TTC sucess after laparoscopy

I think it is good to come in here and 'regroup' as Lioness says. This is where I started - and it's nice to remember where you came from so to speak!!! It is interesting all the different journeys we have embarked on - but we will all get there some way or another.

Yes Cupcake, you're right, we WILL ALL get there.:flower:
It seems like no time since we were sharing stories about stitches and pains and aches and how sore it was just to ....move!!! Incidentally, how are everyone's scars?
Lioness, will be hoping and praying that everything goes well for you on the 20th. Things have moved on really quickly for you! :happydance:

You ladies are very right. We will all get there! :)

Noja, my scars are still pinkish. They give me no pain though. I do like the scar that comes out of my belly button. It's so cute. DH likes it too. :)

Noja, my scars are pink and they are all healed up nicely :). Thanks for the wishes.

On one of the threads I saw an answer to a laparoscopy question by Rach27 which I thought I would post in here for us all......"I had a lap in November last year and I was diagnosed with stage II endometriosis. This was excised at the samw time. I then conceived naturally in June 2009, 7 months later. Ironically I failed one IVF cycle before I got pregnant - it seems my body wasn't quite ready (that was only 5 months after the op). My surgeon said I would likely fall pregnant at about 6 months after surgery so that was pretty accurate".

So FX girls...we mustn't be too far off then :)

My scars healed nicely but still quite noticeable - time to get some sun on my belly and tan it up!

Thankfully I never was a bikini candidate so little scar doesn't make much difference. It's 6 months now since my lap another visit from :witch: today. :cry::cry::cry:Not fair. Feel like giving up (yeah I KNOW we're going to take a break next cycle anyway, but like I said about something else-what has logic got to do with TTC??!!!)

Huge Hugs Noja :hugs:. Exactly...whats logic got to do with it, it never changes how you feel. We're here if you need us!

Thanks ladies. Witchie is playing with my head a bit, she hasn't come in full force yet (or hadn't last time I checked which is about every 15 mins!!!) I know this can her pattern. It leaves me really stressed out though cos there is still that tiny little glimmer of hope that you then have to sit around waiting to have squashed, it's worse than just dealing with her onslaught and getting over the disappointment. This is of course not helped by the fact that the hormones play havoc with a lady's emotions at this time of the month anyway!!!! ARGHhhhhh!! Sorry, I'm not usually this miserable!!!
Lioness, not long now until your stims and your journey takes an excitign new path. We'll be with you all the way.
Cupcake, sending lots of positive vibes your way for EC.
Wish2b, a hi and a big :hugs: to you.

Ladies
how long did you leave it after your lap before bding and does it matter if you period is due the day of surgery i am going on 29th oct - really nervous!

Noja - lots of :hugs: to you hun. I know the :witch: is a bitch and it's disappointing. Make yourself a nice cup of tea, hug your DH and have a rest. Time to recoup and recover.

Glitter - good luck with your lap. As for bding after lap, I can't really remember, but it was probably about a month for me! Quite bloated and uncomfortable for a little while and I wanted to wait till scars were all healed up.

Hi glitterqueen....good luck with your laparoscopy at the end of this month. Everyone is different in regards to bding after the lap. As for me, I bled for about 3 days after lap then my cycle arrived 6 weeks after that. In that time we didn't bd as we were using it as healing time. In regards to your period being due on the day of the surgery I do not know if it matters or not, hopefully someone may be able to answer this for you. Good luck :hugs:

Glitterqueen, good luck with your lap!! As for bding, everyone is different. You have to feel what is right for you. DH and I decided that we would continue to try that cycle. So we started to bd about a week later. It hurt for a few days, but it got better.

Hi Glitterqueen (love the name btw!), I think we were able to bd about 4 weeks after the lap. Don't be nervous pet, It's not the nicest thing you'll have to do it this life but it's by no means the worst either. and like anything you soon forget about it. I hope the docs are able to do something that will move your TTC journey forward. :flower:

The lap is kinda painful!! I was SSOOO scared when being wheeled in to the OR--but had reassureances from nurse (who wiped my tears!) and my docs. Super guys. !! After is kinda crappy. You're gonna feel like you know what for like maybe 4-5 days. Keep using the painkillers even if you don't think you need them . You'll know when they're wearing off! Not too scary tho..afterall....we're women!! Stronger when neccesary!! It will do more good than bad. Cleaned me all up-made sure tubes are open etc. :thumbup::happydance:

thanks ladies!!!! I do feel better bout it all now just want it over and then back to baby making x:happydance:

Good luck, you will be one step closer to a BFP!!! Its all exciting! Huge :hugs:

Haha! Anyone want a funny story? I just realized my signature said 08 on it for my lap and clomid cycles. LOL!!! I meant 09!! :dohh: !!! I just thought that was soooo funny. Sigh

I have been trying to hold off posting on here as I am not safely past the danger period yet. But since the start of this thread "success after laparoscopy" I think it is good to update our journey as we go.

For me, I was in the unexplained category and had my laparoscopy back in May/June this year. Since then I have been on 3x cycles of clomid - last one using a trigger sot to release my eggs, but no success on Clomid for me. I also found the teariness to be getting worse as each Clomid cycle went on. So I was glad not to feel trapped inside my body due to Clomid anymore.
We then progressed onto IVF which became ICSI at the last minute. I am 7 weeks into this pregnancy, and we had an ultrasound the other day which showed a heartbeat and that things are progressing really well...so FX for a H&H 7 remaining months :dust:

So 5 months after laparoscopy (and several fertility treatments later), we got our bfp. Unfortunately it did not happen naturally for us, but we are extremely excited as we have achieved our dream. A healthy bubs at the end of this difficut and heartbreaking ttc journey is all that counts and our bubs was definately made with love - that has never changed :).

This is where I started on BnB and this is my second family, here in this thread. My heart goes out to everyone here and will be keeping an eye on you and praying we all get to our dream sooner than later. A few of you here have achieved that bfp, only to be crushed by the devistation that followed. I am saddened by what has happened and I pray that the achievement of your dream is just around the corner, don't lose hope. Good luck, keep in touch and I will be keeping a seat warm for you all in the first tri :friends:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->