TTC soon? Within 3 months or so?

Doing well. Very busy weekend. Today my husband is back at it with the house and I'm currently waiting for my munchkin to wake up (we're in the car) so we can head into the store! She's taking a longer nap than usual I think because she woke up around 7:30 and was up for a while before going back to sleep so she's extra tired. I had to lay on the floor in her room while she played and messed around until she fell asleep. Took about an hour lol. Not fun but much easier and less stressful than bouncing and rocking and walking. She fought her naonthe day before and then fought bedtime so I knew we were probably in for it at some point.

We pulled the trigger on the first contract for the house to add a new deck with patio underneath. The plans look awesome I can't wait to see it come to life. I think we've chosen our flooring and new garage doors front doors. Just waiting on estimates from the general contractors for the kitchen and baths. Then we'll be all set and just waiting the work the be done so we can move!

You guys are closing tomorrow :happydance:, hope its a smooth quick process. Also awesome about the court date for the adoption!! Congratulations!

That's all so exciting! You really know you'll be getting what you want since you can pick everything yourselves. That's awesome. Totally jealous. You must be really excited! And anxious to get it all done and move in.

Sucks she's still fighting sleep. Past 2 days Ashlyn has been back to going, mostly, right to sleep. She might have a short protest cry, but mostly she lays down and goes to sleep. And has been doing good naps and sleep. I do think I saw a molar poking through. Of course she wouldn't let me near to feel if it's actually poking through, but that would explain things. She's been an awful grump today. Ugh. She's coming up on the endangered species list quickly.

Yes we do! Ahhh. Final all through at 8:20 (random) and then signing our lives away at 9. The plan is to hopefully do most of the moving this weekend and be able to stay from Sunday on. OH is off next week, but still working Saturday and Saturday is Ashlyn's first dance class. So I can do some packing, but we can't really move anything. Sunday Ashlyn is going to my moms for the day and we are hoping to move all the big/important stuff. I think we will put Ashlyn in the other bedroom so we can paint hers and do whatnot to hers then move her in. And keep her upstairs to play until the playroom downstairs is finished! Want to be out of here!

Lol wow re-reading my last message I had a ton of typos :haha:. I feel like I'm always BnBing in a rush. Except at night when she goes to sleep. She went down easy tonight thankfully. That USUALLY means a good rest of the night. Here's hoping we're back on track.

Molar?! That's crazy. That may explain why she was acting off before and is now back to sleeping well.

All sounds like a good plan! Let me know how it all goes today! Yay getting the keys!!

I hope it means she has turned a corner! Fighting sleep isn't fun for anyone involved. You already dredsing the time change? It's in November and I'm already panicking!

Well she went down easily but she's been up since 6. Looks like she's playing with her stuffed duck lol. Mommy doesn't function at 6am so she can stay in there until 6:30.

I'm pretty excited about having her in the new house. Whenever we've gone anywhere for vacation or even overnight in a new place she's so well behaved haha. Can't wait for at least a week of that ;)

Pretty sure it's her bottom right molar. Her bottom canines are white white white so I know they're on the way too. She never gets one tooth at a time. She gets a mouthful. At 6 months her 2 bottom teeth came in. Then at 8 months she got all the other 6 in one week!! She wasn't even grumpy them. But like both times a month before they cut she was miserable! I think they were moving in her head and getting ready. This child never does anything easy.

3 hours!!

I didn't even notice the typos. I do that too, go back and reread and edit haha.

Uh we had a couple of horrible nights where she not only was fighting her sleep but waking up a few times per night too and being difficult. I was a mombie with so much to do the last few days. And I'm kind of trying not to think about the time change lol. It just worked out the last time and I'm hoping it just does that again lol.

Hope you're loving getting the new house ready! Woohoo congrats!!

I didn't even OPK the last few days. Too tired. Too much to do. Blah.

Yes it worked out last time, but I know Ashlyn wasn't on a schedule yet last year when clocks changed so that was easy. Highly doubt we'll be so lucky this time. She screamed tonight when I put her down. Couldn't even be in the room I had to rock her to sleep. Poor thing is going to take some time adjusting to the new house.

I wouldn't really say I'm loving getting it ready haha. But I love being here. Still a lot to do. More stuff to pack at the townhouse, boxes to unpack here, rooms still need to be painted, we still need ceiling lights put in.

My nose is so freaking stuffy here. I know she had a some point as there are claw marks by the front door and the sliding doors. Ugh so stuffy!

Haha don't blame you. I could use some good sleep myself!

I did end up OPKing and I hadn't missed my surge. I think I ovulated CD13. But now trying time is up in the air. My husband says he doesn't want to tack on anymore stress at the moment. So we may end up waiting until the house is finished. Which could be December but most likely January. Which is fine I guess :(. Baby fever has really hit me since we decided to give it another go lol.

Hope your house is ready by now for the most part. I haven't gotten around to your journal so I don't know if there's an update there but I'll check in a moment.

Hope Ashlyn is more adjusted and sleeping better for you guys in the new house.

