I am ready to start charting! I know the next three months will fly by, so I want to pin point my O as good as I can! :)

GL ladies! :)

I am TTC may too and just bought male and female prenatals. Not going to start yet as they're expensive, but as I notice you're in the UK I thought I would mention that Boots currently has them on 3 for 2 and you can mix and match the men/women ones

Hey, I'm in the same boot, maybe not so technical but I've just come off bc and have started charting but not using any tests of kits or temping or anything yet. I'm hoping to get my body back to normal with AF and start a little new year detox as I'm hoping to get pregnant around April / May time onwards. If we get to maybe august and it hasn't happened, I'll start on the heavy stuff :) I have started folic acid too!! Fingers crossed it all goes according to plan; how likely will that be!?!? :)

Hey, I'm in the same boot, maybe not so technical but I've just come off bc and have started charting but not using any tests of kits or temping or anything yet. I'm hoping to get my body back to normal with AF and start a little new year detox as I'm hoping to get pregnant around April / May time onwards. If we get to maybe august and it hasn't happened, I'll start on the heavy stuff :) I have started folic acid too!! Fingers crossed it all goes according to plan; how likely will that be!?!? :)

Yeah, I am pretty much going to track my ovulation until April/May then go on to TTC, but still keeping the "fun" in it and not make it a chore! :winkwink:

I don't know how my cycles will be because I had DS then got the IUD so I don't know if they ever when back to normal after having him.

FX for you :) I am hoping to have a BFP at least in 6 months. Last time it only took us two cycles after the copper IUD.

:hugs:

Yeah, I am pretty much going to track my ovulation until April/May then go on to TTC, but still keeping the "fun" in it and not make it a chore! :winkwink:

I don't know how my cycles will be because I had DS then got the IUD so I don't know if they ever when back to normal after having him.

FX for you :) I am hoping to have a BFP at least in 6 months. Last time it only took us two cycles after the copper IUD.

Aw were like twinnies!! In an ideal world I'd flip a little switch in May and hey presto, I'd be expecting! I need to travel next Dec so I'm basing things around that, don't want to be too preggo! I read though that you have have 25% chance any given month of getting pregnant which I was surprised by so I guess it'll be a lot more unpredictable than I'm used to things being!

Aw were like twinnies!! In an ideal world I'd flip a little switch in May and hey presto, I'd be expecting! I need to travel next Dec so I'm basing things around that, don't want to be too preggo! I read though that you have have 25% chance any given month of getting pregnant which I was surprised by so I guess it'll be a lot more unpredictable than I'm used to things being!

Yes we are! I got the IUD removed and although I want to start NOW, I am going to wait because I feel that I will be more ready waiting till my first April cycle and it will be here before I know it!

I almost chickened out today when getting it removed because of everything running through my head...like am I making the right choice? Then I came to my senses, and being 35, I can't waste anymore time! I sweat the small stuff WAY too much!

:hug::dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->