• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TTC/Pregnancy while Breastfeeding and Tandem Nursing: Information and Support

:hugs: No advice as my ms with Alex was so bad I ended up in hospital :(. Have you been to your doctor? Could they give you ranitidine? I've heard vitamin B helps too.

Oh no! That must have been awful...hope it doesn't get that bad! Not been to drs as today is the first day it's been this bad but if it continues like this I will have to go. Is ranitidine an anti sickness??

It reduces the acid in your stomach. They'll probably try a couple other tablets first. It was sort of a last resort for me. I lost two stone my first trimester :wacko:

2 stone!?! My word...you must have felt terrible!
Fingers crossed today's a one off and it doesn't get that bad - don't think I could cope with that :( I've just been sick again which makes it 7 times since 7am :(

Eeeeek :( I couldn't even keep water down mine was that bad. Fingers crossed it gets better :hugs:

:hugs: heaven :hugs: Hopefully you get the answers you need.

LittleMissV: here are some things I have heard help MS: ginger, peppermint, kelp, B6, slippery elm bark, and eating beans. These remedies either reduce nausea or reduce stomach acid. HTH! :flower:

Congrats on the BFPs!!! H&H 9 months!

Question for you ladies:

When do you get sore nipples? I've been having nipple soreness for about a week. I;ve had cramps, bloating, and increased cm the last few days too. We are ttc, but I have had no postpartum AF yet. I've tested and BFN. Do you get any of these symptoms around AF time? Or ov time? Or only when pregnant? I was hopeful I was pregnant, but the BFNs make me think otherwise. Maybe my body is finally gearing up to get AF and ovulate again?

Thanks

Hello everyone - this is my 1st post here -:flower:
Spunky I have the same thing happening too ..... and I am very confused by it. If I was a gambler, I would bet $100 that I am pregnant but the tests keep coming up negetive.:bfn: :dohh: I have never had AF either, and have been off my birth control since the 1st part of Feb. They were the no hormone ones that had to be taken at the same time everyday, and for the last 2 weeks that I took them, I was really bad about taking them at the same time and I'm wondering if I had gotten pg then. I have all the same symptoms that I did when I was in 1st tri before.....

sheep - I called my doc cause I have felt sooooo bad the last few days (I was up trying not to throw up at 2 this morning for an hour and a half) and he told me my body was gearing up to ovulate. I was like, gee, thanks, sure it is. 3 hours later I got my first opk+ (haven't had one since I've been testing the last few months). Maybe he was right? I would have bet more than $100 I was pregnant and $50 it was AF coming, never would have thought ovulation.

Best of Luck. I'm gonna get my :sex: on!

gah, the tenderness when nursing has kicked in, any ideas how long it lasts?

spunky - often when I ov I got horrible mood swings, used to joke about it being counterproductive to ttc! Our bodies can be weird sometimes!

gah, the tenderness when nursing has kicked in, any ideas how long it lasts?

spunky - often when I ov I got horrible mood swings, used to joke about it being counterproductive to ttc! Our bodies can be weird sometimes!

I'd like to know as well because it kills me every time my baby latches... :shrug:

There's no one answer, just as every pregnancy is different, it varies when and even if the nipple tenderness disappears.

Spunky - I had the same as you, a couple of days of horrible cramps. I wonderered if AF was returning but then got a positive OPK, followed 2 weeks later by my 1st PP AF. :thumbup: I'd never noticed ov pains before, though I'd been on the BCP for years until about 3-4 months before TTC dd. :flower:

Good luck! :flower:

Hi gals. First time posting here. I am a mummy to a wonderful 14 month ds and just founf out we are expecting #2 in ealry November. I fully intend to nurse throughout pregnancy and tandem nurse afterwards. It will be nice to have some support here and get to know you all:flower:

:wave: Welcome! I highly suggest Adventures in Tandem Nursing that's linked on the first page. :) I've been reading it and it's wonderful :)

Hellooo!!

Been kindly directed to this thread which was exactly what I was looking for!

I have a 7.5 month old - still BF and just had my coil taken out to TTC again!

It took us over a year to conceive Hayden so we thought we will start now but would be happy if it happened now or in a year!

I was just stuck on how to know when I am ovulating as I have no periods!! :happydance:

So I will catch up on this thread from the start and see what I can do and hopefully go a long with you girls TTC :)) xx

hey, we're TTC #2 and I'm still BFing my gorgeous wee 16mth old, I am really owrried about how pregnancy will affect our nursing relationship. I expect I shall have lots of questions once we get our BFP :) x x x

Hello to the new ladies, and good luck to those TTC!

I'm having a bit of a quandary. I woke up this morning with a red patch on my breast and a deep ache inside it. Looks like I've got a blocked duct, although that seems odd considering I've not got much milk. Anyway, nursing seems to improve it far better than hot flannels and massage. I want to encourage her to nurse, but then considering I've been cutting her back due to the aversion I get, that might be too confusing. Any thoughts?

Edit: Just thinking. Maybe it isn't a blocked duct at all, but just some pregnancy changes. Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Hey :)
Sorry Tacey I have no suggestions.
My lo has dramatically cut down feeds in the past week - to about half what she was and i am sure she is just comfort sucking some of the time now rather than feeding :( I hope she doesnt completely ween as i was so looking forward to a tandem feeding journey :(
xxx

Hello to the new ladies, and good luck to those TTC!

I'm having a bit of a quandary. I woke up this morning with a red patch on my breast and a deep ache inside it. Looks like I've got a blocked duct, although that seems odd considering I've not got much milk. Anyway, nursing seems to improve it far better than hot flannels and massage. I want to encourage her to nurse, but then considering I've been cutting her back due to the aversion I get, that might be too confusing. Any thoughts?

Edit: Just thinking. Maybe it isn't a blocked duct at all, but just some pregnancy changes. Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Hi Tacey, maybe see how it is tomorrow and if no worse, then see how it is the next day.......if it doesn't improve perhaps your LLL may be able to help with some knowledge and advice?

I am soooooooo hungry lately. DD has had a cold for a week and has upped her feeds to every time DS feeds. I'm meant to be doing WW, but my appetite is much higher than the points I'm allowed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->