TTC sucess after laparoscopy

well ladies..I am back. Have a D&C tomorrow... I had a missed misscarriage. I'm suppose to be 10 weeks but the baby died at 6. I'm heart broken. I feel dead inside. I'm scared my one good tube closed up again... we will try until nov and then quit for a long time. This is just too much for me. Sigh... :cry:

Awww wish I am so sorry. Big Hugs coming your way. I had a chemical this month so I am not feeling all that hot right now either. I'm here if you need me.

I am so sorry to hear your sad news. :hugs: I can't imagine how heart broken you must be feeling. Just remember we are all here for you and there are lots of people on this site who have been through similar things and will be able to help you through. Remember you are strong - you will get through this, just take it one day at a time. (Sorry for the cliches.) Lots of love. xxxxxxxx

Awwh wish i'm so so sorry to hear that. Big :hug: for you, i can't imagine how you must feel right now. You know were all here if you want to chat, take care x x

Sorry to hear the sad news wish2be :hugs: I can only imagine how heartbreaking it would be :hug:. As you can see, most of us are still here...another FS appointment on Monday for me to see where we are going next :(...my b'day tomorrow, another year older and still no BFP!

Awwww wish2bmama so sorry to hear about your loss. :hugs: take care of yourself.

Lioness - was your appointment today? I hope it went well?

The latest with me is I have been taking my IVF drugs and have 18 follicles and have EC Friday with ET next week.

Hope everyone is well

Thanks guys for the Birthday Wishes :) much appreciated, I had a good day even though I had to work.

DH and I had the appointment with the FS today, this is our third and last round of Clomid...and this time he will give me a trigger shot....then we move straight onto IVF. DH and I are happy that things are moving forward, but I have been teary and stressed on and off all evening as I try and get my head around everything. I never thought it would ever come to this. I always thought I would be able to conceive naturally. The FS wants to optimise the chance of IVF success while my age is still ok for that...once you get closer to 40 the chances dramatically decrease statistically. I am finding I am teary on the Clomid...the FS has warned us I will be even more so on the IVF drugs...great! DH has asked the FS if there is an information pack for husbands to take home and read on how to manage DW while going through IVF...:rofl:. How do you find the IVF drugs Cupcake? An what does ET mean? I am guessing EC is Egg Collection?! Its all new to me, any info is appreciated as I am a little unsure what to expect. When you started your first round...did you have to take the pill for the first 2 weeks with some nasal spray, followed by some injections. How long does it take to prepare you for an IVF cycle...6 weeks? 2 weeks? Good luck Cupcake...fingers crossed that this will do the trick for you. We're here for you if you need us.

I hope you are going ok Wish2be, my thoughts are with you :hugs:

Hello folks, I haven't been in this thread for ages so hope you don't mind me pthrough again.
Thinking about you Wish2B, so sorry.:hug:
Lioness, how are you? Things are moving in your world even if not in the direction in which you were expecting. Do you have a journal yet? Yous should start one so we can all call in and encourage you and keep track of your journey. Will message you soon.
Sprat, how are things with you? Think I'm 0ing from blocked tube side this month, not that that's a good reason not to indulge in lots of :sex:
Hi Caz and Cupcake, called into your journals earlier.

Thanks guys for the Birthday Wishes :) much appreciated, I had a good day even though I had to work.

DH and I had the appointment with the FS today, this is our third and last round of Clomid...and this time he will give me a trigger shot....then we move straight onto IVF. DH and I are happy that things are moving forward, but I have been teary and stressed on and off all evening as I try and get my head around everything. I never thought it would ever come to this. I always thought I would be able to conceive naturally. The FS wants to optimise the chance of IVF success while my age is still ok for that...once you get closer to 40 the chances dramatically decrease statistically. I am finding I am teary on the Clomid...the FS has warned us I will be even more so on the IVF drugs...great! DH has asked the FS if there is an information pack for husbands to take home and read on how to manage DW while going through IVF...:rofl:. How do you find the IVF drugs Cupcake? An what does ET mean? I am guessing EC is Egg Collection?! Its all new to me, any info is appreciated as I am a little unsure what to expect. When you started your first round...did you have to take the pill for the first 2 weeks with some nasal spray, followed by some injections. How long does it take to prepare you for an IVF cycle...6 weeks? 2 weeks? Good luck Cupcake...fingers crossed that this will do the trick for you. We're here for you if you need us.

I hope you are going ok Wish2be, my thoughts are with you :hugs:

Hi Lioness

Clomid made me teary too!! But the IVF drugs haven't which is interesting.

I think you are definitely making the right decision to move to IVF if this round of Clomid doesn't work. As you know - things change with Medicare rebate in Jan 2010, so best to get stuck into it sooner rather than later. The hardest part is the emotional side and trying to get your head around it all. I struggled with this at first (as you know through my journal), but at the end of the day - you have to keep your eye on the prize if you know what I mean.

ET means Egg Transfer, which for me is happening 5 days after collection. You can get them put back at 3 or 5 days depending on your clinic. Also, we are getting our embies tested genetically which takes and extra day or two. I'd highly recommend this if you can afford it (extra $2k with no rebate from Medicare or insurance).

