TTC: Need help with OPKs!

Ashlene

Reaction score
https://i60.tinypic.com/2lne9ly.jpg

I'm supposed to ovulate on the 5th, I took the first test in the morning and I will be testing again 12 hours later.

I'm kinda new with these since I had only tried digitals but they cost usd9 a test, it was too expensive so I'm switching to the POS kinds.

Am I correct to say that I have not ovulated? For it to be a positive, the Test line has to be as dark as the Control line, right?
I'm just a tad bit confused by the 4th's lines.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!! :kiss:

What time did you test on the 4th? If you tested in the morning and the test on the 5th was the following morning is there a chance you could have ovulated late on the 4th? If I'm not pregnant by the new year I'm going to start using OPKs. I think i'm going to use cheaper OPKs in the morning then a digi late afternoon.

X

I agree its best to test twice a day as you can miss your surge, a few cycles ago I had a pos opk for just 6 hours, I would of missed it had I not been testing more than once, you could well of got a darker positive on the 4th if you'd tested again. Good luck x

olivette digitals use fmu, or the ones i use do

to OP I would say you would have got your pos at a different time on the 4th, you typically ovulate 12-48 hours after a positive opk chances are your are going to ovulate on the 5th :)

The 4th looks positive to me. So you're more then likely going to ovulate today. That's my guess. Good luck!

Just did another opk and it is not as dark as the 4th's. Oh dear, maybe I missed it yesterday! I tested at 9pm on the 4th and went to bed not knowing it was a positive. We did the deed twice on 3rd, skipped the 4th and again on the 5th. I hope I'm still in the running...

Thanks for all the replies! I'm keeping my fingers crossed now.

Honestly I think the 4th's OPK is close enough to being dark to class as a positive. I think it would be so easy to miss the surge and if you only tested once that day then definitely easily missed. I would take today as O day

I say 4th too. Are you temping as that would confirm it in a few days

Not temping but now I'm better at reading OPKs I guess. Hopefully it would be my month.

I think the test on the 4th looks positive... Which would mean you O on the 5th. You DTD on the 5th which definately means your in the running! Good luck x

I would love a Xmas surprise too! Using a clearblue fertility monitor this month, on my second day of flashing smiley face, waiting for my solid smiley and my peak:) hoping this will be easier to read than the strip ICS, last cycle I had a line that was just darker on the control on one side of the test line! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->