TTC soon? Within 3 months or so?

confuzion

Mommy to Zinny at last!
Reaction score
I had a rough go of TTC#1 but we finally got our rainbow August 2015. Now we're talking about TTC#2 in December, wondering if anyone else only has a few months left to wait?

I'll be ttc #2 with my cycle predicted to start the end of December!

My daughter is also a rainbow and was due August 2015!

Wow seems we're so similar! Our girls are so close in age. My daughter was 7lb6oz and 19 in lol so similar birth stats too (only Z was born 3 weeks early at 37 weeks exactly). I'm also 27 (turning 28 in December).

Trying to lose some weight before December as well. I'm 12.5 lbs away from where I was when I got pregnant with Zinnia so hoping I'll at least be there by then.

Oh wow that's funny! I'll be 28 in April. I have 15lba left to lose, but in already 6lbs below my pre-pregnancy weight so very happy with that. I'm giving myself until after Halloween then I'm getting strict with the exercise again and the diet. I'll let myself be lazy and slack off until then haha. Though not too much or I'll have more weight to lose. We're closing on our new house soon so that'll be a good distraction to keep me busy!

Definitely house stuff will be a big distraction here as well. We're doing a lot of renovating before we move in. What's nice is we didn't have to sell to buy and we're only moving about 45 min away so we can stay here while work is being done there and take our time moving in when the time comes.

I'm definitely doing ok with diet (in fact my appetite is all but dead these days) but I need to be more strict about working out. I've already taken this week off---oops.

I feel like my mind is preoccupied with TTC. I hope I don't go crazy like the last time. Lol the plan is to be relaxed! No marathon BDs no temping no OPKs. My cycles are fairly short and predictable so that helps.
Though I imagine it's a little more complicated for you. Will you be using the same donor as for your daughter? Hope I'm not overstepping by asking.

Thankfully our new house is mostly move in ready. We want to cover the downstairs floor with mats and turn it into a playroom for DD, we have to paint and put in gates and such. But it's more or less ready. We live in a townhouse now that we rent and have been here over a year and a half so just have to give 30 days which we will do soon. Depends on when we are set to close. We've been given two different dates so I think we will give notice the 16th and either have a month to get the new place ready or two weeks. We will see.

I'm very focused on ttc as well. Oh saw my ovulation tests in the bathroom and thought I was already pregnant lol. But we use a donor so I'd have to have done all that myself which I definitely didn't do. When the time gets closer I'll make sure he is available. I told him a few months ago we were planning for January which is when we'd need donations from my cycle starting the end of December. I'm taking inositol to regulate my cycles as I have PCOS and don't ovulate on my own and I've had 3 regular cycles so as long as they stay regular I'm good to go.

We will be trying for a girl again. I call it a light sway as we can only control my side of things. We will be using the same donor, yes. You c an ask anything about it it doesn't bother me. I was on the fence about it as I know 2 other families that used him with little girls and they all have he same milk and soy issues and sleeping issues DD does. But I really want my kids to be full biological siblings. And we already have a relationship with him and know he's a great guy and has no issues surrendering his rights and there aren't any other donors around that we like. So just praying the next doesn't have the same issues.

16th sounds like a good plan. Gives you decent enough time either way.

That's too bad his kids seem to have these issues but it wouldn't be a deterrent for me either. You never know next child may not have it (FX she doesn't and FX she's a she ;)).

I find the idea of swaying really cool. It'll be interesting to see if it works. I feel like having either a boy or a girl would be nice for different reasons (my husband would probably be very pleased with a boy lol. Plus one of a each. But it would be really nice for Z to have a sister to grow up with) otherwise I would give it a go myself.

Yay for some regular cycles on inositol! I remember some other ladies on here mentioned taking it on here when I was trying before Zinny. How long have they been?

It definitely does. There isn't much we have to do before move in except DDs room, the playroom and baby proofing. Other stuff can be done while we're there. But we will do what we can before we move in. My parents neighbor does hvac and he and my dad are in a bromance so he's cleaning out the systems for free as long as my dad helps hehe. I've been babysitting this family with twin girls for 4 years and their dad is an electrician and said he would put in ceiling lights in the bedrooms and downstairs for free if we just pay for lights and supplies. My parents know a carpenter but not so close that he'd do stuff for free lol. But we have good connections.