Sorry I've been MIA. It's just been so busy over here with house stuff. It's fun yet also incredibly time consuming and stressful.

Z's been sleeping well again thank goodness after giving us one of the worst nights that I can remember since she was a newborn. Up every hour. Difficult to get down. It was a nightmare. Thankfully things improved and we're back into our groove. But I was starting to question my sanity for wanting another lol.

Aw that sucks I'm sorry. I can see his reasoning, but it sucks as I know you were looking forward to it. That's the same time I'll be starting ttc! I hear ya about the baby fever thoug. I know we still have a lot to do with the house and Ashlyn is having a hard time adjusting and sleeping here so I know these next few months are best to be baby free lol.

House is mostly up and running. I HATE the color we painted Ashlyn's room so that's gotta be redone. We haven't done anything for the downstairs/future playroom yet so I'm hoping OH can start that today or tomorrow. We have a microwave and toaster oven that need to come out of the boxes, I still have to hang up and put away my clothes. But it's live able.

Ashlyn's had a couple really bad nights sleeping. It's the move and she has 3 molars coming in and she has a nasty cold so she isn't feeling well. I'm a zombie lol.

How are you guys? More settled? Hopefully getting a little more sleep?

Honestly lately I haven't even had the time to be disappointed about not trying. It's been crazy busy. Today is the first day I could have just had a relax day but instead I've been deep cleaning since the morning (unfortunately with a lot of help from YouTube to babysit my toddler :shy:). This place seriously NEEDED it.

Have you guys repainted her room? What color was it that you ended up hating?

Yeah more settled. Townhouse is almost cleared out. Going Saturday to finish off and leave the keys. Get my security deposit back! Lol. But no. Not sleeping haha. This child is trying to kill me ever so slowly. I understand why, but it's getting to me. We just moved to a new place, she has 3 molars visibly coming in so the 4th probably is too, she has a cold, she's transitioning to 1 nap from 2 and she's older so understanding more now and learning more. It's a lot. I get it. But it's getting to me. At least here at work the kids occupy her for the majority of the time. At home she whines and whines and cries and is up my ass all damn day. I can't make dinner without sitting her down with a snack and Mickey Mouse on my iPad. The TV isn't good enough. Has to be on my iPad. And I feel guilty. I don't like her having too much screen time, but I have to make food. At work they don't watch tv unless they're nutso while lunch is being made then maybe 20mins it'll be on. So I shouldn't feel guilty as she doesn't really watch much. But definitely more on the days were home.

While you're on a roll wanna come deep clean my house? Haha. I found a TON of dog hair in the track of the sliding doors and that heating vent right by it. I'm allergic to dogs. Enough said. Other than that the place was actually really clean. My dads HVAC neighbor/friend is supposed to come clean the system out at some point.

We haven't repainted. I'm wondering if I done like it because the baseboards and window/door frames and doors are all a dark oaky wood and the carpets a dark green. I think if all the trims and doors got painted white it would really brighten things up and I wouldn't hate it so much. If we do repaint we will probably do pinks rather than the purples it is. It's 2 different purples now and they just seem too dark to me, but I'm starting to think that once we paint trims and doors white (whenever that happens) it'll look better. Idk. I'll make some collages and attach them.

How's things going with your new house?

I don't have the best pictures of the room. I took some quick the day we moved in. Things have been changed since. Her window has grey curtains (match her grey glider) and her fish tank is on the left side of the bookshelf/toy box now (with one little gold fish lol). The changing table/dresser is beside the closet and the door to her room is open to the left of it.
It's only 10x10 so much smaller than her old room.
https://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a589/KylaMissa22/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_2652_zpsts7ci5de.jpg

Old room. Miss this room :(
I can see how the white and the grey carpets really lighten it up
https://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a589/KylaMissa22/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_7204_zpszt2yr18g.jpg

Hey! Just checking in. Hope the house is going well!

I am so damn broody it isn't even funny! I helped my grandparents pick a new puppy on Sunday and I want one. Even though they're a breed I don't like and it's a bad time to get a puppy if I'm going to be pregnant in *god willing* 3 months! I need a baby something haha. So so so broody

Oh wow sorry I've been MIA just so much (too much) going on around here and I'm struggling to keep up with the demands of everyday life lol. One of my husbands cousins is due to have a scheduled section in 2 days and I have a feeling that's going to make me super broody.

But lately I've had a case of cold feet about having another baby. It's just so hard already with just 1 :sad1:.

Ooooh so are you still going to try?

Not going to lie I'm freaking out about another as well. Especially since I hadn't a miserable pregnancy and had ms the first 20 weeks then spd starting mid 20 something weeks and could barely walk. Going to be hell with an active toddler. But I figure since I do want more kids I have to just do it and not think too much about it lol.

Yes I think I've got my mind up to try come December/January but we are NTNP for now (eeeeeee! I can't believe I actually have a chance this month lol).

Taking your approach and just not going to think too much about it. Hopefully Z will be consistently sleeping well and more chill by the time number 2 would arrive!

I can't understand your hesitations. Thankfully my pregnancy wasn't too bad as far as discomfort so I don't have much to fear there. Assuming I have a similar experience the second time which I very well might not.

