• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TTC in May, anyone want to join me?

Princess - OMG! I know it! I have an app on my phone (Timehop) where it pulls pictures from my social media and shows me what I posted in the past. Seeing all the pictures of my DD when she was itty bitty makes me crazy want another. I want to give my DD a sibling too! She's not quite 2 yet, but she loves playing with other LOs. I know she'd love having a little brother or sister :) I really hope we all get our bfps :hugs:

I have a feeling a lot of us will :) I'm hoping mine will be pos before Sunday that would make my day. I just love being a mommy. I was a little weepy last night and more twinges this morning so I'm hoping that was a good sign. 7dpo tomorrow and I am so anxious!

Oh my gosh mimomma, I forgot how far along into the tww you already are! I can't wait for you to test soon!! You need to start off the bfp train on this thread :thumbup: Fx'd for you, it all sounds promising!

Can I join ladies. My opk are getting darker. I ordered an advanced clearblue digital monitor but it just came in and says to wait for beginning of a cycle. :( I am hoping the heaviness in my ovaries means the clomid worked.

Welcome dancingnurse! :flower: Are you doing unmonitored cycles of Clomid then I assume? Sorry that the CBFM came too late, I was actually just thinking about what a waste of space mine is, I've never been able to use it because of my PCOS :( I hope you get a +OPK soon!!

Oh my gosh mimomma, I forgot how far along into the tww you already are! I can't wait for you to test soon!! You need to start off the bfp train on this thread :thumbup: Fx'd for you, it all sounds promising!

Thank you:) you aren't too far behind me, are you? How are you feeling?

So I have just recently come off the longest cycle I've ever been on 120 days of questions and I'm just finishing up AF now so hopefully this will be the month because I've been out of the game for the last four. Good luck to everyone.

Hey Hayley :) welcome. I'm TTC #2 as well. What age is your LO?

Ooo mimomma could this be implantation pain? FXed :)

Thanks! I can't quite believe it but she will be three in September - keeps asking for a sister..! How old is your LO? xx

Hey Hayley, my son is 7 going to be a huge age gap I know. I had him very young, so didn't want another one until I was my settled. Xx

Oh I wish i were closer to ovulation! I'm very impatient. Is anyone else due to ovulate later on this month? I'm due around the 24th may.

Also what are you ladies doing about bd'ing? I'm not sure whether to just try and do it as much as possible or once or twice around that time. Neither of us have really high sex drives so we only do it about once a week at the moment.

mimomma - I'm only CD5, so not even really to baby-makin' week yet :winkwink: I'm still taking my Femara, then next week we'll get down to business most likely. Fx'd you get your bfp this weekend! I can't wait for you to start us off :)

rockstar - Welcome! Man, I've been there :/ If I didn't do anything to manage my PCOS I would have never-ending cycles too. I think the last one I had before I started getting help a few years ago was in the 120 day range. I feel your pain! I hope you get your bfp too!

Vicky - Me too!! Fx'd we all are! :flower:

bobster - I'm so impatient too! I'm just ready for it to be next week so we can get to BDing. If we were just trying and not doing Femara/ultrasounds/trigger shots we would probably BD every other day as we got closer to O. Since we're doing the fertility treatment route, I'll go in for my mid-cycle ultrasound on CD12 next week and if we have a viable follicle I'll trigger that night and we'll BD that night, the next morning, and the next morning just to cover our bases :thumbup: I've always read that it's better to have the sperm ready and waiting rather than after O has occurred.

I have been using ic opk. If we do not get bfp this cycle then we will start ultrasounds and trigger. They are also wanting to increase my progesterone if no bfp. I do not know if I can handle an increase, it is harder on me than the clomid.

Oh I wish i were closer to ovulation! I'm very impatient. Is anyone else due to ovulate later on this month? I'm due around the 24th may.

Also what are you ladies doing about bd'ing? I'm not sure whether to just try and do it as much as possible or once or twice around that time. Neither of us have really high sex drives so we only do it about once a week at the moment.

