TTC/Pregnancy while Breastfeeding and Tandem Nursing: Information and Support

Ahhh... my BnB BFing moms/mums. Your kind words mean so much. :hugs:

This will be in Time Magazine :)

https://timethemoment.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/3_attachment_parenting_time_050612_45588_f.jpg?w=367

Power to the tandem nursers! :happydance:

This will be in Time Magazine :)

https://timethemoment.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/3_attachment_parenting_time_050612_45588_f.jpg?w=367

Power to the tandem nursers! :happydance:

More on it here too. Wonder how it will go down!

Hi
Not really sure where to post this, but as I'm TTC and BFing my 18month old I guuess here is a good place!!
My supply has gone funny. My boobs are massive all the time and I have HEAPS of milk. LO popped of the breast a few times this evening and made a funny face as if her milk tasted funny, then said yum yum and went back on again. Boobs are both sore and nipples are sensitive. Weirdest of all is I have leaked overnight for the last 2 nights for the first time since LO was about 3months old.
Our feeding habits haven't changed, no changes to the way I eat or anything like that.
This cycle I honestly though I was pregnant, had loads of symptoms, and they haven't stopped since AF arrived on Thursday. As AF is lighter than normal I'm going to test in the morning, but am expecting BFN.

Any idea what could have caused this? I am quite uncomfortable, bra isn't fitting and don't want to leak at night!!!!

It could be very possible that you are pregnant :happydance: Mine always dips before my AF. I'm 7 days late just now, but still testing :bfn: :(

well, I leaked more last night. loads more :(
Tested this morning and very faint BFP (hubby saw it too) so either pregnancy is just settling in or going away. (or maybe I tested wrong)? so confused!!! but have lots of milk which is nice for my toddler :)

Not sure, but mine has gone up and down through my cycles and came back in a lot more right after my recent early mc, now it's gone back down again as LO is on a nursing strike lol!

What a beautiful photograph Ozzie!

Iow_bird, my supply definitely increased when I was first pregnant... hope it's good news for you.

xxx

:bfn: and AF :( Booooooo! Means I'll have AF in California :( DH says we'll just have to get pregnant before then :rofl:

Aw sorry to hear that Ozzie. Fx it will b soon for you :hugs:

Hi ladies

I've not been on for a while as I have been busy with other stuff and the absent AF was starting to get me down but hay she has turned up after something like 12/13 weeks I'm sure my last was early Feb. Its not unknown or uncommon for my AF to be this irregular so I can't quiet decide if its to do with nursing or not.

Hoping my next cycle is a bit more normal and at least give me half a chance of catching a BFP.

Sorry to read about the losses hugs to you ladies.

Good luck tommyg!!

Well ladies, I'm glad to report that DD seems to be night weaned :happydance:
We're feeding to sleep at bout 9.30 and she's sleeping through til 6/7, nursing again and sleeping for another couple of hours. Bf agitation has all but gone as only seem to get it through the night, and we are still able to co-sleep which is lovely! Sooo chuffed- long may it continue!! She's feeding more during the day, but it's definitely a small price to pay! Yay for us!! Xxx

Well ladies, it seems nursing through pregnancy doesn't result in lower birth weight at least! Arthur George was born this morning at home weighing 10lbs 5oz. He had a bit of a hairy entry to the world due to shoulder dystocia. He's had a few decent feeds, but I'd like to see more. I've not attempted nursing both children at the same time yet, but Alice is as keen as ever to have her 'mukmee'. Should be an interesting few days and weeks ahead!

Congratulations Tacey! :happydance: What a weight! :baby::baby:

I had an early scan today. I'd been a bit naughty and been vague about my dates, blaming BFing for 'erratic cycles'. :blush:

Baby measures 6+2 and has a heartbeat. :cloud9: Lovely birthday pressie for my little girl, not that she is aware! :haha:

Awh Tacey!!!!!! Congratulations!! That's awesome news! Wow what a big boy! Good luck with your first double feed :happydance: xxx

Wow congrats Tacey, and what a weight!
And Span what a great idea, 'erratic cycles' lol
I'm started to worry that I wont get pregnant until after DS has weaned so it lovely being able to share your experiences with you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->