Hey checking in hope you're well :wave:. I just realized in my last post I said "I can't understand your hesitations" :rofl:, I obviously meant I can!

How's the new house? Feeling like home yet? How is Ashlyn sleeping? Thankfully we've seen improvement here.

It's going. Be har so many little jobs left that haven't even been started yet. Mostly I want to get the baseboards and doors and windowsills and auchbpainted white. I think it would really modernize it and make it seem lighter. Want to make a bench thing to go over the step on the fireplace to make it more Ashlyn safe. But by the time Ashlyn goes to bed at night i just want to go too lol. And weekends I have her or if OH is home I pretty much still have her so there isn't much time. Someday lol.

We did get the playroom useable for her. The wood stove and entrance is gated off, outlets are covered, tile floor is covered in foam mats that look like wood flooring and toys are set up. Still want to paint and decorate the walls and gate off my treadmill, but she can play down there.

Ashlyn is sleeping through the night again. She's inbetween 1 and 2 naps so still working on that. She won't aleep more than an hour and a half tops for one nap whether it's on a two nap day or a one nap day. So she's doing mostly 7:30-anytime between 5:30-6:30. Can't wait to turn clocks back and be up at 4:30....

I'm on cd2 now so feeling icky and bloated and sore. Really want to try to get my ass on the treadmill every night. Even for half an hour. I tried last night, but went right into the shower after I put Ashlyn down so wasn't going after that. This cycle and next and then we try! Seems both so far away and so close.

Other than that same stuff different day lol. How about you?

I agree with you on painting some things white. We have that issue with our new house. Current paint job makes the house seem all dark and dreary and we're definitely gonna need to lighten things up around there. The project is going by so slowly lately though it's frustrating. The contractor has been taking a little more initiative lately though. I want as much done before Christmas time as possible.

We're sleeping through the night again as well thankfully. But naps are a disaster. 0-1 naps a day for us with lots of fighting when I do get her to nap. It's exhausting. Yesterday she fought and fought then passed out on the couch less than 2 hours before bedtime. Sigh. I kept her up a little later than usual after that. Then when I put her in bed she was up before an hour before actually falling asleep. Thankfully she didn't cry though. Called out for her dad a couple times but mostly played with her blanket and then fell asleep. I'm not really sure what to do about naps. I can't spend an hour trying to get her to take a half hour nap everyday. Especially if we plan on having another baby. But I don't know how to fix it.

Ugh exercise. I definitely fell off the exercise wagon lol. At least I'm keeping up with my diet. But now that the weather is cooling down more my metabolism is slowing down and I'm not seeing much results. I'm at a happy weight though. Ideally I'd like to lose more but don't really need to.

Her playroom sounds mostly ready to go! Would you mind sharing a pic of these foam mats that look like floors? I'm so curious.

2 more cycles will hopefully fly! We actually got 2 sessions in day before positive OPK and day of this month--not forced lol just coincidence we happened to have the time energy and desire so I'm in the tww for the first time in a while. 5 DPO today and trying to keep busy. Man the tww goes by so slowly. I'd forgotten how it was!

Sounds like th first 6 months of Ashlyn's life! I'd fight for annhour plus for a measly half an hour nap. She was chronically overtired. Once we got over that (which took weeks took weeks!) she started sleeping longer. At this age if on one nap they should do 4-6 hours between getting up and the first nap then 4-6 between getting up from the nap and bed. With the longer stretch the one before bed. Make sure before taking into her room before bed no tv, no crazy jumping around. Maybe encourage some reading time or quiet play. Make sure she's nice and full and hydrated. Then into her room for the nap routine. How's your nap routine?

I can't even imagine having her a huge house to get sorted lol. I can barely manage mine. Christmas is a bit less than 2 months away. I'm sure you'll get a lot done.

Good luck this cycle! Sounds like a great chance. So so broody lol

Here's her playroom. Ignore the plain walls. Will be painted and decorated eventually.
https://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a589/KylaMissa22/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_3772_zpsuicjcclk.jpg

For nighttime yeah we do that and she does great. Hasn't given us trouble in a while. She gets milk then goes into her crib and snuggles up and relaxes til she falls asleep.

I try to do the same for daytime nap but no dice. She will sometimes try to sleep by snuggling and doing what she does at bedtime but then gives up, stands up and starts screaming for me to go get her. She's never been able to take a daytime nap without being held through the whole thing. All my attempts at changing this failed miserably. And she would typically take her nap 4-5 hours after waking for the morning and then sleep for maybe 45 min then up til bedtime happy as a clam. Now she wants no part of this nap--I used to nurse for her nap then just rocked/bounced on the yoga ball when we stopped nursing and she'd sleep easily. My husband just says let her stay up when she's fighting a nap and she'll 'fall asleep when she's tired'...and yesterday when she fell asleep on the couch he's all 'I told you so'---I'm like uh you do realize this has totally screwed up bedtime you genius? lol. Wasn't too bad though.

Oh wow her playroom looks awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->