TTC soon? Within 3 months or so?

I feel like epis are so hit and miss. I know people who loved it and others who didn't or blame it for things stalling in their labor. Recovery from a c section is not something I'd like to repeat. So just kind of hoping with all my might vaginal delivery works out this time with no tearing. Might be a pipe dream but we will see. Going back to my midwives (who I was seeing with my daughter but couldn't deliver her) and they are all for VBACs and allow water births which is also a hope of mine. They call it the 'aquadural' lol. But yeah I had a lot of hopes with my daughter and it didn't quite work out the way I hoped and I was not disappointed so whatever way it happens is ok with me.

Any more definitive on when you'll be closing? We closed and it's so weird walking in knowing you own the place. Seeing everything bare also made us feel a little overwhelmed with the amount of work to be done. My mind has temporarily been taken off our upcoming plans to TTC lol.

I was so scared the epi would stall my labor but it helped it. I think bc I was induced so they were forcing my body to do something it wasn't ready for so it was fighting it. One thing most people have to do that they don't is keep switching sides. The epi will naturally go to the side you're laying on so gotta keep switching so it spreads evenly. I noticed after a while on one side that side would get super numb and I knew I was on it too long. Total fan haha. I'm not sure where I tore to be honest. I know I did internally. I had a 2nd degree tear somewhere. Not sure where. Don't want to know honestly haha.

No still no news yet. Waiting for the appraisal and whatnot. It was over a week ago. Every day OH gets calls and emails about certain things the mortgage company needs so she sends that and then they call or email the next day about more stuff they need. They saw she claimed DD as a dependent on her taxes (made more sense for her to as she would get more back) so they asked her if she gets child support so she explained I'm the birth mom and we do parent and whatnot so now they want a letter about all of that.....so dumb. I see why a lot of financing falls through. They want to much. OHs mom also just had brain surgery this morning so I haven't heard about any house stuff for a few days as she's busy with that and all.

Congrats on closing! Must be exciting. And scary haha. At least it's a good distraction from WTT. I need a distraction but alas nothing until the house. I'm hoping once we close my mind will be kept busy.

Oh man with mortgage company stuff! We had a bunch of the same type of problems (my husband owns his own business but is technically not self employed since he's the president of the company which has a few other minority share-holders) and getting over that hurdle was a pain. And yeah I can imagine your OH must preoccupied with her moms brain surgery. That sounds like heavy stuff.

And thank you yeah very excited but also extremely overwhelmed! We have people coming like every day this coming week to do different things to the house. I cannot wait to see the finished product but it's probably going to take FOREVERRR. hopefully I'll be pregnant when we finally move in!

Her mom has brain tumors. Her first surgery was the day Ashlyn was born. She's done chemo and radiation and one of them keeps growing back. So this is her second surgery. They removed a shunt she had out in from an aneurism she had years and years ago as the tumor seemed to keep growing on top of it. Hopefully this will be it. They did a scan not even 3 months ago and it was gone and now it's back. This is what happens when you smoke most of your life sadly. When they found the 2 brain tumors she also had lung cancer and they had to remove a lobe of her lung. Coincidentally my grandfather was found to have cancer in that same spot and had the same lobe of his lung removed. He also smoked a lot but hasn't since I was very little. Cigarettes kill.

Do you guys have an anticipated move in date? I'm assuming you aren't moving in until all the updates and such are done? That's great tho that you can do so much to it. You can really make it what you want.

Wow. That's unbelievable. My father was a very heavy smoker. He had a heart attack when I was in high school and he never touched another cigarette again.

My MIL is a very heavy smoker now. And as much as I love her to be honest it really bothers me when she holds my daughter sometimes and I can smell the stench of cigarettes coming off of her. She thinks just because she won't smoke around her it's ok. But third hand smoke is real. And I'm pretty sure she smoked when she was pregnant with all her kids which is also sad (though I'm pretty sure she feels bad about that now). My husband blames her smoking for his childhood asthma.

Hope this is it. Its definitely stressful with your OH going through things with a sick parent. My FIL passed away a little after Zinnia was born. He had lymphoma which was treated and the treatment somehow triggered severe COPD and despite all the treatment we tried to get him, nobody was able to help. He passed away last September.