We were only doing it once a week prior to deciding to ttc. I wanted to get a bfp ASAP so we bd'd every 2-3 days at least until I got my +opk. Then every day, sometimes twice a day on o-2, o-1, o, and o+1:haha:

Juhnayrae - I have Timehop too, now that really does make me broody!

Mimomma - I hope your feeling is right and we all do. Fx for Sunday!

Dancingnurse - Hiya and welcome. How annoying you can't use it, I've never used that one but I'd be tempted to just ignore and use lol. Heavy ovaries sounds very good, I had that every time I ovulated with clomid with ds. Good luck!

Rockstarlove - 120 days!!! That must be so frustrating for you, I'd think I'd go insane! I really hope you catch the egg this time after that long wait. Lots of luck to you!

Bobster - I'm not sure what we're going to do yet. I'm planning on every other day from CD10 and the the day before O and day of O and day after O. Might not go to plan though because we always get fed up with too much BD and then with work and a toddler we're always tired!

AFM - CD9 and feeling very sore around my ovaries, very much like ovulation pain but it's too soon. Hope its just means nice follicles are developing and I'll release a nice and healthy egg. Negative opk this afternoon, will keep doing 1 a day and the 2 a day from CD12 just so I don't miss my surge of its short. It's my mid-cycle ultrasound tomorrow and the I'll probably have to go for another around cd15/16. I'm excited. Also dtd tonight just in case the pains do turn into an early O. It's hard work this ttc business lol

EDIT: Haha lost a day somewhere! It's CD1 today not yesterday my my ultrasound is Friday not today. I'm losing the plot!

Juhnayrae - I have Timehop too, now that really does make me broody!

Mimomma - I hope your feeling is right and we all do. Fx for Sunday!

Dancingnurse - Hiya and welcome. How annoying you can't use it, I've never used that one but I'd be tempted to just ignore and use lol. Heavy ovaries sounds very good, I had that every time I ovulated with clomid with ds. Good luck!

Rockstarlove - 120 days!!! That must be so frustrating for you, I'd think I'd go insane! I really hope you catch the egg this time after that long wait. Lots of luck to you

Bobster - I'm not sure what we're going to do yet. I'm planning on every other day from CD10 and the the day before O and day of O and day after O. Might not go to plan though because we always get fed up with too much BD and then with work and a toddler we're always tired!

AFM - CD9 and feeling very sore around my ovaries, very much like ovulation pain but it's too soon. Hope its just means nice follicles are developing and I'll release a nice and healthy egg. Negative opk this afternoon, will keep doing 1 a day and the 2 a day from CD12 just so I don't miss my surge of its short. It's my mid-cycle ultrasound tomorrow and the I'll probably have to go for another around cd15/16. I'm excited. Also dtd tonight just in case the pains do turn into an early O. It's hard work this ttc business lol

It was frustrating to say the least I found myself testing like every week or two and spent a but load of money on any and everything I found on the internet that where natural ways to bring on a period or regulate your cycle. Finally I just gave it to God and it worked out at just left today so I'll start trying in a few days and see what happens, but I refuse to stress over it whatever is meant to happen is going to or otherwise I'll drive myself insane and into another incredibly long cycle. But good luck to you and everyone else

mimomma - I'm only CD5, so not even really to baby-makin' week yet :winkwink: I'm still taking my Femara, then next week we'll get down to business most likely. Fx'd you get your bfp this weekend! I can't wait for you to start us off :)

rockstar - Welcome! Man, I've been there :/ If I didn't do anything to manage my PCOS I would have never-ending cycles too. I think the last one I had before I started getting help a few years ago was in the 120 day range. I feel your pain! I hope you get your bfp too!

Vicky - Me too!! Fx'd we all are! :flower:

bobster - I'm so impatient too! I'm just ready for it to be next week so we can get to BDing. If we were just trying and not doing

Femara/ultrasounds/trigger shots we would probably BD every other day as we got closer to O. Since we're doing the fertility treatment route, I'll go in for my mid-cycle ultrasound on CD12 next week and if we have a viable follicle I'll trigger that night and we'll BD that night, the next morning, and the next morning just to cover our bases :thumbup: I've always read that it's better to have the sperm ready and waiting rather than after O has occurred.

