• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TTC/Pregnancy while Breastfeeding and Tandem Nursing: Information and Support

We only :sex: twice around O time. If I'm not, we might have to stop TTC for money reasons, but DH said we can keep going if I want :)

When I got pg with DK we only DTD once that entire cycle -- and I didn't o for another 2-3 days.

:smug: You're still in.

That's a tough decision. Money always seems to work itself out in the long run. But, goodness, it can cause a lot of stress in the interim. :wacko:

Ooh hope the cramps are a good sign! :thumbup:

We only :sex: once unprotected (condom failure!) and I got pregnant so I'd say twice knowing when you were ov'ing is perfect! :thumbup:

Thanks!

Yeah, TL, it's hellish right now. You know the story though :hugs: I just have to keep remembering, money will always be there to be made, but I could never get back Alex's first birthday with my family.

Amazing thread! Love it:) Shows me that we r superwomen;)

Exciting! Will check in the morning!

Got my 12 week scan tomorrow am so nervous! Fx baby is snuggled up tight :)

:( AF :( Oh well. May just hold off so I can get my tattoo in June :)

I took my test yesterday-Neg. though. We haven't had AF yet though too early after delivery...

TigerLady, how long did you have thrush for? We are dealing with that right now...

I think it lasted for about 5 weeks. :wacko: But it was probably 2-3 weeks into it before I really figured out that was probably what is was and got serious about trying to fix it. I looked into meds first, but apparently I couldn't be prescribed anything because I was pg. So, I took acidopholus everyday and had Otter eat probiotic yogurt everyday. It was better within 1-2 weeks of that. :thumbup:

Hi Ladies!

I am here to join you! I am a mother to a sweet 10.5 old daughter who is breastfed. My DH and I are both anxious to give her a sister or brother!

I have not had a PP AF, but I have been taking Vitex for a few weeks and 10 to 11 days ago I had just enough EWCM (after having essentially no CM for ages) to give me hope that fertility may return without having to completely wean DH. Never wanted AF so badly!

We aren't TTC but I have a rather (maybe) stupid question. I thought any nipple stimulation, including using a breast pump, could stimulate labour. Obviously loads of women breastfeed and are pregnant, so how does it not stimulate uterine contractions??

Ok, I just read the section about this in Adventures in Tandem Nursing. From my understanding, the contractions stem from the oxytocin that is released when you breastfeed (or have nipple stimulation), however, the progesterone that is also released during pregnancy is actually a very good blocker of oxytocin. Also, if the oxytocin levels get too high, the uterus adapts by making the oxytocin receptors smaller and less susceptible to the hormone.

Much of the fears arise because of an exaggerated idea of how much oxytocin is actually released. Remember, most pregnant women will experience contractions during pregnancy (Braxton-Hicks). Also, there was a study done in California of 57 women that BF'd during pregnancy. Only 7% (four women) experienced contractions. Also, according to the author, she surveyed 200 women and none of them experienced preterm labour and few remember having contractions while BFing.

Hope that helps :flower:

Hi ladies. We are ntnp ( well I told dh that I wasn't taking anything and we haven't been using anything so to me thats an agreement :) ). I haven't had a pp af yet but am very interested in learning about tandem nursing :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->