And yeah no anticipated move in date. As soon as we get all the work done. Besides my daughter's furniture we might not actually move our stuff though. I think the plan is to buy some new furniture so we are able to still use this house on the weekends or whatever (we live on the water and we like to kayak and his siblings like to fish). But considering we have so many rooms to fill over there, we will still be able to add our current furniture to the house when this one sells. I'm thinking maybe January. My husband thinks sooner. We will see. He's over there working right now I think ripping up more floors. He has people demo-ing the basement (it was partially finished but seems the owner did it himself and did a very shoddy job). The same people are also going to do a water management system to keep the basement moisture free. Apparently the trapped moisture down there maybe have caused some mold. We don't mess around with mold. Plus it will get rid of the musty smell and it will be a normal liveable space if we choose to refinish one day (definitely not a priority right now though).

Oh it's definitely real. Third hand smoke kills too! That why she stopped smoking. I was in my first trimester and said I wouldn't ever go there while pregnant and the baby would never go there. I went once while pregnant and her mom said she'd only smoke in her room which was below the one we stayed in...and it's in the walls and floors and furniture. She stopped and then they really cleaned and got all new furniture. No way I would ever let her hold Ashlyn if she had been smoking. Before she quit I told OH she would have to wash her hands and change clothes at least before touching Ashlyn. Preferably shower. They all knew how serious I was.

No way don't mess with mold. Dangerous! Can cause so many health problems. Sounds like you'll have a lot to keep you busy while WTT :)

Hey! So got my first ever positive opk this morning! And tonight! Pretty excited. I have PCOS and many PCOS women don't get positive OPKs just because of how our hormones are messed up. I've never gotten one and was very surprised. Not that it means anything as we're still WTT. Think my date is getting pushed back though. Ovulating late this cycle which will push my new cycle start date back and this is the following ones. But we will see.

Appraisal went great we heard today. No issues. So closing date of September 29 provided all the mortgage stuff goes to plan.

How goes things on your end?

Yeah my MIL wouldn't smoke indoors and she does usually wash her hands and change her shirt before holding her but you can still smell it on her breath and when she kisses my daughter it makes me cringe. But what can you do? I feel like maybe it's crossing the line to tell her to brush her teeth too lol.

Yay positive OPK! Maybe I'll order some OPKs and do some peeing so I can do something in the meantime. I'm curious if I still ovulate around the same time I used to. I'm guessing yes since my cycle length hasn't changed but I'd like to confirm.

You'll be closing soon yay! It is so exciting to close!

We've been SUPER busy with the house. Seems like every day we have several people coming to either work or give estimates for work. My husband has definitely not been dragging his feet and he can be like a sloth to get things done so I'm glad he's not in this case lol.

But with him being so busy between work and the house, I've been doing everything on my own. We needed to do some serious food shopping so I took care of that. Drove to his brother's house for a dinner party we were invited to (they live 2 hours away!) by myself. Took Z to the pediatrician by myself (an hour away--recommended by friends and closer to the new house thankfully lol). Feels like I've been doing tons of driving. To top it off, my daughter is suddenly giving me a hard time at bedtime, waking at night (the other night she woke up at 4 am and it took 2.5 hrs to get her back to sleep---her normal wake time is 10-10:30), and waking up earlier. It's taking some adjusting and I constantly feel tired. Hopefully we're over this hump soon. We've definitely been over humps like it many times before lol.

So yeah definitely preoccupied with things other than WTT but still counting down to December! I've hardly had time to even eat these days and I'm making sure I still prioritize my workouts so I know (read:Hope!) the pounds HAVE to be coming off still.

That's good you're staying busy and your husband is getting things done! I can't wait until we close and can do some stuff. We aren't going to do much before we move. But probably paint and do a few little jobs. We will only have 2 weeks until our lease here is up so not too much time, but better than nothing.