Thanks I'm hoping so to but not really stressing it because I know that cycle knocked me off track a little bit

I am confused girls. So my opk I took this afternoon looked positive to me/ or the darkest it has ever looked. Well I decided to take another one about 1/2 hour later and used a first response ovulation test and it was negative. Could that be because my urine was diluted and not held? I have ovulated on cycle day 13 in the past. Maybe tomorrow will be a true positive. We are not going to be able to dtd tonight, so I hope tomorrow will still catch the egg.

Dancingnurse - I'm guessing it could be diluted. I'm not sure how it's works with the lh surge. It could be the lh leaves slowly getting lighter opks gradually or if it's a more instant and opks go from dark to light. I've had a positive in the morning and then negative in the evening. Although I've heard some brand never give a dark positive, I've always used the cheap strip ones from.ebay or the clearblue smiley one.
You might get a more knowledgeable answer in the ovulation testing section x

marlin26
Hello ladies well I'm MarLin .. Nice to meet everyone.. I have been with my hubby for 8 years. He is 43 I'm 35 and I have 2 teenagers 14 & 13 from a previous marriage.. And he has kids also but they are 19 & 21. On June 13 the 2014 I got a tubal reversal. We started TTC in late August Early September.. Every time my period came each month at first I would be like better luck next time.. Then I got angry then I started crying... I still cry every month .. But last month we finally got a faint positive and I posted it on her not here here but some where on here I lose it all the time.. Lol n e ways we were so happy this went on for a week the happiest I have her felt other than when my 2 teens were born.. I tested every day( cuz I'm addicted to testing even more so sweet a positive I just couldn't believe it finally our dream had come true .. Then of all days on my sons b day APRIL 23 I START TO BLEED!!! So I said this can't be .. So I tested and it came up negative I tested all day until the next all 13 came back negative.so no I didn't go to the hospital or doctors I read up on it I think it was a CP .. So when I finished I only lasted 5 days and that like a little shorter than usual but I'm think all this that happened who knows..so I want to say around the 30 the or 1 st I got the slippery cm twinges horny ( TMI SORRY) so I did an opk and yup ladies it wasI'm like huhwhat's going on can this happen I ovulated early .. So yup we jumped up on it lol I took another opk strip and yup positive again so.. I'm hopeing praying that we get our BFP we so really want.. But I'm scared what if it happens again???what if its faint then gone crushed into a million pieces.. Idk ladies I just Dont want to feel the heart ache again.. Well that's my story sorry so long baby dust to all.. I pray it happens for us

Welcome marlin26! I'm so sorry for your loss :( I've had a fe CP's too, they're the worst. I've decided I'm not going to test as early this cycle so I don't get my hopes up like I have in the past. I hope this is the cycle for you!

To everyone else, sorry I've been quiet, we've had a few busy days. I'm on my last Femara pill tonight, then a mid cycle ultrasound next Wednesday to see if we have anything to work with. Don't we have a few people testing soon? Like this weekend?? To those testing, if you want, please post your tests, even if they're bfns!! I need to fulfill my POAS addiction through ya'll haha! :haha:

Marlin - welcome to the group. I am so so sorry for your loss, it's one of the worst things a women can go through but it does get easier in time. I really hope you catch that egg this month, you are supposedly more fertile after a loss. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you x

Juhnayrae - being busy is a blessing, helps from obsessing constantly about ttc lol. Good luck for your ultrasound.

AFM- (copy and pasted from my journal)The ultrasound went well. I have one dominant follicle in the right ovary and it's measuring 16mm. The consultant said ovulation takes place when the follicle is between 16mm and 24mm so I could ovulate any time from now really so we need to get down to the baby making lol. I Od CD15 last time I was on clomid but I think it might actually be earlier this time, not complaining, get to poas sooner lol. I go back on Monday just to see what's happening, if the follicle is still growing or had been released. So yep I'm happy with that, just wondering what to tell work because I don't want to tell them why I'll need to leave but they're not going to happy thinking I've made an appointment for a work day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->