Unfortunately I had these same issues as a baby except I was failure to thrive. I'm hoping getting it from both sides cancel each other out. I'm mostly okay with milk now except I was lactose intolerant for a couple years in my early 20s. I'm fine with soy. Though growing up I always had stomach pain so maybe it bugged me for longer. Not sure. We keep trying milk with her then stopping. I'm not sure if it bothers her or if she's just fussy haha. It does give her loose diapers for sure.

I definitely want Ashlyn to have a sister. I always wanted one. I feel it's always best to have 2 of the same gender. That being said after 2 girls I want my third to be a boy lol. That way Ashlyn has a sister. Though then I'll feel bad the boy won't have a brother but I don't want to have to get a van to cart around all my kids haha. I think if we go for a third I won't do any swaying and see what happens.

How many do you want?

My last 2 cycles have each been 32 days. Cycle before that was 35. That was my first cycle on it. Been ovulating cd18ish (I think I wasn't temping or doing OPKs or anything just going by symptoms) so nice long LPs. I've started temping and OPKs this cycle but temping isn't going well as if Ashlyn doesn't wake up early then I do. I have a horrible time sleeping unmedicated. And taking stuff makes me so tired all day so not sure which is best. And I drink a ton of water so my urine is always really diluted which makes it hard for the OPKs to detect the hormone so neither really work haha.

Wow you guys really do have a lot of connections! That's awesome.

My husband is going to be doing a lot of the work himself and that's the only way we can really save. We've talked to a lot of contractors and know which ones do the best work for the least amount so that helps too.

We are replacing all of the floors (4700 sq ft worth!) and making it all hardwood (although I'm debating on whether to make the family room carpet for baby's/babies' sake. An area rug may do. Updating all the bathrooms--4.5 (showers, tubs, tile so everything), kitchen is also being gutted. Changing the layout a little bit on the first floor. It's probably going to cost us a fortune by the time we're done but we're hoping this is our forever house so we want it perfect. Plus we got a fairly good deal on it which makes us feel better about it. Putting a lot of value into the house.

That cycle length is awesome! This stuff must be amazing. My cycles are typically 24-26 days long so very short. I always wondered if them being so short was the cause of my losses. An RE once told me that it's early (confirmed early O with day 3 tests) and it's possible my eggs are not properly maturing before release and that may be why we ended up with chromosomally abnormal babies. He wanted to start me off with some FSH injections but the cycle before we could start I ended up pregnant (with a CD11 ovulation!) and that one happened to stick and become my beautiful perfect daughter. So I don't know what to believe. I just hope we don't have to endure another couple years of losses and heartache to get another rainbow.

Oh wow that is a ton of work! Ours is a split level (which I hate splits but love this one) and the upstairs is hardwood except the bedrooms have an ugly green carpet. I prefer carpet for bedrooms so at some point we will replace that carpet with grey. But they're usable now. Downstairs has tile so we will be covering it with foam floor mats and turning it into a garden themed playroom! I'm super excited. Ours has 2 bathrooms. Upstairs one is gorgeous. Has 2 shower heads. The typical one and one on top. I think it's called a rain shower or something. Downstairs one sucks. It has a little shower unit that leaks and the washer and dryer and water heater and everything in it haha. But it works I guess. I hate where we live. Everything is so expensive. Cost of living is ridiculous. That's good you can make it perfect how you want it though. You can do as much as you can before you move then just do one or a few a year or whatever. I think we're going to aim for one a year. If we do more that's great.

The inositol does seem pretty great. And it's a b vitamin. So it's not a fertility drug. I had a loss that I used femara for. I always thought it forced my body to ovulate when it wasn't ready and that contributed to the loss. That's why I went more natural with DD. I used vitex but it wasn't working for me this time so I used inositol. I'm hoping to conceive first cycle as if I don't we will have to wait a while as we want to avoid having a baby during the holidays and everything and I'm not predicted a girl for a bit haha.

