TTC in August?

Just BDing every day during OV time. Charting, taking prenatals, taking other supplements... All that good stuff. Even going to try OPKs.

well im expecting AF today (yay!) and should start testing with OPK on the 10th. Taking prenatal vitamins and alot of finger crossing! This is going to be my 4th cycle off BCP and first actual month TTC #1 :)
Although I have thought about this over-thoroughly, and we made the decision over the past year, im still a lil nervous/excited/scared?/happy!
Wheres everyone else at?

well ladies i think im gonna end up doing a test before august and end up testing with in the next few days IF my 21 day bloods show that i o'd and i reeeeealy hope i did....i think i did...now im having constant cramps and my boobs hurt a little also. if i o'd the day i think i did i would be 8 dpo

Hi

Can I join you guys!? VeryV we sound very similar, I too have been off BCP for 3 months, Aug will be our first month TTC and my 4th cycle off BCP. I've been charting for the last three cycles and it looks like I'm ovulating but I have a short LP and no EWCM...:shrug: Hope it's nothing serious and I catch that eggy in Aug.

I'll be CD1 tomorrow or Sat so lots of :sex: around the weekend of the 14th Aug when I should hopefully be O-ing.

Good luck to all of you, can't wait to see all the test results - :dust:

thanx for the good lucks. even if i didnt catch this month i will be happy to know that i have O'D if i did. im looking foward to full on ttc in august though thats really when i want to get prego...this is just a practice run!

crissie....of course you can join us i think we would all love to have you...GL 2 U

hey can I join here ladies?...my husband n I r trying this month as well...I ovulate in 5-6 days...so veryyy excited...this is our second month trying...so fx's that this is our month :happydance: :thumbup:

Sure welcome the more the merrier.

ill be ttc concieve in august just waiting for the witch to arrive :( lol

Hi, can I join? Will be trying 2nd half of August, MC no 2, 5 weeks ago, TTC no 1. Testing end of August.

Good luck all!
:hugs:

goodluck to all the new august ttcers i hope we all get those 2 lovely lines on our test dates

Hi all I would also like to join, my husband and I are trying for #1. I have been off BCP since May so we will be TTC August....so exciting :)

baby dust to all

Hi girls, and welcome to the club :) Yes Crissie we seem to be coming into this from the same direction. Good luck to all of you!

Just an update.. I was expecting AF on the 27th.. STILL waiting (10 days late now) I have taken HPT with a :bfn: at 2 days late, and again at 8 days late.. I was hoping to start this month off fresh as we werent TTC last month, and im positive we did not BD around the days I was supposed to ovulate.. I have no symptoms, just had slight cramps like AF was gonna come but never did.. If I miss a period due to stress (I didnt think I was stressed but all this TTC may have done it) will I still ovulate this month?? Im trying to relax but its hard!!

Veryv are you charting and/ using OPK's? How do you know you didn't BD at the time you were O-ing?

Lucy1973 sorry to hear about your MC :(. Hope this is your month and it's a really sticky bean! I'll also be testing end Aug, if we catch the eggie...

Hi poppie, Veryv and I have also only been off BCP for a few months now, how have you found things since you stopped? Are your cycles regular and back to normal?

Sma1588 :dust: to you, good luck. Have you Oed yet?

hey ladies! next week im gonna be testing

witch got me today so ill be trying again this month xx

Crissie, I am new to all of this so I dont really know what charting is.. I had 33 day cycles, so i used an ovulation calculator which said to try between the 11th and 16th of July and we didn't BD in that timeframe, I was saving the OPK's for this month so I didn't use them then, but when I was late i freaked out and used a few as HPT's to see if I could get an answer and nothing :( I took another HPT this morning and still :bfn: im getting really discouraged..

Hey VeryV, I'm no expert in charting but I highly recommend it, it's one of the best ways to tell if you are ovulating and when in your cycle you do. It can be a little tedious as it involves buying a BBT thermometer (this is a more sensitive thermometer that measures your Basel temp - your resting temp first thing when you wake up) and taking your temp every morning when you wakeup. I have a 28 day cycle and the ovulation charts say I should be ovulating around day 14, well this is best case scenario i.e. the perfect cycle... and we are all so different. So after charting for the last 3 months I found that I actually ovulate around day 16/17/20 so if we were BDing at 14 we might miss ovulation if it's on day 20. It just makes your chances better plus it gives you a great picture of how YOUR cycle works not the virtual one the ovulation charts tell you. The only thing is that it can't forewarn you when you will be ovulating (only once you have) but that's where the OPK tests come in.

You should try Fertility Friend, it's a great site, all the info you need - here are my recent charts: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2ee9ed I really feel knowledge is power.

Anyway don't be discouraged, we know all too well that we are not all like some woman who come off BCP and next thing you know - BFP! Hang in there, this might just be your body adjusting. Maybe test again in a few days?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->