Oh man sleep is rough. Ashlyn just went through a phase of fighting sleep, but seems to be over thankfully. Though she had been up too early the past couple days. I'm super jealous she sleeps so late though! Ashlyn is up at 6:30 or I have to wake her so we can go to work. Even if she gets up early I try to not get her until then unless she's really upset. Even on non work days I wake her then if she isn't up to keep her same schedule.

No harm in ordering some OPKs just to check.

Mortgage is set to become official today! So now we just wait to close. Couple weeks!

I'm a SAHM so we don't need to be up early for anything. And we are night owls in this house. Z goes to bed between 9:30 and 10. And I usually go to bed around 1 am. So a later bed time wake time definitely works best for us and thankfully my daughter has adapted. I know most 13 month olds have a much earlier bedtime and morning wake.

Thankfully tonight she started trying to get cozy to sleep as soon as we put her in her crib and DIDN'T stand up frantically crying like she did the last few nights lol. But I think it's because I got her schedule back on track today. Her sleep schedule has been off since we've been out and about and generally busy this week. These babies definitely need routine to stay on track.

Yeah I'm expecting my period any day now (CD22 today so 2-4 more days and I'm thinking closer to 2 this time) so we'll see if I'll OPK for the next cycle to see what's going on.

Yay almost time to close :happydance:, I think these 2 weeks will fly ;)

That's awesome. Past few days I feel like I have a new child. I put her in her crib and she snuggles right down and goes to sleep in 5 minutes....it used to take me rocking her for a good half hour or patting her back or anything much longer than 5 minutes. It's been so nice. They really do need their schedules! We tried a one nap schedule the other day and never ever again. She's going to be 7 and taking 2 naps a day haha.

I'm cd25 today I believe. Temps have been higher since 23 which is when I ovulated. But I've also been sleeping horribly past few days. No idea why. I'm back to sleeping back like before I started taking unisom. Hope my body hasn't gotten used to unisom this quick. Hasn't even been a full month. Falling off my diet and exercise program really messed up my cycle this time so getting back to it and hoping I get back on track. I did ovulate which is good just really late.

Appraisal is good. Mortgage is officially good to go. Just waiting on closing. Hoping they move it forward a bit as we have tickets to see Amy Shumer the original closing date. The tickets were expensive so it would suck to not be able To go.

That's funny because my daughter can only sleep well on a 1 nap a day schedule (and a short one at that--40 min to an hr MAX. Many days even less). I asked the pediatrician the other day like isn't it early for her to be down to 1 nap? She said it's earlier than most but not abnormal. As long as she's not tired or cranky (and she is generally a happy kid) then it's totally fine. And overall, because she sleeps so much at night (12-13 hours) she's definitely getting enough. She's been on one a day for months now! And it concerned me but she fights and fights if I try to get her to nap.

Hope the sleep lately is just a fluke and you'll go back to sleeping well. What sort of diet and exercise do you do?

Oh man one nap! Sleep had always been an issue with this child. She does so well on this schedule now. She does 3 hours then a nap then 3.5 then a nap then 4 hours and bedtime. She's much more rested and happier. Wish I'd gotten her into a routine earlier. She didn't sleep more than half an hour at a time until she was 6 months old! So she owes me some good sleep. I think she probably gets 2.5-3 hours of naps and 10-10.5 overnight so 12.5-13.5 a day. It seems most sleep more than she does, but it is what it is. Can't force a kid to sleep more. I've tried haha.

There's a boy here in the daycare who has been on one nap since he was like 10 months maybe. He's 3.5 months older than Ashlyn. Then there's a boy 7 weeks younger who takes one morning like 4 hour nap! Kids will sleep how they want. I sure do wish I could have some of her energy even on a bad sleep day haha. She does not stop.

I don't use any programs. I do the low carb/high fat diet. And dairy free. So I don't really end up getting much fat as most of it is dairy and meat. I've only eaten poultry and seafood since I was 9. And for exercise I just use my treadmill. It's in front of the TV :). Just hop on and zone out lol. I am excited to be able to take Ashlyn and Izzy (our dog) for walks at the new house! Hopefully it doesn't get too cold too quick.

