TTC while breastfeeding - anyone else?

I got my first definite positive OPK this month on CD 17! DH and I BD about 30 minutes before my first +. TMI, I'm worried I ruined any chance of conceiving this month since I was on top and got up immediately after..and everything seemed to leak out :blush: I'm on CD 19, so maybe 1-2 DPO?

Hi ladies. Anyone from this thread still around and actively TTC? I'm TTC while breastfeeding and could do with some buddies! I've only had one very light AF so far and I think my luteal phase was only 7 days last month. Anyone got any advice or success stories around the use of vit B6 or vitex? I'm thinking of trying both but not sure how much and if totally safe. Baby dust everyone x

Hi ladies. Anyone from this thread still around and actively TTC? I'm TTC while breastfeeding and could do with some buddies! I've only had one very light AF so far and I think my luteal phase was only 7 days last month. Anyone got any advice or success stories around the use of vit B6 or vitex? I'm thinking of trying both but not sure how much and if totally safe. Baby dust everyone x

I used B6 and my LP went from 7/8 to 10/11 days. My doctor told me it was safe when breastfeeding. I took 50 mg.

I am TTC and also trying to wean my 18 month old dd. I have only had two pp af. First cycle was around 40 days and based off that AF should arrive tomorrow. I missed my chance last month by ttc around the time of my smiley face, cd 17 and i didnt test again after that. Pretty positive I ovulated about ten days later as I had all the symptoms and then got af about 12 days later. DH and I didn't BD around that time so I s so bummed out I missed it!

This month has been so strange. I got a positive smiley opk on cd 27, one more around cd 30 or 31. When I tested again with SMU about 20 minutes later, nothing, so I don't really know what to think about that second smiley. I tested gain in the afternoon and nothing.

Then, yesterday at what I assumed to be 9 dpo, I got another smiley. I have been testing every day as to not miss my chance like last month. I got another positive this morning (which has never happened to me before, getting smiley faces for more than one day) and also another two during the day today when I was we'll hydrated. So far only bfn on hot, so I am treating it as my body trying to ovulate again.

Ttc while breastfeeding is so confusing. I am keeping my fingers crossed for a bfp sometime soon!

Hi ladies! Just wanted to update - I'm pregnant! So happy :)

First 2 cycles we tried I had 8/9 day luteal phase. Third cycle I started taking a B complex (included 50mg of B6). I went for the complex as it included folic acid and also I read that b vitamins work better together. Anyway that was this cycle and I got a positive pregnancy test a couple of days ago at 11dpo... Yay! So I'd definitely recommend the b vitamins if luteal phase length is a problem :)

Yeah I'm pregnant too. Never had a period. So exciting!!

Ladies, I just got my BFP this morning! Congrats to everyone who is expecting as well!!! My dd nurses on demand still and my two cycles I had we're so out of wack! Feeling very blessed right now!

Yay!!!! Congrats to all the ladies who got bfps!!! Love it!

Yay congratulations everyone, looks like we've all been very lucky :)

I am curious to see if any of us will have twins. I've read conceiving twins is a lot higher amongst breastfeeding mothers.

Oh yeah I read that somewhere too! Aaaa that would be a handful!!

Eek! I'm ttc again whilst bfding after a miscarriage 3 weeks ago. Conceiving straight after mc is thought to increase multiple births too so ill probably have about 6!!

I read the rate is higher since the baby depletes Mom's calcium, but I find that strange since woman who consume more dairy also have a higher rate.

My theory though, lol I was thinking about while out running the dog this morning (I'm no doctor), is that when breastfeeding, some women experience their body trying to ovulate and then it doesn't and then the body tries again later. So the body has more time to produce mature eggs and in turn release more then one! Just a thought, I don't think its the least bit true, but it makes sense to me! :)

I'd never heard the twin thing before! freaks me out as here are twins on bth sides of our family.....gulp!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->