TTC/Pregnancy while Breastfeeding and Tandem Nursing: Information and Support

Okay so I am still breastfeeding my 21 month old and expecting my 2nd. I know before, I would get the sore breasts and all that. But given I am still breastfeeding, I have no idea what to expect this time. Will my breasts change at all? Will I still get engorgement after the baby is born? I'm so confused :p

Congrats Tacey!!!!!!! Looking forward to hearing about how the tandem feeding goes (and hopefully getting some tips!)
Tickledpink3 - congrats!! I had some engorgement in the early weeks at night, but this was brief, other than that my breasts have not yet changed in any other way, but this is just me - be interesting to hear what the other ladies have experienced :)
xx

Another BFN for me today! I really thought this was the month. I've been feeling very sick and tired on and off for a week or so :( Congratulations to all those who got their BFPs and baby dust to everyone else!
:dust:

:hugs: tommyg

Congrats Tacey! What a big boy! That's scary to me! How big was Alice when she was born? Sorry his entry was a little rough, but I hope things go smoothly from here on out!

Span - AWESOME about the early scan! I tried to fudge my dates too, but they only do one ultrasound between 8-10 weeks and my doc's SOONEST appt was this coming Wednesday! Been waiting since 3w6d (when I called!) I could have seen someone else earlier, but so excited to see the doc that delivered James again! Going to FINALLY bring her the birth announcement that she asked for last time, as well as a pic I got of her and James together at 4 months old. Neat about the heartbeat! Sorry I rambled. And Happy Birthday Megan!

:hugs: ourlittlebump, I'm sorry!

AFM - my morning sickness seems to be made so much worse by nursing. I have nothing against nursing, no agitation, very little nipple soreness. Been trying different positions and no matter how I nurse I seem to feel nauseous. BUT it has gotten better the last few days. I'm starting to be able to drink more water (was only drinking 2 glasses a day cause that made me feel bad as well). UGH! Think I might start enjoying pregnancy again soon.

Congrats on the baby! Wow! At home, you are wonder woman! I can't even manage to have one vaginally... Stupid flat pelvis... :-/

Great news on the scan, Span, and happy birthday to your little girl.

tickledpink3 - I had much the same soreness second time round as first. I also had agitation when nursing my toddler, but that eased towards the end of my pregnancy. My milk hasn't come in just yet (it had dwindled to pretty much nothing in pregnancy,) but I've been told to expect engorement. Something to look forward to!

:hugs: Ourlittlebump. I know how disappointing it is when you get your hopes up before a BFN. Hope next month is the one!

Spunky - Thank you. It was a bit scary at the end, but an otherwise amazing birth. Pushing his head out was a breeze. Just a shame he'd got in an awkward position! Quite a shock he was that weight as Alice was only 8lbs 7oz.

Arthur isn't nursing as often as I'd like, but when he does, I get major after pains. It's hard to grit my teeth and get through it. I've not attempted nursing them both together yet, even though Alice keeps asking to. I think we'll save that until my milk comes in. Here's my not so little boy:

https://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy111/laylatacey/IMAG0279-Copy.jpg

Congrats tacey! X

Congrats on the great scan span! X

Congratulations Tacey, wow, he is half a pound bigger than my 3 1/2 month old is NOW!!! What a big, gorgeous boy x

Another update from me. I can officially say tandem nursing doesn't seem to stop engorgement. OW! It's worse than last time. I haven't got a bra anywhere big enough to put these in... On the upside, Alice is quite useful at draining them a bit, but I am concerned I'm going to end up with huge oversupply, or mastitis, especially as I was hoping to cut her down to morning and evening in a couple of weeks.

I nursed them both at the same time on a few occasions yesterday, and I'm happy to report I LOVED IT! Even nursing Alice. The agitation appears to have gone completely and I cold actually feel all that lovely oxytocin boosting my mood. I know this isn't always the case for tandem nursers, so I'm counting myself very lucky.

Abigail feeds a LOT more now than when I was pregnant. We were on 3 feeds a day during pregnancy, at one point we were all the way down to 1 feed a day. Now she can match the baby feed for feed some days, and some days she isn't interested at all. As soon as she sees the baby feeding she wants to join in.

Tacey thats great that you loved feeding them together, I'm sure if you gradually got her back down to 2 feeds a day then there shouldnt be a problem

Congrats on the tandem nursing Tacey! What a handsome boy and a great name! Congrats! That is quite a big jump from 8ls7oz! Must have been such a shock!

AFM - Scan for me on Wednesday so excited and nervous!

ladies i'm not tandem nursing yet but this seemed to be the best place to ask.

i'm 7+4 weeks pregnant and for about 2 weeks now my nipples have been crazy sore! having Eva feed is excruciating!!!!! how much longer will this last? do you ladies remember that far back? to your first tri?

Congrats Betheney! Was so excited to see that you had gotten pregnant! :hugs:

Nipple soreness for me was only a bit weeks 4-6. Haven't really had much since. Now it's been I get nauseous while he nurses or after he nurses. Hope it goes soon for you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->