Ttc number 3 :)

Hello ladies! :)

How are you all doing? I wish I understood those charts! I've never charted before so, I'm absolutely lost. No idea what the temps mean. Anyone care to explain? I understand temp peaks at ovulation and then drops, right? And then what? :huh:

AFM, nothing new. Waiting for first trimester screening on Dec 8. Nausea got better. Food aversions still very much ongoing. I don't think I can ever even look at pasta again! Yucks! But BOY DO I CRAVE MCD's FRIES AND FISH BURGER! I could eat it all day every. single. day!!! Seriously.. WTH?!?

Other than that I kinda feel like I'm stuck in a bad soap opera! Even though my PIL are living together they haven't talked to each other in over 2 years (literally not a single word). Reason being my MIL suspecting that my FIL is or was having an affair with another woman. My SIL and her kids are currently staying with my PIL as well. My SIL doesn't talk to her father either and locks herself up in her room all day. Her DD (4) started being very rude towards my FIL (in front of SIL) but my SIL never scolded or said anything at all to her DD. They're all generally rude towards FIL. In another incident, they were all invited for dinner at my BIL's place. Everyone knew FIL was invited as well. They left the house while FIL was switching off the lights and fan, got into a taxi and drove off without FIL. Those are just a couple of things that happened recently.
My MIL came back from a vacation yesterday and this morning my FIL smsed me saying that they had a huge quarrel yesterday and that he wants to "end this long overdue matter". So, I'm guessing they're finally getting a divorce? Don't know what else he could have meant by that.

And just for the record, I'm neutral. I'm on no one's side. I'm trying to stay out of their business as much as possible. I'm actually hoping they're at least going to separate. I'm so over having to listen to both of them saying bad things about each other behind each other's back. Does that make me a bad person?

Oculi, I'm glad you're feeling better.
What a soap opera! :dohh: I think you're doing the best thing possible - staying neutral. And try not to be bothered by it too much.

Gypsy, I'd like to kick your DH in his a... If he's on board, he should do something about it. You won't get pregnant by cuddling only...

AFM, 8 dpo, having the same dull ache as every month so AF is probably on its way. I'm thinking of taking clomid instead of femara next cycle. It helped me get pregnant twice already.
Otherwise, I'm really fine, I'm not obsessing too much, staying cool about TTC (but with meds and OPKs).

Oculi - woah ! That's crazy lol . At first when you said he may be having an affair I thought low of him but then as I kept reading I feel bad for the man ! No wonder he's having an affair ! Lol .. that's sad they left him while he was turning off the lights :( hope all of that works out for you and your family :hugs:

As for temping - basically when you are on your period and up through ovulation , your temps are low . Once you O they go up and stay up until either AF comes and they shoot back down or if your pregnant they stay up . That's the basics of it .. there are variations in everyone's temps . The app most of us use will out crosshairs on our charts when it detects O .. those are the red lines on the charts .. the horizontal one is the cover line .. that is your average pre O temp .. you want all of your post O temps to stay above that line . The vertical line is your O day . It usually detects it by the change in temps and your fertile signs such as opks , cm, etc .
Sometimes charts aren't so simple though and they can be very erratic , up and down , and it can be difficult to determine the O date or if it actually happened . Which brings me to ..

AFM- temp went back up today ! So I'm thinking what I had was fallback rise . I will have to see what the next couple of days temps bring but I'm happy for now :)

Gypsy - I'm sorry , I completely missed your post as it was on the previous page !
Looks like maybe I had fallback after all ! Guess we will see :)
I am SO sorry your dh is being that way . That can be very draining emotionally and wreak havoc on your relationship let alone ttc . My dh hasn't been his usual self either being touchy feely but I think it's because ttc takes away that spark .. as bad as it sounds .. he wants another baby and knows what we have to do to get one haha but when you are really trying and peeing on sticks and stuff it can really make things different .. so I personally am ready for a BFP so we can stop feeling like sex is just for the sole purpose of baby making lol .
We are all here for you though ! Lots of hugs being sent your way :hugs:
& thank you for the bit about your wisdoms .. I will have to look into that mouthwash or something similar ! After rinsing with salt water last night and taking the amoxicillin , the swelling has gone down and pain isn't as bad but still there a little bit . But can't complain :)

3dpo and I noticed sensitive burning nipples, even with just my shirt rubbing against them . Mainly my right one though . Weird lol

Thanks girls. We managed some last night. Fingers crossed we can manage the next 5-6 days. Yes it is very emotionally draining and we've talked about it numerous times. We still hug and kiss/ smack each others bums a lot. I think it's all about the sex drive to be honest.

Oculi your poor FIL. 2 years is a long time to not settle things!! Hoping it all ends peacefully.

Katy fingers crossed AF stays away but glad you have a positive outlook.

Cns might be your progesterone kicking in! The stuff that makes all the our symptoms happen for Af or BFP. Great stuff (insert sarcasm here).

cns: That's how I've been: tea or soda. Mostly soda, but I figured tea might be a bit better, at least in the transition. I bought flavored tea packets to get me to drink more. I increased my fluid intake, but not as much as I'd like. I got tired of them pretty fast and my consumption slowly dwindled. I just remembered the other day how much I used to love brewed tea, so I made some last night and am going to give that a try.

