TTC w/ whacked out menstrual cycle

JandA2013

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new here just today and was hoping to get a bit of help. My husband and I have decided we are going to try for our first baby. Problem is I have no idea how to figure out when I'll be ovulating due to how crazy my periods are. I used to be on the Depo for almost four years, until I switched almost a year ago to Ortho tricylclen lo. While on the Depo, I quit have periods for almost the whole 4 years, started having monthly but hay wire cycles again once on the pill like for example this year,

January through March were pretty normal and regular 3-5 days periods. Then April came and I bled from the 16th to the 20th and then the 25th till 1st. Then again may 4th through the 6, again may 13-18th, June 11-15. Then it went even crazier June 28-July 11 (14 days!) Finally July 30-Aug 9th.

Keep in mind MOST of those days were super light, some to the point of only noticing while wiping. There was only one session where I bled heavy, and so bad that I actually went to the ER but they said it was due to over active hormones.

Anyhow, see our hesitation? Where the heck do we begin? We plan to start trying November 2 (after my tough mudder race so the baby doesn't get hurt), I stopped taking my pills this morning to hopefully get my ovulation in check. If anyone wants to try to do some math/research to help my decipher even I'll be ovulating, or have any tips to get my cycles in order it would be greatly appreciated. I'm researching as much as I can in the time being. Sorry for the long post. :/ -A

Hi Hun and welcome! You're going to be doing Tough Mudder? I did The Total Warrior challenge! It was absolutely awesome! Why don't you try ovulating sticks, you can buy them off eBay in bulk, I buy like 100 for £10.00! There easy to use, and give you a good indication as to when you ovulate. Good luck. Xx

Thanks Sunny. I'll give them a shot, I just have heard that they aren't too accurate but it's worth the try. Did you use these and did they seem pretty right on to you?

Yeah, they do. I also use the Clear Blue Fertility Monitor.. That's great! I don't temp but I know a lot of ladies on here do and they completely swear by it! Xx

I plan to temp as well. Thank you for the advice. Oh and I forgot, I'm doing the tough mudder in November, it'll be my first one. I signed up before we decided a100% to try getting pregnant so we're going to start that night after the race ( if I'm not exhausted) We would try before but even though babies are very well padded in there, I'd be worried about the shock therapy and such obstacles hurting our baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->