OMG we are seriously twinsies!! That's what I've been doing. And I only eat chicken breasts. No red meat but no seafood either. Lactose intolerant so been dairy free for a very long time. I try to get more fat in with nuts and oils. But I try not to overdo it since they're so high in calories. But you gotta eat fat to burn fat.
I've been gluten and dairy free for years but I was eating all kinds of grains and starches. So I gave up rice, brown rice pasta, and potatoes. They were big crutches for me. The pounds I was holding onto definitely responded.

For exercise we have a rower in front of the TV. I do a short HIIT sort of workout with it. Plus some accessory exercises, planks, squats, push-ups. Planning to take Z out in the stroller for her nap time and just let her sleep in the stroller while I get a little more calories burned.

Kids starting to whine I think she's ready to sleep so I better run lol.

I stopped eating anything but poultry when I was 9. I think that's when YouTube became popular and I saw how they killed the animals so I was all set. But, I was also only 9, so I didn't really prepare my own meals so couldn't cut out all meat. I do use coconut oil when cooking a lot and I have a minor peanut butter addiction so there's that haha. I don't have potatoes either. Rice very occasionally.

I found a hiit exercise that's supposed to be good for pcos, but need the treadmill for that. My parents neighbor has one she wants to get rid of so once we move I'll take that. No point taking it now as we'd just have to move it soon anyway. One less thing to move.

Ashlyn was down for a nap but then my parents friggen dog was on the floor above her and barked like a nut so now Ashlyn is up screaming her little head off after barely half an hour. Which means she's going to be absolutely miserable. Can't wait for my night....I'm talking to her through the monitor, but she keeps sitting up and does NOT look happy. That dog is so lucky I'm an animal lover or she would be toast. So mad. I work so hard to get her on a good schedule where she sleeps and she's well rested and now that'd gone. It takes a couple days for her to get back on track. Awesome.

Anyway, I've been looking on Amazon (I may have a small addiction....maybe) at a bunch of house stuff like fall decorations and I really want to decorate Ashlyn's bedroom because we could only do so much where we are. We have letters to go over her crib that were never hung. OH keeps saying she wanted to do it. I asked my dad to come do it but she said she wanted to ... And then never did. I got them on etsy and they were rather expensive as they were custom done to match the nursery theme. And they've been sitting in a box. I'd love to change her room to a different theme, but I want to use those damn letters!

I'm not even sure how old I was when I stopped eating red meat. And it was for similar reasons. I actually watched a slaughter on a farm. I think I was like 6? Hard as my mom tried she couldn't get me to eat it again. I use coconut oil for cooking and olive oil for salad dressings.

I love peanut butter too! But alas I've also given it up in the name of weight loss. It's in the legume family so not allowed on a paleo diet (which is sort of what I'm doing except focusing more on eating fats than proteins). Awesome that you guys are getting a free treadmill and I'd definitely wait to move to pick it up. You guys are so close may as well wait.

Ugh I rage when something wakes my daughter up. It literally ruins the whole day and night. I feel for you big time!!

I definitely have an Amazon addiction too. I even bought some clothes for Amazon for my daughter recently since she needed more winter stuff. I like to be prepared lol. I don't think I'll be ordering lots though we're trying to cut back on spending with all the money we're throwing into the house. We were just told it would be worth it to get a new water treatment system (well water where we're moving) and a new hot water heater. So more expenses! Most of the expenses lately are unplanned ones. But I guess that's the way it goes!

Oh my husband is a big time procrastinator and frustrates me to no end. Always says he will do things and I wait and wait until I lose it and just do it myself and he's like 'why'd you do that? I was going to do it'. Drives me big time cray cray. Hope you get to use those letters they sound awesome.

Oh my God I was so mad. I've been working so hard to get her well rested and to sleep without being rocked or me staying in the room. First thing my mother asked was if I wanted her to go in and rock her....no. I was so mad. People don't get that Ashlyn isn't a "typical" child. She never had been. She's been high needs since day 1 where she screamed all night after she was born. Should have known then she had dairy and soy issues, but I didn't know. She's a tremendous amount of work. And she needs her routine and sleep and things done certain ways. She doesn't adjust like kids usually do or go back to sleep. She's a lot of work. Kind of makes me think I, insane for wanting another lol.