I can see your doctors reasoning. She was just meant to be. I hope it's much easier for you this time. Praying we both catch it first shot! No more rainbows because no more losses! Are your cycles still like that now?

Yeah I'm in NJ and cost of living here is pretty high too. Thankful my husband makes enough that we can live comfortably and we don't normally worry about money (though of course we try to be conscious of our spending).

Love a rain shower! Hoping to have something like that done in our house too.

Yeah I was thankful it happened naturally and that kind of put me off fertility drugs. Thankfully I never had to use them and now I never will. And yeah my period returned at 5 months PP despite full time breastfeeding at the time and it's pretty much exactly how it used to be. Not sure if that's good or bad lol.
December was a lucky month with Zinny. Maybe it will be for us again. It was our first month trying after a doctor mandated 6 month break (after a molar pregnancy that comes with all sorts of crazy risks). And we caught right away for the first time and everything turned out alright. And December is my birth month. So just seems like a good month to start.

Hoping December is a lucky month! My cycle is predicted to start December 29 so conception would be in January, but the cycle will start in December. I really hoping for an October baby or I'd try in December too haha. My loss was due in October. It's always been a favorite month of mine. Not really because of Halloween. I'm not huge on Halloween. But I just like October for some reason.

I'm weird in that some months I just do not like. August is one so thankfully Ashlyn had to be evicted in July due to my BP. September is another so if I tried in December it would be a September baby. Also January, may, November and December. So hat only leaves 6 months haha. Also certain numbers I don't like but that's another story. Thankfully Ashlyn came on a month and number I like haha

Lol you don't like my birth month or my daughters, should I be offended? My husband's is February but sounds like that's ok lol. Can't say I have a preference for any month and I'm doubtful I'll actually get pregnant on the first try. I'm still breast feeding part time and I wonder if that's going to get in the way a little. Only time will tell I guess. But the longer it takes the more obsessed with TTC I become :wacko:.

Haha no definitely don't be offended. Never said I don't like people born in those months lol. I'm just weird like that. I have strong aversions for no reason whatsoever haha. I'm really hoping first try works. I got pregnant with DD and my loss both on the first try. Our donor lives in a different state, but works not far from OH. We were living much closer to his work when DD was conceived. And our new house is even further. So it's going to take a lot of work and planning and I'm not sure how the hell its going to work honestly. If my cycles stay as predicted I'll need donations in the middle of the week. Not a freaking clue how to make it work! OH spends a good hour and a half driving home. Doubtful his swimmers will survive that even if they survived 7 and 5 days before I ovulated. So stressing about that. Not like we can get a hotel room in the middle of the week and we are booked solid in the daycare now. Full full full. So I can't even leave early as we have too many kids for my mother to be alone (I work in my moms home daycare). So I honestly don't know how it's going to work.

You never know. They say you're more fertile after having a baby. Your whole system could have been reset. Like the vitex worked for me before DD but how doesn't. Hormones and things change. You never know.

That does sound quite complicated! Hopefully you can make it work. It took exactly 3 tries with every one of my 4 losses, but with Z first try. So if it does happen on the first try, I'll take it as a good sign!

I also did acupuncture with my cycle with her and I'm debating about going back.

Maybe look into how you could make those swimmers last the trip? Like a special container or something lol.

Might as well try it again. Won't hurt. I've been seeing a chiropractor for a few months now. Definitely helped my back not sure about anything else as I'm also taking inositol. It was helping my sleep for a while but not anymore. I say if you can then go for it.

The only thing is that anything I could use to give them a little boost sways boy. So quite the conundrum.

Yeah but scheduling with my daughter may make things difficult. I'd either have to drop her off with my MIL (and I'd rather not let anyone know we are trying) or make my husband stay certain days and watch her for a bit (his schedule is usually flexible since he owns the business and it runs itself for the most part). We will see.

I started seeing a chiropractor while I was pregnant. I went back for some adjustments afterwards. I think chiros are awesome. I stopped going because he was asking me to come back too often (I have all kinds of back problems) and it was getting to be too much. Once a week may have been ok. I'd probably go back with the next pregnancy to see if we could get next baby in proper position earlier rather than later. My daughter was footling breech and would.not.move.