Not trying to lecture lol but please be careful with the antiobiotics! I used to do that myself but then over the last year learned more about why it's bad to do (basically it's how bacteria become antibiotic resistant and that's why it's so important to take your full prescription as prescribed and why it's bad to stop it early, etc). I just wanted to throw that out there as I used to do that myself and didn't know what the big deal was about taking your full script and whatnot. I hope you feel better though!

Glad to see your temps were up today! Hopefully FF will be giving you cross hairs soon!

Gypsy: I'm so sorry about DH :( That's really not right. Not at all. He needs to be up front and honest with you about this on what's going on in his head. If he wants to do it, he needs to do it. If his heart isn't in it, he needs to be up front as it's not fair to you and your emotions to be jerking you around like this. DH has pulled this with me many times before, so I get it. It's shattering. I just wish I had advise or something to make you feel better :hugs:

I'm glad you guys were able to last night :hugs:

Oculi: I'm glad that the nausea is getting better! You certainly don't need your in law's drama in your life! It sounds like a very stressful and sad situation all around. Pregnant or not, you don't need to deal with it at all. It doesn't make you a bad person at all!

Katy: What's the main difference between femara and clomid? Do you know why they switched you? I think I remember reading somewhere in here that you did a month of clomid and then switched to femara?

For me.... super irritable since yesterday evening. Still the same today. I even sent DH a text letting him know I'm in a foul mood. I figured it'd be kinder to give him a heads up :laugh2:

Temp 96.74. So maybe my hormones are hopefully leveling out? But I was curious and laid in bed taking my temps several more times. All of which went: 97.33, 97.45, 97.55, 97.44, 97.45, and 97.55. I still documented the first reading of 96.74.

I "un-discarded" my other temps as FF has now removed cross hairs with this morning's temp. I put in 97.33 just to see what it would do and it kept cross hairs at CD 8, but I kept my original 96.74 in there so they're gone again.

Since it's been a couple of days since BDing, I figured I'd have a better time determining cm. It seemed to be that weird mix between creamy and watery last night. This morning it was the same, but a tiny bit more in amount. I documented both days as creamy. I know FF says to document the most fertile that you think it is, but I'm scared to. I don't trust my assessment of it, and I'm afraid of it throwing my chart completely out of whack.

Checked cm again when I got home from class and it seemed watery, boardering ewcm. I brewed some tea yesterday. It was so good that I chugged almost 2 liters. Had more this morning, but my bladder needed a break lol but I really do think drinking more will help. I'm going to have some more later. I've been taking guaifenesin, but it hasn't done much, but I think it'll help with the increase in fluids.

Oh, and flashing smiley again this morning.

Spunky - i know .. I never take antibiotics out of Doctors orders & I always finish them . The only reason they gave me these ones over the summer was because I cut my hand and had to get a couple stitches so they were a preventative antibiotic to prevent infections . I don't like taking meds for no reason and to me , doctors over prescribing them is one of the biggest causes of resistant bacterias . So I didn't take them . I'm not gonna take anymore . Took one last night and this morning & im fine now . I know you're just looking out & I appreciate that :hugs: I'll go to the dentist if it happens again .

Gypsy - I'm glad you guys got to last night :) what do you thinks going on with him though? If it's sex drive maybe he should see the doctor ? How old is he ? & if it's something else then he needs to tell you so you can work on it together .. or not , depending what it is and what he wants to do . But to have you spinning your wheels like this isn't fair and certainly doesn't help you conceive when you are depressed or stressed in your personal life . Maybe if all else fails you should just back off him for a while and start doing things out and about with friends or alone and maybe he will start to see how it feels to be on the other end of the table . I'm not saying to do it out of spite , but try to stay positive and don't let him drag you down if he isn't wanting to help the situation .. maybe doing that will inadvertently help somehow :)
I think a lot of marriages hit this plateau and usually it takes some distance physically or emotionally to bring them back together & I pray you both come out stronger than ever after all this :hugs:

Katy: What's the main difference between femara and clomid? Do you know why they switched you? I think I remember reading somewhere in here that you did a month of clomid and then switched to femara?
Femara and clomid work similarly. They cause FSH to rise more than it would normally to stimulate egg release. They are usually used when you don't ovulate on your own. I ovulate regularly but I think my eggs are low quality (I have high FSH which is extremely bad news). I needed two years to get pregnant with my first and when I did, clomid helped me, lowest dose.
The difference between clomid and femara is that clomid thins uterine lining and can cause multiples. But it has worked for me in the past so I'll have to risk that.
I am taking these meds on my own.

Temp was down ever so slightly but still up there so I'm not worried ! 4dpo now :)

Temp up this morning: 97.24. Pretty certain I had some ewcm last night. BD afterwards.

