TTC soon? Within 3 months or so?

Maybe it's a little phase. Ashlyn did a few days of refusing her second nap. THats when we tried one and failed miserably! Then went back to 2 fine. Now somedays we do 1 or 2, but mostly still 2. She doesn't usually around 1.20-1.30 for morning nap and usually 45ish mins for her second. If she does one it's between 1.15-1.30. I'd rather her get more sleep lol.

Ashlyn was like that as a baby, but I worked REALLY hard to be able to put her down. Like super super duper hard. It was a long and exhausting process. But I knew if I didn't she would never be able to nap on her own so I kept at it. And now she does. She's recently stopped wanting to be rocked before putting her down too. I'd rock and sing for like 5 minutes then put her down. Past 2 days she's kept saying "beh" "beh" so right to bed. Kind of sad, but she's getting older and it's good for her to be put down and get herself sleepy and to sleep.

Ashlyn was never a fall asleep when tired baby. I'd always have to put her down before she got tired for her to sleep. If I waited until she was tired that was too late. Babies are complicated lol.

After almost two years of TTC and one MC we finally got our little boy when I was 40. Now 42 TTC for #2 and its almost now a year with no luck. Trying to stay positive.

Maybe it's a little phase. Ashlyn did a few days of refusing her second nap. THats when we tried one and failed miserably! Then went back to 2 fine. Now somedays we do 1 or 2, but mostly still 2. She doesn't usually around 1.20-1.30 for morning nap and usually 45ish mins for her second. If she does one it's between 1.15-1.30. I'd rather her get more sleep lol.

Ashlyn was like that as a baby, but I worked REALLY hard to be able to put her down. Like super super duper hard. It was a long and exhausting process. But I knew if I didn't she would never be able to nap on her own so I kept at it. And now she does. She's recently stopped wanting to be rocked before putting her down too. I'd rock and sing for like 5 minutes then put her down. Past 2 days she's kept saying "beh" "beh" so right to bed. Kind of sad, but she's getting older and it's good for her to be put down and get herself sleepy and to sleep.

Ashlyn was never a fall asleep when tired baby. I'd always have to put her down before she got tired for her to sleep. If I waited until she was tired that was too late. Babies are complicated lol.

What did you do exactly to help her sleep on her own? I have to admit I enjoy holding her through her nap but only when she sleeps easily. Today she fell asleep with a little bouncing within ten minutes without tears so hopefully things are turning around. She does sleep a lot over night 11-13 hours so I feel like she's too rested during the day to sleep easy lol.

It was a loooong process lol. Starting when she was a few months old. I used to have to hold her to sleep. Then I started getting her tonsleep and putting her down once she was asleep. Then we did the shush and pat method to get her to sleep. Then back to rocking. Most recently once we moved to get her back to sleeping we did a condensed version of it all because she already knew what to expect. I never held her for a full nap again though. I stopped that a long long time ago. But I'd rock her to sleep then put her to bed once asleep for a few days. Then I'd rock her a long time till she was almost asleep and put her down. Then I kept shortening the rocking time. Now she's decided she doesn't want to rock at all and goes right to bed. It's pretty nice I'm not going to lie. I've earned it haha

I've tried that for naps but whenever I put her down during the day--even if I waited until she was in a deep sleep--she would wake up and start screaming and it would be impossible to get her back to sleep. I can't tell you how hard I tried and how many days of ruined naps I've dealt with. Absolutely nothing worked for this child. Lately she loves bedtime and is eager to be away from us and to sleep. But she wants nothing to do with naps.

The past couple of days she's been happy to be rocked to sleep for her nap which is at least better than the tears and screaming and hitting while I tried to get her the sleep she so obviously needed :dohh:.

Oh it wasn't easy. This has been like a year long process. But she's good to be put down and go to sleep on her own now. So it was worth it lol

Thread is probably gonna die since it's just us and you're eggs is preggo soooo lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->