TTC/Pregnancy while Breastfeeding and Tandem Nursing: Information and Support

aww congratulations Tracey!

And congratulations to Bethany too, happy healthy 9 months!

Thanks for the congratulations ladies :) it's very nice of you when i didn't even come on here to announce the pregnancy. So thanks!!!

Hopefully the nipple soreness ends soon then. I think the right is worst than the left because she seems to be letting one side of the nipple rub against her top teeth, i've tried putting more of the nipple in her mouth but she just won't let me.

My worst nausea is late at night which is probably from her night time feed.

Congrats Tacey you are inspiring! Hello Betheney! Nursing is still painful at best for me. I'm pretty sure my supply has decreased drastically. I've tried hand expressing to make sure there is still some but it doesn't squirt anymore :cry: but there is still some there. It looks more rich now too. I hope my supply doesn't go. I really want to make it to at least 2 with ds.

oh haiiiii Lal

last night Eva fed for like 5 minutes on one side and when it got too painful i took her off and i thought well if a lot still squirts out then i'll keep feeding her knowing she might not of gotten enough... NOT A SINGLE DROP!!!! i couldn't get anything out at all. So i hope she got something. I did take it out this morning and just gave a little squeeze to see what would happen.... got myself in the eye.

thought you'd like that one :winkwink: i sure giggled for a good couple of minutes afterwards.

Hi ladies! :hi:

I think I'll come join you here. Just gave birth to my second son last Friday and am officially a tandem nurser! It has been intense at times when my toddler has more or less demanded milk while my baby is busy nursing but also some of the best moments have come while nursing both at the same time. My older boy seems to notice his younger brother more when they are both with me and likes to hold his hand. :cry: SO sweet. Anywho, I also nurse my toddler by himself in the morning when he wakes up and comes to our bed as well as just before bed when he needs a little extra TLC from mommy.

Toddler seems to be in heaven now that my milk is back in. He drains a breast in no time. I've wondered a bit what to do when baby begins to drain one breast and want the other... the one that was just drained. How long does it take to "refill" so to speak?

ladies i'm not tandem nursing yet but this seemed to be the best place to ask.

i'm 7+4 weeks pregnant and for about 2 weeks now my nipples have been crazy sore! having Eva feed is excruciating!!!!! how much longer will this last? do you ladies remember that far back? to your first tri?

I don't recall sore nipples in the beginning but I started getting sore nipples (hormonal since they weren't cracked or anything visible) toward the third trimester which lasted until birth. That went away and now I'm a bit sore from the newborn nursing so much more often than my toddler was. I can def say I am very happy I didn't stop nursing between kids since it would have been even more uncomfortable!

Well ladies, it seems nursing through pregnancy doesn't result in lower birth weight at least! Arthur George was born this morning at home weighing 10lbs 5oz. He had a bit of a hairy entry to the world due to shoulder dystocia. He's had a few decent feeds, but I'd like to see more. I've not attempted nursing both children at the same time yet, but Alice is as keen as ever to have her 'mukmee'. Should be an interesting few days and weeks ahead!

Congrats! Our boys were born on the same day! Emery Eemil was born at 10:52am (here in Finland GMT+2). :flower:

I was told that your breast never really stops producing milk as long as the baby is actively sucking :flower:

Boring old 7dpo here, so close to test day, but seems soooo far away! Symptoms are good so far, but I don't think I'll be lucky enough to conceive again so soon (non sticky bfp last cycle) I can hope though!
How are you doing ozzie?

Is anyone else ttc or are you all pregnant now? Lol!

In my fertile days. Taking a break though cause I wanna drink on our holiday :haha:

I'm still here ttc.
Will be 2 years in July but will only be a year since my periods returned in August so I guess I can't be too impatient LOL
Getting a little fed up with comments about how I should stop nursing to get pregnant. I'm ovulating and having mostly regular cycles (last 2 have been a bit off but up till then they were regular) so I don't see how nursing would be the problem

my supply is nearly ZILCH!!! she feeds for a couple of minutes and i can't see any swallowing and when she's finished i give it a little squeeze and absolutely nothing comes out. If i wait over night and squeeze in the morning i get some but that's about it... Is there anything i can do???

my supply is nearly ZILCH!!! she feeds for a couple of minutes and i can't see any swallowing and when she's finished i give it a little squeeze and absolutely nothing comes out. If i wait over night and squeeze in the morning i get some but that's about it... Is there anything i can do???

You can do all the usual - lots of water, perhaps oats, lots of feeding or expressing. To be honest though, I tried to increase supply, but ended up dry nursing for a few months in the middle.

You can do all the usual - lots of water, perhaps oats, lots of feeding or expressing. To be honest though, I tried to increase supply, but ended up dry nursing for a few months in the middle.

i wondered about milk thistle but read somewhere you have to be careful about meds that make your liver dump toxins into your blood stream :-/ tbh she's obsessed with breastfeeding at the moment! she just LOVES my boobs. So if she's happy to dry nurse i guess we'll do that but if she starts to not enjoy herself because she's not getting anything i guess we'll stop... it's really whatever makes her happy.

I should try more water tho, i already don't drink enough for a pregnant woman. I was unaware eating oats help tho! do you know why? I'm not expressing, i have a manual pump and i hate it. I plan on buying a good electronic one when no.2 is born.

In my fertile days. Taking a break though cause I wanna drink on our holiday :haha:

Oh, ha ha! Good plan! Bet you fall pregnant now anyway pmsl :haha:

I'm still here ttc.
Will be 2 years in July but will only be a year since my periods returned in August so I guess I can't be too impatient LOL
Getting a little fed up with comments about how I should stop nursing to get pregnant. I'm ovulating and having mostly regular cycles (last 2 have been a bit off but up till then they were regular) so I don't see how nursing would be the problem

Hi hun, sorry it's taking a while. Took a long time for me to get my first, so I can relate to that! Hope you get your BFP soon!

dan-o, you're probably right. I've had to keep DH off of me because I'm supposedly ovulating right now. I've pawned him off with a story about how I'm sore :haha:

i wondered about milk thistle but read somewhere you have to be careful about meds that make your liver dump toxins into your blood stream :-/ tbh she's obsessed with breastfeeding at the moment! she just LOVES my boobs. So if she's happy to dry nurse i guess we'll do that but if she starts to not enjoy herself because she's not getting anything i guess we'll stop... it's really whatever makes her happy.

I should try more water tho, i already don't drink enough for a pregnant woman. I was unaware eating oats help tho! do you know why? I'm not expressing, i have a manual pump and i hate it. I plan on buying a good electronic one when no.2 is born.

Not a clue! I don't know if it's an old wives' tale, but it seems to boost my supply. I had to give up eating muesli last time as it seemed to make me engorged! worth a try though. I was surprised that despite having virtually no milk for months, Alice was still very keen to nurse. You might have to watch out for increased hunger though - it seemed as if Alice never stopped snacking. Now my milk is back, she's not as hungry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->