That is a conundrum. Is there any way he would be willing to go out of his way a little bit to get the donation to you a little closer to home?

Can you bring her with you? Ashlyn goes to the chiro with me and just stands there staring at the doctor haha. She went for months to deal with her reflux. I only started going after her. Your MIL wouldn't have to know you're trying. Maybe say you're getting it for another reason? Or say you're going to the chiro. She won't know haha. Or even shopping and it's easier without DD.

I started with the chiro at 2x a week because that's all I could do with work and Ashlyn. Now it's once a week and she still goes once a month. Oh silly baby. Did she eventually turn? Ashlyn was transverse until 27ish weeks I think then she flipped. I was doing a lot of bouncing on a yoga ball to try and get her into position and some other light inversion techniques. I have an accentuated curve in my spine so it was probably difficult for her to get down there. Probably also why my labor was so freaking long. The curve made it harder for her.

I'll definitely be asking if need be. Come the beginning of Defember or even my cycle before my Defember 29th one I'll text him and tell him when my next cycle will be and when we will need donations and see if he can help. He's been great about everything but not sure if he'd be willing to drive further than he already is. He lives in RI but works in MA closer to OHs job. With traffic and everything it wouldn't happen till after 8 or so and I doubt he's at work that long. I'll definitely have to discuss things with him. OH had Wednesday's off currently so if she does then maybe she can go and get a donation and I can leave work early. Tell my mom I have a doctors appointment or something lol. Idk. Lot to figure out but we will see. If ovulation could move up 3 or so days we would be golden. Time will tell. I'm praying lol

Can't bring her with me because I'm left alone in a room laying on a bed with a bunch of needles in me. I shudder to think the trouble she would cause :haha:. Z has had adjustments done too at the chiro. Not for any particular reason he just told us that it's good to get them adjusted early on. Though she did start tolerating tummy time way more after so I'm thinking maybe there was something that he fixed.

I guess we will see. I'll discuss it with my husband and see what his thoughts are. He will probably want me to go. He's all about alternative treatments and it seemed to work for us before and he'll probably want to do everything the same as last time so we hopefully have the same result--a healthy pregnancy.

No unfortunately she never did turn. We were planning an ECV but the day before my appointment for the ECV consult, my water broke, the cord prolapsed (increased risk of that happening with a breech pregnancy), and we were lucky she lived through it and even luckier she doesn't seem to have any developmental delays (in fact we often get the 'your child is a prodigy!' line lol).

I wanted an unmedicated vaginal birth and ended up put out with General anasthesia and missed my daughter coming into the world and didn't actually get to see her until 12 hours after the fact and didn't even hold her for hours after that. I'm really hoping my second experience is much better. I'd actually like to know what labor really feels like!

Here's hoping ovulation moves up and you find a way to make it work!

Oooooh okay I see. Well maybe if your husband wants you to do it he can watch her or make up something else to tell your MIL.

Oh man those silly babies and not turning. Trust me, nothing fun about labor. Mine was 25 hours. I was only 2cm and screaming after like 15 hours of non stop contractions and back labor as I was induced. My nurse and Doctor came in and pretty much begged me to get an epidural. I didn't want to as I was only 2cm and didn't want to get it too early and risk needing a c section. Turned out great for me. LOVE my epi! I was ready to kick OH out and marry the anesthesiologist. I took a nap and went from 2-7cm then got to 10 quickly after. I felt the urge to push and felt her coming out. They had to have them come put a little boost in it when they were doing internal stitches bc I could feel them and kept clenching haha.

That does suck that it took so long for you to get to hold her though. Glad everyone made it out okay. A scheduled section though would go much smoother but I understand your worry and wanting a vaginal birth. I hope I don't need to be induced again. Forcing my body to do stuff it wasn't ready for was no bueno. So much pain. I don't think it would have been so bad if I wasn't induced. Though my water did break naturally 10ish hours in. I'd finally decided to lay down and get some rest when I felt very wet haha. A nurse was in at the time and laughed at me haha. I was like "uhhhhh I feel very wet" she thought it was funny lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->