TTC just off the pill buddies

Hi all.

How is everyone?

I'm something like CD6. I'm in exam mode at the moment so my stress levels are rather high! Hoping it doesn't affect OV or anything like that.

Squal and Babycakes-
I stopped taking BC Oct. 19. My last visit bleed was Oct. 3-5. I havent had anyhting since then. No spotting or even symptoms of my period. I know Im not preggers cause Ive taken multiple HPT and they were all BFN's. My only concern is that if I dont get a visit from AF I cant ovulate. I started taking Royal Jelly to help get my cycle regular. But I just started that a week ago. So hopefully it will help!

Hi all! Anyone here been off the pill for 6+ months and still not have a regular cycle?

I feel like Im the only one! I had my withdrawal bleed in April after stopping the bc pill and had :witch: in August but that is it! AHHHHH

Been to the doc. many times and have had ultrasound and some blood test (all of which look good), got sent to OBGYN who gave me provera and had withdrawal bleed from that few weeks ago.

Anyone else still outta whack?

Oh and to add, my cycles were like clock work before I started BC...

hiya i came of the pill in august :) im using ovulation tests for bout 2 months now had one positve :( hoping its just my body trying to adjust but i also from pcos :( x

Hey Ladies! This thread is right up my ally! I went off BC July 4 (had 6 days of w/d bleed) and since then NOTHING! I had been on the pill for about 12 years and had very regular period before that. Got my first period at 13 and started the pill at age 16. Anyways, I got (what I am assuming/hoping) was a AF on Nov 7 - it started off slow like spotting and was very dark brown sorry for TMI it got heavier during the week and lasted about 6 days. Then stopped...I am hoping it was AF (sounds strange hoping for AF) but if it was then that means I ovulated right...and I need to OV to get BFP!

About 14 days after what I think was AF I had very creamy CM which I am guessing meant OV so I BD'd around that time. Now I am patiently waiting for Dec 7 which would be the start of a 28 day cycle (assuming I am 28 days) for either AF or BFP!

This is so frustrating as not getting a period is annoying because each month since July I have been taking random tests to see if I would get BFPs but each time BFN :( I took my last test on Nov 13 (after what I think AF finished) thinking maybe it was implantation bleed but it was BFN that is why I think it was AF.

Sorry for the rant ladies! I just wish someone would have warned me it would take a while to get back on track from having been on the pill. Everyone I talked too (including my DR) told me that I would get preggers right after stopping the pill as that is your most fertile (ya right!) I know some do but of course, I'm the one that decides to wait and now I feel like I screwed myself.

I'm 29 DH is 30! married 3yrs together 10...TTC baby #1

finallyready, I know how you feel. :hugs: It is VERY frusterating! My sister and cousin stopped birth control at the same time as me and they are BOTH pregnant. One is 3+ months and the other is 2+ and Im still not ovulating! UGH.

Do keep in mind that even if you have AF, it is possible to not be ovulating. Are you charting your temps? I just started this month and I think it will be helpful to see if I actually do ovulate or not. I also do OPKs but have never seen a positive... :wacko:

:dust:

Hi girls... Well, I still can't believe I'm writing this but... I got my :bfp: !!!!! :happydance:
I tested last Thursday (12DPO) as our friends were coming over first thing Friday from Dublin to stay for the weekend, and I wanted to know whether I could have a drink or not!!!! AND, OMG, there was a faint little line on both IC and FRER!!!! :wacko: Sooooo anyway, they went back yesterday so I tested again this morning (17DPO) on a FRER and clearblue digi - FRER line was pretty much as dark as the control line and digi said 2-3.... yay, soooo excited and can't believe it!!!! It actually hasn't sunk in yet and doesn't feel real!!!!! :yipee:
So, how's everyone else doing then!??!?
Lou, did you ov yet?
Squeal - I'm coming to join you - woohoo!!!
Babycakes - how's it going with you?!?!
Loads of babydust for everyone - I reaaaaalllly hope some of you will be joining me soon!!!! :dust:

Congratulations again Caroline!! I bet you're so happy. Just in time for Christmas. Are you going to tell ppl then or wait till your 12 week scan? I'll look forward to seeing you in first tri! When will your due date be? Xx

OMG Caroline!! :happydance:

I gasped out loud when I saw your post!! So happy for you!

I'm not sure about if I've ov'd or not yet. We are pretty much DTD every other evening at the moment. If there is an egg I want to catch it!!

Hey missangie...I have no idea if I am ovulating...I don't chart my temps and have never taken OPK! I guess I should go to the dollar store and buy some OPKs to see what is up. I am hoping AF comes in the next week or so and then I'll start doing OPKs. If AF does NOT come and I get a BFN then I'll be back to square one :( How often and what point do you start testing with OPK????

ugh this sucks so much! Here ppl are waiting to get BFP and we are hoping for BFO (Big Fat Ovulation) LOL.

