• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TTC/Pregnancy while Breastfeeding and Tandem Nursing: Information and Support

I am starving all the time as well! I seem to be eating 24/7!

Starving here too, eating all the time, and I just weighed myself today. I've lost 7 lbs in the last 2 weeks :dohh: Doesn't make any sense with how much I'm eating.

Celesse, do they give you extra points to account for the breastfeeding/ tandem nursing?

Tacey, does your red patch hurt like a blocked duct would? Is it still there?

C, I totally feel you on being hungry all the time. I've started WW, too, but DK has been sick and nursing a LOT more. I'm so hungry! Even with the extra points allowed for nursing (which answers SP's question.) However, there wasn't a tandem nursing option I saw, so if I were you, I'd give myself an extra few points per day to allow for that. I'm pretty certain you can adjust your points to your own target. Plus, there are always zero points options -- a lot of fruit and veg are zero points.

Good news from me (at last!) Firstly, the blockage seems to have gone. No more redness or pain. Hooray!

Even more excitingly, I think I'm getting the aversion under control a bit more, at least for the first 15 minutes or so. I've been working on visualisation to help when in labour, and I've been practising while nursing. It's really helping. Just as well really, as she's nursing at least 6 times a day at the moment. Hope that starts to tail off once the baby comes.

Celesse - you're definitely not alone on the eating front. I'm constantly ravenous! Unfortunately, my go to snack seems to be biscuits at the moment. I don't think I'd manage WW too well!

Spunky - I had the same as you, a couple of days of horrible cramps. I wonderered if AF was returning but then got a positive OPK, followed 2 weeks later by my 1st PP AF. :thumbup: I'd never noticed ov pains before, though I'd been on the BCP for years until about 3-4 months before TTC dd. :flower:

Good luck! :flower:

Span - XJessicaX sends her love.

I had never noticed ov pains before either. So far I'm 3dpo and in 2ww!

Celesse, do they give you extra points to account for the breastfeeding/ tandem nursing?

I'm doing it online, so its auto calculated my points and given me points for exclusively breastfeeding 1 child, which I believe is 14 points. DD is currently feeding EVERY time the baby feeds apart from night feeds, (he cries, she gets herself sat down on the feeding sofa going "boobie, boobie!!")

Spunky - I had the same as you, a couple of days of horrible cramps. I wonderered if AF was returning but then got a positive OPK, followed 2 weeks later by my 1st PP AF. :thumbup: I'd never noticed ov pains before, though I'd been on the BCP for years until about 3-4 months before TTC dd. :flower:

Good luck! :flower:

Span - XJessicaX sends her love.

I had never noticed ov pains before either. So far I'm 3dpo and in 2ww!

Hope she's well - send some love back from me. :flower:

Good luck with your 2ww! :thumbup:

I'm CD15 and think I might be ov'ing? Sl crampy on one side, CM has gone from sticky to wet and my temp suddenly rose this morning after dropping. OPK's still a shade off positive though and it's my 1st proper month of temping. :shrug:

Question to you ladies who got your BFP's while BFing? I am in my two week wait (and obsessing a bit) and LO is feeding constantly, I'm so sore!!!! She's been up about 8 times a night feeding for the last few days, and I'm completely shattered.

So I was wondering what happened to your supply when you first got preggy??

Question to you ladies who got your BFP's while BFing? I am in my two week wait (and obsessing a bit) and LO is feeding constantly, I'm so sore!!!! She's been up about 8 times a night feeding for the last few days, and I'm completely shattered.

So I was wondering what happened to your supply when you first got preggy??
mine really dipped at the start, improved at about 7/8 wks, the night before I got my bfp C was latched on almost constantly!

Thanks for the reply! I normally get a slight dip before AF, but not like this!! it's half past midnight here and I've given in and given her a bottle (cows milk), I NEVER do this but I need to sleep!! I figure 8 feeds already tonight should be enough to keep my supply up :)

I always dip the first couple of days before AF and the first few days of AF so I can't count on that being an indication of pregnancy. Everyone is different though! I hope you get your :bfp: :dust:

we've given a few bottles of formula, I hate it but my supply has never been fantastic (rocky start to bfing). He's having less formula now though :)

We gave one tiny bit of formula when she was brand new, and once she turned a year we started giving cows milk for her lunch feed as she's in daycare 3 days a week while I work and I'd had enough of expressing! She's on bottle no 3 right now!!! I have no idea where she's putting it all. I need to sleep!!

Ozzieshoney: I'm pretty sure I won't get a BFP this month, but AF isn't due until Firday and I don't normally get a supply dip until a day before and the first day of AF, so was just kinda interested! Symptom spotting is driving me crazy! I should stop!!

This time 2 years ago, at 3 days old, DD finally latched on and breastfed for the first time. So I guess that's the 2 year milestone for us!:happydance:

:happydance: Congrats, Celesse!!!

I also had a dip in supply early in pregnancy, but I don't recall it coming before my bfp. I wasn't TTC, though, so I wasn't really tuned into that stuff. :shrug: If I had to guess, I'd say my noticable dip was right about 5 weeks pg, give or take a tad. I also always get a dip right about the start of AF, give or take a day. And sometimes I get a dip at ovulation, too.

I seem to have mastitis in my right boob. Pain in boob, feeling generally unwell and a bit of a temperature.

DD is currently feeding almost every time DS feeds so during the day my right boob is the baby boob, and at night both boobs are baby boob. I feel like I'm feeding too much for things to get clogged up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->