5th day of flashing smiley. Not a hint of O coming any day soon based on IC. I'm thinking about taking an opk break. I'll need DH to hide them for me as I don't think I can do it alone :laugh2: It's just too disheartening to be on day 5 of flashing smileys and clearly very negative IC opks on top of wonky temps. I'll probably start up again around CD 36 (Dec 20) as I got my first positive opk on CD 37 last cycle.

Yesterday's ferning had me hoping I'd have full ferning today, but today's had absolutely nothing. Attached yesterdays scope.

I'll try to get back on here later to respond. I have get out of the house in the next 15 minutes. I need to take a nap when I get home as I can barely stay awake.

Hope everyone else well!

Attachments

• 20161201_115702_opt.jpg
    20161201_115702_opt.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 2
  • CD 16_opt.jpg
    CD 16_opt.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 2
Spunky - I wouldn't stop the ic's just yet . Like I said I think I had 6 flasher days before my positive . & ic's can go from super light to dark positive over night !

Sorry just a quick one. Managed another session last night!! We talked again about things so fingers crossed he stops being a jerk. Im ramping up for O. If it's like last time ill probably spike in a couple days. So need tonight until monday bding.... 4 more times wondwr if he can manage it...

Yay gypsy ! I'm very happy to hear that :)
How do you know you're ramping up to O?

cns: Is your gum feeling better today? Your temps are looking good. When do you think you'll start testing?

Katy: That's interesting! Are you able to get it OTC where you live? Hopefully clomid next cycle will help if AF shows.

Gypsy: Really glad you guys got another in and talked about things! Hope he's able to be in it for the next few days!

AFM, I think I figured out why I'm so tired. I forgot that Ovaboost has melatonin in it. :dohh: I'm moving Ovaboost to bedtime then. Or at least some time after dinner.

I know this is a TMI question, but how do you all determine if it's ewcm or if it's from BDing? I've read all about testing it on toilet paper and putting it in water, but it still doesn't seem to make deciphering it any easier. Like I'm pretty sure a small bit of ewcm today as it seems a bit different from what I've seen after BDing, so I'm thinking it is, but I'm just not 100% sure. I decided to chart it last night and today. It seems more ewcm than from what I remember after checking after BDing even just earlier in the cycle. It's seriously been so long since I've really had it that I don't even know lol

Spunky I feel myself up! lol I am learning the differences with my cervix before I O from the last couple of cycles. I have a slightly softer and open cervix, but my CM isn't quite right. I also get annoying pains and twinges for about a week. On top of that I've looked at my chart from last month and the temp drop I had was only a couple of days before O. Monday is CD13 which is when I thought I may have O'd last time. I'm hoping like hell I can get another BD in for Tuesday too. I'm trying to put in a lot of effort with DH so he isn't feeling so used / pressure.

With CM, I find it's very much the same as his stuff sometimes. It's so hard to tell. Sorry I can't help really.

Thanks CNS I don't know. I seriously don't understand why he hates having BD so much. He's been like this for over a year and we argue about it quite frequently.

Yay for being 4DPO the countdown!! I have all my fingers crossed for you.

We were talking about a nice massage / listen to music night tonight so looking forward to us paying attention to each other properly with no TV / electronic devices - (apart from the music obviously LOL). You'll find out if I was successful with another night tomorrow morning :p

Spunky, clomid and femare are not OTC. You can't even get clomid in my country, I had to get it from a neighbouring country (on prescription) 4 years ago. You can get femara here but its use in infertility is off label - it's normally prescribed to breast cancer patients.
This time I got both meds from friends. Taking meds that way isn't something I normally approve of but desperate times call for desperate measures...

How to distinguish ewcm from BDing... It's tricky. I can't tell really. But there's more of it when I'm Oing, also I get other symptoms - O pain, extra wetness while BDing, positive OPKs help a lot :winkwink:.

Spunky - for me , and maybe I'm just one of the lucky ones, there is no denying my ewcm . I am so sorry this is going to be tmi but ever since I was a teen and started my cycles I could tell when I was fertile . When I would use the bathroom , especially after a bm , ewcm would literally be hanging for my area and I would have to wipe . I didn't know what it was for a long time but now I do and it's still that way . It is literally like egg whites and pretty thick and should stretch a couple inches . It's almost jelly like . The first day I get it it is cloudy . The closer to o I get it becomes a little more thin and clear . For some it is so thin it is basically watery cm which is also considered fertile cm . For that I would suggest when you check your cp to analyze what comes out when your done lol. This is the site where nothing is too tmi right ?! Haha . I've seen ladies even post their cm for others to help determine lol . So feel free !
& to answer your question, I plan to start testing Wednesday the 7th .. if I can hold out that long . Lol. I will be 10dpo.
Gypsy - ah, that sounds amazing . I may have to even recommend that to my dh . A night with no electronics and just us would be awesome . But then there's kids lol. Guess we can always send them to grandmas ! Haha

We haven't gotten there yet lol. We were watching Planet Earth 2 with the children. He has his assignments due on Sunday morning so has been a bit stressed. I'm trying to seduce him once he's finished lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->