TTC Naturally???

For myself, I feel that losing weight will help me become regular and possibly ovulate consistently. It's just simple as that for me w/ the advise of my doctor as well (which I also mentioned that my doctor gave me advise on alternative ways to get pregnant). Not putting anyone down on Clomid at all but sometimes it is just a matter of getting healthy along the way of using this method. It's not a method that will work for everyone and that is fine.

This thread is took a turn for the worst! Which was not my intentions. I thought that I can find other women trying to get healthy, lose some weight, take vitamins or other natural supplements to get pregnant like me. Why is that so bad?

were not doing anything apart from lots of :sex: altho i have been trying to eat better and do more exercise. weve been trying for 8months now, i may try ovulation sticks next month tho. good luck :dust: xx

I am investing in a fertility monitor soon. I believe the investment would be worth it. At home pregnancy test are too expensive! So im looking to buy bulk. I used the sticks before and they work. Possibly would save money by ordering online but im so anxious and cant wait so I buy from stores that offer sales and coupons lol

yeah ebay sells them really cheap so ill proberly get them from there. How long have you been trying? x

Hi Bella, I've just caught back up with this thread, and I'm sorry that all blew up in your face slightly! But i totally got what you were going for, because I feel the same with all the other threads. That a lot of the advice going round wasn't something that i could use to help me personally, and when I did ask for advice on things I didnt actually get any responses! So i personally would like to be your friend!

I would like to point out now that I am no against any forms of drugs to help concieve, if was offered them i probably would take them.

Bella, I just wanted to state that I support you 100%. :hugs: I was one of the first ppl to comment to you and have since read through all of the following post. I am sorry that some people have taken such great offense to your post. I do not believe that you were trying to target any certain group, but was only using "Clomid" as an example of a fertility aid. It is the main one that is commented about on this forum, so I can understand why you would reference it. We, as woman, sometimes let our emotions and hormones get the best of us and take it out on the wrong people. As someone stated before, we are all here for the same reason, regardless of the route we use to get there. I also agree with what you said about reading through and skipping other post. I do the same thing. I read through the titles and open the ones that I feel pertain to me. I admit that I have gone into some that didn't particularly pertain to me, but I was interested. I have been in ones where women who talked about how jealous they were that they couldn't conceive naturally and how they hate to hear women tell their stories that can. There are a lot of post on here that we could take offense to if we let our emotions get the best of us. We are all adults and we have to be able to control ourselves. If we can't do it now, then how will we when have children (which definitely bring enough stress by themselves)... I am here to support everyone no matter what their situation is and just wish we could all be supportive of each other. I was very happy to see a thread about natural conceiver and felt that I had found women that were starting the process just as I am. I could relate to them better than someone who not TTC naturally and that is just how I feel. Why should we be bashed for how we feel?? We are not going around saying, OOOOOO I can concieve without aid, blah blah blah!!! No one did that and I don't believe that any one would. I just feel so bad for every person that was affected here, especially Bella...:hugs: She was just trying to find others that she can relate to, just like other women who start their own threads about whatever. Please let's just let this go... she has apologized and I think that was more than enough. Baby dust to everyone... no matter who you are!!:dust::dust:

bella, i just wanted to state that i support you 100%. :hugs: I was one of the first ppl to comment to you and have since read through all of the following post. I am sorry that some people have taken such great offense to your post. I do not believe that you were trying to target any certain group, but was only using "clomid" as an example of a fertility aid. It is the main one that is commented about on this forum, so i can understand why you would reference it. We, as woman, sometimes let our emotions and hormones get the best of us and take it out on the wrong people. As someone stated before, we are all here for the same reason, regardless of the route we use to get there. I also agree with what you said about reading through and skipping other post. I do the same thing. I read through the titles and open the ones that i feel pertain to me. I admit that i have gone into some that didn't particularly pertain to me, but i was interested. I have been in ones where women who talked about how jealous they were that they couldn't conceive naturally and how they hate to hear women tell their stories that can. There are a lot of post on here that we could take offense to if we let our emotions get the best of us. We are all adults and we have to be able to control ourselves. If we can't do it now, then how will we when have children (which definitely bring enough stress by themselves)... I am here to support everyone no matter what their situation is and just wish we could all be supportive of each other. I was very happy to see a thread about natural conceiver and felt that i had found women that were starting the process just as i am. I could relate to them better than someone who not ttc naturally and that is just how i feel. Why should we be bashed for how we feel?? We are not going around saying, oooooo i can concieve without aid, blah blah blah!!! No one did that and i don't believe that any one would. I just feel so bad for every person that was affected here, especially bella...:hugs: She was just trying to find others that she can relate to, just like other women who start their own threads about whatever. Please let's just let this go... She has apologized and i think that was more than enough. Baby dust to everyone... No matter who you are!!:dust::dust:

beautifully written! Thank you so much! Baby dust to all=)

Btw I rreally didnt mean to offend anyone about stating trying to conceive naturally. I should have included in my original post that I usually skip over threads that has the words clomid" (which is a majority). Im so sorry

The OP has already apologized once so let's leave it now and move on :flower:

and not picking on any one in particular (but did notice people arguing about this so thought I'd comment)

posts made in all caps are against forum rules and TOS:

Posts made in TXT SPK (text speak) or entirely in CAPITAL LETTERS are not permitted.

BellaHoney in no way should your thread be considered offence. It's not often you see a naturally TTC thread and imo this is really nice to see and reassuring.

I feel you had a genuine inquiry to find if others like yourself who due to medical/personal reasons can or choose not to take clomide.

Personally for myself I've had investigations HSG and Lap n Dye. I was convinced because we've NTNP for years that there was something wrong. Thankfully there wasn't everything is normal. Now with DH totally on board (before he wasn't ready) we are DB'ing every other day. I'm hoping we won't have to take clomide but it may be that we do.

We're all here for the same achievement :baby: :hugs:

MissJ,

If you don't mind me asking, my husband and I were NTNP for about five years and never successfully conceived. I am like you and am convinced that something must be wrong but so far the doc has found nothing wrong. My doctor is asking me to try for a few months using OPKs (which I will start doing either this month or next - I don't really understand how they work) and if I'm still unsuccessful, (after she checks out hubby's swimmers :blush:), the next step will be HSG and Lap N Dye test. Since you've been there and done that, I just wanted to know what that whole process was like for you? I like to get advice ahead of time so I know what to mentally prepare for but hopefully I'm successful before we get to that point!

Hi bella :hugs: I think I chatted a bit with you in another thread, but my mind is all over the place right now. :wacko: Anyhow, I was actually supposed to start on clomid two cycles ago, but they were canceled because of a cyst. But I have actually O'd without the clomid now for the past three cycles (yay for that) and am now not wanting to go that route anymore. I've actually started using soy (which is natural) same days as clomid, and I take prenatals and folic acid. I also use preseed, OPKs, and temp. Yep, you could say I've become pretty obsessive. :haha: We tried the relaxed, go with the flow route, but after we hit the year mark, we decided to ramp up our efforts. :haha:

Anyhow, looks like you've decided to stay on bnb. :happydance: I was diagnosed with PCOS and was not ovulating (at all), and was told by my gyno that even losing 5-10 pounds usually helps out with the ovulation. :flower: How are you planning on losing weight? Are you doing any diet in particular?

:hugs: again and buckets and buckets of :dust: to you!