Agreed. I just wish I knew if I was ovulating.. That would make things alot easier. I hate not knowing..

I know, where is our BFO! :wink:

I went online and purchased some cheapo OPKs, it came with a LOT of them so I have actually been testing twice a day, every day since I last had my withdrawal bleed from Provera....

Im either not ovulating or those cheapos dont really work (or maybe both!!)

Crossing my fingers for our BFO which will lead to our BFP!!!!!!

I used opks the last two weeks in november and I had 2 days that had darker lines. But I just dont under stand how if I havent had AF. Someone told me on here that ov is first and that would make sense but what if I never get a period.. Will I still ov? Theres just so many questions. And im so confused at how all these teenage girls who have no idea about their cycles and when they ovulate yet they are still getting pregnant like no other. Its not fair.

Congratulations again Caroline!! I bet you're so happy. Just in time for Christmas. Are you going to tell ppl then or wait till your 12 week scan? I'll look forward to seeing you in first tri! When will your due date be? Xx

Thanks hun :hugs: I am soooo happy and excited, but it still hasn't sunk in!!!! :shrug:

I've told one of my best mates as she was over for the weekend from Dublin the day after we found out... I didn't want to tell anyone so soon, but she's probbaly have guessed with me not able to drink, lol, and would have known if I'd made up excuses!!!! haha... It's also the only opportunity I'd have had to tell her in person! I also told my mum tonight... And I'll tell my best friend in the next couple of weeks.... other than that we'll wait 'til 12 weeks...

According to when I Ov'd I'd be due August 6th... but if you go from the first day of cycle as Dr probably will, it'd be August 10th....
When did you go to Dr hun? I'm thinking of going Friday...

OMG Caroline!! :happydance:

I gasped out loud when I saw your post!! So happy for you!

I'm not sure about if I've ov'd or not yet. We are pretty much DTD every other evening at the moment. If there is an egg I want to catch it!!

hehe, thanks hun :hugs:
I really hope you can be joining me reeeeaaaallllly soon... Just keep up that BDing if you're not sure when you've OV'd... I'm sure you'll be with me in no time!!!! Here's loads of babydust to help you on your way :dust: GL hun x

Thanks hun :hugs: I am soooo happy and excited, but it still hasn't sunk in!!!! :shrug:

I've told one of my best mates as she was over for the weekend from Dublin the day after we found out... I didn't want to tell anyone so soon, but she's probbaly have guessed with me not able to drink, lol, and would have known if I'd made up excuses!!!! haha... It's also the only opportunity I'd have had to tell her in person! I also told my mum tonight... And I'll tell my best friend in the next couple of weeks.... other than that we'll wait 'til 12 weeks...

According to when I Ov'd I'd be due August 6th... but if you go from the first day of cycle as Dr probably will, it'd be August 10th....

How exciting! I told work last week and so we had to tell some friends due to work having to speak to one of them about it. Other than that we're waiting till 12 weeks too. I have my scan on 16th December.

I waited to go to the doctors until I was about 7 weeks I think, it wouldn't have made any difference when I went because I couldn't see the midwife until I was nearlly 10 weeks anyway as they don't see anyone before that.

Have you got an appointment booked for tomorrow then?

How exciting! I told work last week and so we had to tell some friends due to work having to speak to one of them about it. Other than that we're waiting till 12 weeks too. I have my scan on 16th December.

I waited to go to the doctors until I was about 7 weeks I think, it wouldn't have made any difference when I went because I couldn't see the midwife until I was nearlly 10 weeks anyway as they don't see anyone before that.

Have you got an appointment booked for tomorrow then?

No, I don't have an appointment - my surgery doesn't actually do appointments, you can just turn up and see the doctor whenever you want... I was going to leave it later, but a few people said they went straight away... hmmm, don't know what to do now!!!! lol

Oooooh, not long 'til your scan then! Very exciting!!!! :happydance:

I should say it doesn't matter too much when you go, it just depends on your surgery's policy.

When I eventually saw the doctor all he did was tell me my EDD, listen to my heart and feel my stomach, and chat to me about what not to eat etc, it wasn't very exciting, but at least it felt as though the ball was starting to roll and also meant I could start looking forward to other appointments (I can't beleive how many you have to have!).

I think I am starting to get a tiny bump now :)

Im so jealous of the two of you (squeal and caroline).. Congrats on yall BFP's!! and h&h 9months! Hopefully some of us will be joining you soon enough!!

Im so jealous of the two of you (squeal and caroline).. Congrats on yall BFP's!! and h&h 9months! Hopefully some of us will be joining you soon enough!!

Thank you :) I'm sure you will be joining us both sooner than you think! Good Luck for this month, sending you lots of :dust: your way xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->