Oh man that sucks. I don't know about well water, but water heaters are pricey. Don't blame you for trying to cut back. We've been getting a bunch of long sleeves and pants and warm jammies in preparation. Got it all in 18 months and now I think she stretched out because a lot of 12 month stuff that didn't fit now does....so her clothes might be a little big for a bit haha. I love love love baby clothes! A,Avon had really good deals too. Sets with a top and pants for under $8/9 a lot. And carters is always having sales! OH manages an Old Navy so we both get 50% off Old Navy and Gap clothing so that helps too. I swear this kid doesn't wear half the stuff she has before she outgrows it.

Oh my god OH too! I just told her I'd like to change Ashlyn's room theme to one I found that's like a woodland theme. It has foxes and owls and I think bears. Ashlyn is obsessed with owls! Loves them! I may have influenced her a little bit, so I thought that would be cute. Can add more owls and decorations and such. But those damn letters. I could order more, but they're expensive and we are trying to cut back too as we will have a lot to do soon. OH said she could buy some. I should make her haha. Drives me bonkers. She tried telling me it was because I wouldn't help her...nice try.

Anyway, do you have names picked out? Not that they mean anything as Ashlyn was Emma and Makenna before becoming Ashlyn. I came across the name Elliana and I fell in love! I think it's absolutely beautiful and I think it goes with Ashlyn well. Elliana Skye I think would be it. For a boy I honestly have no idea haha. We never had a boy name picked out as I knew Ashlyn was a girl. We had an early blood test too so we found out she was a girl just before 11 weeks. But I came across Madden recently and like that. As well as Caleb and Ethan. I hope to use my father's first name, Charles, for a middle name but haven't run that by Oh yet.

No don't really have names picked. We were hip hopping around names for hours after she was born. I think it took 2 days to finally choose and make it birth certificate official. And it's going to be tough I think to have a name that goes with Zinnia lol. And I would like my kids names to match. We also found out early we were having a girl through blood test. Part of me thinks it would be cool to be team yellow the next time around but not sure I have the patience lol. Love your name choices though they're super cute. My dads name is Jacob and one of my brothers has already stolen it. My FILs name was David and since he passed away recently we may use his name if we have a boy. I think it would make my husband happy. But I don't know naming was so stressful the last time since we couldn't agree on anything I'm sort of putting it off lol.

Aw I love Jacob too. That's on the list. I have a list on my phone haha. I imagine now having a name until after she was born was stressful. I wanted to find out gender ASAP so I could name her ASAP. And shop. Lots of shopping ;) I want my kids names to go together, but they don't necessarily have to match. I flip flip between thinking Ashlyn and Elliana go great together and then thinking they do not go at all. You could still use your father's name as a middle name? David Jacob. I think that goes well. I'm not having a boy though so I don't have to worry about that haha.

I've decided next pregnancy I'll find out. And the last I like the idea of being team yellow, but don't know if I have the will power. I figure after 2 girls Ashlyn will already have a sister so then if it's a third girl great! If it's a boy that's awesome too because I have two girls and now get to experience having a boy. Though if #2 is a boy will definitely be finding out with #3.

Yeah I meant more go together than match. I don't want names that like rhyme or anything :haha:. I've always been partial to flower names for girls for some reason. Like Daisy, Rose, or Dahlia (hence naming my daughter Zinnia lol). But I feel like it would be weird to do that again. Unless maybe for a middle name. I also like girl names that can have a boyish nickname like Sam for Samantha, Jo for Joanna, Danny for Daniella or Danielle. I like nicknames in general lol. So when I think of names I also think of cute nicknames.

I think the name Elliana is super cute and it totally goes with Ashlyn!

Yeah I totally doubt I have the willpower to wait to find out. But maybe we'll wait for anatomy scan the next time just to create a little anticipation lol. Finding out before you're even showing is kind of weird (though I really was JUST starting to show at my anatomy scan anyway). I'm looking forward to having a bump again. I miss being pregnant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->