Hi I suck at "diets" per se bc I love to eat! What I have been doing is ready following the introduction to atkins. Which works out perfect bc I love salads and found really good recipes on lowcarbfriends.com. Hope that helps. Btw I lost 13lbs since feb doing this and not working out...so now istarted working out and it feels good

Great job on the weightloss so far! That's fabulous. :) I'm the opposite to that diet, I'm vegan. :haha: I actually just went back on a vegan diet in January (not too strict) and have lost 20 pounds since then. I'm also working out, and if I don't get my BFP this cycle, I'll be trying out restoring fertility yoga. I pretty much suck at diets, too btw. :haha:

I really like this site but sometimes I just want to cry when all the threads talk about clomid! It seems no one is trying to conceive naturally so it makes me feel overwhelmed as if I dont have anything in common or that this site isn't helpful for me:(

I'm 29, 5'4 and 163lbs...not regular at all and trying to loose weight now to see if that will help w/conceiving. Is there anyone else going this route to help conceive?

I had pain on my left side for just a few hrs 2wks ago on 4/13. I felt as if I may have ovulated and is due to take a pregnancy test tomorrow morning. For the last 2wks I have had sore boobs, feeling very weird but it also could be in my head. I'm anxious however, my husband knows that I bought a test so there is no privacy lol. I'm so overwhelmed and already told by my doc that I was healthy and my husband is healthy...but no pregnancy! Lately, I have been relaxing and thinking of starting my geritol on the 1st of April (this will help me keep track)

I've always been irregular, and we are NTNP right now (I'm not using OPKs, temping or anything) and I am so scared when I get bloods done they'll tell me I need clomid. :dohh:

Also trying to lose weight but I've been 125-215 lbs, and my period was NEVER normal, even when I wasn't a tad overweight. :haha:

Also, i'm trying to convince my hubby to buy organic everything for now on. He is so cheap but i'm working on him slowly lol. I recently bought organic eggs and they were delish so hopefully he got the point. Now a days the food we've been buying such as chicken etc has too much hormones in them. I believe it also has a part in how my body been reacting. It makes sense so i'm trying everything under the sun that makes me feel good. So far eating healthier has given me the benefit of ovulating. Praying that this continue.

Really listen to your body! It makes a world of difference. I've notice how clear my skin is, no longer bloated, a little more engery, my mood is better etc.

I've always been irregular, and we are NTNP right now (I'm not using OPKs, temping or anything) and I am so scared when I get bloods done they'll tell me I need clomid. :dohh:

Also trying to lose weight but I've been 125-215 lbs, and my period was NEVER normal, even when I wasn't a tad overweight. :haha:

Even if they want to put you on clomid you don't have to take it. If they find anything, you can look up natural ways to aid in whatever is found. At least you'll know what you're working with. :flower:

Also, i'm trying to convince my hubby to buy organic everything for now on. He is so cheap but i'm working on him slowly lol. I recently bought organic eggs and they were delish so hopefully he got the point. Now a days the food we've been buying such as chicken etc has too much hormones in them. I believe it also has a part in how my body been reacting. It makes sense so i'm trying everything under the sun that makes me feel good. So far eating healthier has given me the benefit of ovulating. Praying that this continue.

Really listen to your body! It makes a world of difference. I've notice how clear my skin is, no longer bloated, a little more engery, my mood is better etc.

Everything I buy (that I can find) is organic. Yes, it is more expensive, but when in the long run I believe helps in all aspects of health. Fxx hun. :dust:

YES, I love organic! It's much more benefical

Also, dont be afraid to ask your doctor for alternative methods! You would be amazed on how much info they can give you when they aren't talking in medical terms. HTH

YES, I love organic! It's much more benefical

Also, dont be afraid to ask your doctor for alternative methods! You would be amazed on how much info they can give you when they aren't talking in medical terms. HTH

We don't have insurance right now, so I can't go get bloods done. I was wondering what would happen if I just take like 40mg everyday while we :sex: daily, could it hurt...? Or would you up the dosage, or not do it....hm....:dohh:

Rin - Are you talking about taking clomid? You only take them on specific cycle days (i.e. CD2-6, 3-7, 4-8, or 5-9). They basically stimulate your ovaries, so it's not safe to take every day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->