I have found the IVF meds ok - injections aren't a problem - needle is tiny and you have it all detailed and planned out for you so you know what to do. I took spray on CD2, twice a day and then started injections on CD3 once a day. I had a scan at CD10 and am booked in for EC CD14. So basically you be having your eggs collected 2 weeks from when your period starts and embie transferred back about 20 days afterwards!! Depends on your clinic, but that's generally how it works here in Oz.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Hope everyone else is doing ok - wish2bmama - thinking of you!! :hugs:

Thank you Noja and Cupcake :hugs: your support has come at the right time. I have had a bad couple of days as I have been feeling a bit strange in myself. Like you said cupcake, it's definitely hard to get your head around. I appreciate the encouragement of "keeping your eye on the prize". I'm glad I am not the only one who gets teary on Clomid, I'm not going insane ;) (Yet). I hope I find the IVF drugs as good as you are Cupcake. I will be going through the Westmead Fertility clinic and it doesn't look like it will cost too much at this stage, they are a non profit organisation who may not be that affected by any changes...but we'll see. Hopefully we wont need it then anyway. In the info the FS gave us, after the first round of IVF they recommend a rest between cycles before trying again, did they suggest the same to you? I was wondering about the meds you take, even though you took the spray at CD2...did you continue that for a few days? And how many days for the injections. I haven't asked or been told about the genetic testing...we'll add to it our list of questions for tThank you for your encouragement.he FS on saturday. We have an appointment again on Saturday for a scan to see if I am ready for a trigger shot or not. Good luck on your EC in 3 days time!

Noja, I might put a journal together once I can collect my thoughts. I have another couple of days at work, then the FS appointment. I might see if I can put one together on my days off. Thanks again guys, you have been life savers :hugs:. How are you both going with things?

Hi Lioness, you sound more positive and calm about things today, good woman. Remember we're here regardless where your journey takes you or how long it is.

HI Cupcake, all very exciting in your world right now, must be slightly terrifying to though?

I'm just past ovulation now but have little hope for this cycle as prob blocked tube month. Got really down about it last night, was threatening just to give up completely but DH stepped up and gave me comfort, encouragement and support I needed, I love him to little bits.

Take care ladies,
Stay strong.

No problems Lioness - always here for you.
Definitely ask about genetic testing - PGD (pre genetic analysis (or something like that)). It's when they take a cell from the embie at about day 2 and test for all the chromosomal disorders like downs syndrome, turners syndrome etc. Similar to the genetic test you can get at 17 weeks (although that one is with needle through your tummy to take out embiotic fluid I think).

It rules out some of the big chromosomal disorders that can cause a miscarriage which means that the embie they will put back is less likely to have 'issues'. they can't test for everything of course - but it provides a bit more comfort. ONly downside is it does slightly increase chances of embie not continuing to grow in lab - as you are removing a cell from it early on. But ask about it. Cost a bundle though, but you can claim on your tax.

And yes I took down reg spray twice a day from CD2-CD14 - you take it in conjunction with the injections - although injection starts on CD3 - so you have one day beforehand on just the spray.

Thanks Noja - starting to get very nervous. Took my ovulation trigger last night - 36 hrs before EC, so it's all go!!

How are you going cupcake? How did the EC go? Been thinking of you :hugs:. We went to see the FS today and he gave me a trigger shot and put in the paper work for IVF in case we need it next cycle. On the left he saw one big follicle and a smaller one,...then he was surprised to see a similar smaller one on the right...making it a total of 2 smaller and one big follicle. So we have been busy making the most things this afternoon ;). I seem to be feeling better about the next step if its needed, thank you for all your support :hugs:. I still need to find the time to create and write my journal, I just need the writing bug!!!!!!!

Noja, sorry to hear that you've been feeling a bit down lately, sounds like you have a good DH there. What makes you think its the blocked tube this month? Stay strong as I've heard that the good tube can pick up the egg even if you ovulate on the other side, there is still hope.

Sounds very positive Lioness. I have FX for you this month - hopefully that big follicle will do the trick.

EC went well - they collected 16 eggs from 18 follicles. Of those 16 eggs, 1 was not mature enough for fertilisation. Of the 15 they tried to fertilise, 13 fertilised!! So at the moment we have 13- but we'll see how they are going in a few days as numbers go down as the days go by.

Yay for Cupcake's little miracles!

Lioness, that is great news, let's hope DH's :spermy: catch one of those eggies.

I'm going on teh farily inaccurate basis that I alternate ovaries on a monthly basis. I know that May was good tube month because of the lap and I've been counting from that. Other than that I have no basis whatsoever for my self identification of which side I'm ovulating from. Really and truly I need a really good kick up the butt for being so negative.

Noja - can you feel ovulation? Some women can - I could when I was on Clomid. Maybe it does alternate?

Yes, I can usually tell which side I go from because I get little stabbing pains. This month they were mainly in the left (good tube) but also some in the right so I'll go with the L-R pattern and just count it as bad tube month. No logic, no reason, no matter, I'm a woman and none of there things govern our lives' anyway :rofl:

You sound like me Noja - even though I have been told it does not alternate - I still have it in my head that it does. I had left pains last month (good tube) and couldn't tell this month so decided it was bad tube and not holding out much hope for this month (or so I tell myself!). My reflexologist told me that some people get pains on the opposite side to the ovulating side - just to confuse you even more!!! This only one side working thing is a real :headspin:

:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"