TTC/Pregnancy while Breastfeeding and Tandem Nursing: Information and Support

So we're pretty sure I'm pregnant. I'm really upset though as my little one is very reliant on breast milk. I have no intentions of stopping and will push myself through any pain because I'm really stubborn. Would love to tandem feed too.

What's the likelihood of my milk supply dropping? The idea of my milk drying up is primarily what's preventing me from being happy and excited.

Think I'm joining in, not really sure as we weren't planning on trying for another until march when lily will be 18 months, but last month and now this month we slipped up, though this month I jokingly told the hubby to keep away as I'm ov'ing, he jumped on me! :shrug: so bit confused as he still says we're not trying for another......:wacko:

Anyway, last month I was rather gutted to find that my lp was only 7 days, shortest one since my cycles restarted at 10 months pp, not sure why that was as lily wasn't feeding anymore than normal. I'm now taking high dose b-vits and agnus castus, but don't hold out much hope this month as lily is teething so feeding more.

Lily still doesn't eat much solid food, so still feeds fairly frequently during the day and feeds loads at night, so overall I think my chances are pretty slim, but we'll see. Any one have experience of a frequent feeder and managing to conceive?

I personally did have success taking high dose b6 and vitamin b complex even though my son was still feeding frequently, my LP was a mere 5 days, first month I took the b6 it was extended to 10 or 11 days the next month I conceived not entirely sure of my LP that cycle as I wasn't bothering with temping and I had two positive OPKs a few days apart but it was at least 10 days possibly up to 13 xx

One year Tandem Nursing!!! DS's birthday was yesterday but he was born in the evening and I only fed him on the 20th. On the 21st I got to feed both of them!!

One year Tandem Nursing!!! DS's birthday was yesterday but he was born in the evening and I only fed him on the 20th. On the 21st I got to feed both of them!!

Woohoo! Congratulations! And thank you too for the help you gave me when I was pregnant and then starting to tandem feed. :hugs:

congrats celesse!!!!

summer rain- did you take those b vits from o to af or all month long? i may have just o'ed and i have had low progesterone in the past so im thinking if i did i might have a lpd again from bfing.

I'm just wondering if any of you have any advice, I am currently feeding my 15 month old ( nearly 16 months!!) and I want to ttc number 2! But I am still feeding constantly through the night and it took awhile to have a successful pregnancy ( I lost 2 before him!) and I have kinda come to the conclusion that I will not feed through pregnancy, I know there is no proof that it has any risk of mc, but I think because of what my body went through I don't want to put any extra pressure on myself with feeding through it... Here is where I am stuck , I am feeling so guilty at the thought of night weaning, we said we would ttc in dec but I wasn't ready to stop feeding so I pushed it to march, but we discussed it and I said I would night wean now to give my body a rest - my son wakes hourly and I work so I have been quite run down lately and on anti b's for the guts of a month trying to get rid of this bad sinus infection I got , so my dh just wants me to give my body a break to give us the best chance to concieve and have a successful pregnancy...... But how do you get over the guilt of weaning?

Congratulations celesse!!!
Can I ask-did you have any b'fing aversion towards your eldest? I am still suffering from this 6 months in :(
X

I started getting nursing aversion towards DD when DS was around 4 months. It went away when I moved her to 2 feeds a day (around 6 months I think). But recently its back again. If I'm feeding them both I have an overwhelming urge to unlatch DD.

Its much worse if she gets into bed for her morning nursing session and DS has been nursing/comfort sucking for a few hours. I can tell I get a rush of hormones as DS will suddenly start sucking more in his sleeps as the let down triggers more milk for him. I'm generally ok if I nurse DD alone and for short periods of time.

Thanks celesse, it's good to know I'm not alone with my feelings and that its probably hormonal. Makes me feel like a horrible mum though :(

Congrats Celesse!

I have my scan tomorrow and I'm terrified! If everything's okay, that would be an amazing Christmas pressie though! I wonder if I'll sleep tonight!

Congrats Celesse!

I have my scan tomorrow and I'm terrified! If everything's okay, that would be an amazing Christmas pressie though! I wonder if I'll sleep tonight!

Good luck for tomorrow :thumbup:

Well I'm 3 dpo, I'm feeling very pms like, I reckon af will be here tomorrow or tues, obviously not happy with that stupidly short lp, this is despite high dose b-vits! I might take some extra b6 next cycle to see if that'll help.

What dose of b6 are you taking? I was taking 50-60mg daily but some women need to take up to 200, which can have negative implications if done for a long period but should be ok as a temporary measure xx

congrats celesse!!!!

summer rain- did you take those b vits from o to af or all month long? i may have just o'ed and i have had low progesterone in the past so im thinking if i did i might have a lpd again from bfing.

I read into it and decided it best based on the evidence to take them for the whole cycle xx

hey guys i'm EBF and i got my first period at 7 weeks post partum and have not had another one since i'm almost 13 weeks pp. we plan on TTC in march, and i am just wanted to know how ofen your first few periods came. i'm hopping mine will start to coome back soon for when we TTC.

hey guys i'm EBF and i got my first period at 7 weeks post partum and have not had another one since i'm almost 13 weeks pp. we plan on TTC in march, and i am just wanted to know how ofen your first few periods came. i'm hopping mine will start to coome back soon for when we TTC.

I got my first period when my son was 7 months old, my second was 47 days later and my third 42 days. After that it's being almost regular 27-29 days. My cycles are a bit longer than before though. I used to have a 25-26 days cycle.

So I've had my scan this morning! Possibly the best Christmas present I've ever had! I'm 13 weeks and have a very healthy and active baby! I'm now due one day after Sophies second birthday! Not sure how we managed that ;)!

I've not had my period yet and am pregnant!

What dose of b6 are you taking? I was taking 50-60mg daily but some women need to take up to 200, which can have negative implications if done for a long period but should be ok as a temporary measure xx

I'm taking 100mg, though when the pms symptoms started I uped to 150mg.

When I took b-vits to conceive lily I started at 100mg to try and lengthen my 11 day lp with spotting from 9dpo, that wasn't enough so uped it to 150mg and my lp went to 13 days with no spotting or pms, so perhaps it just that 150mg is what works best for me. :shrug:

So I've had my scan this morning! Possibly the best Christmas present I've ever had! I'm 13 weeks and have a very healthy and active baby! I'm now due one day after Sophies second birthday! Not sure how we managed that ;)!

Congratulations :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"