TTC with PCOS // Anyone use Metformin or Progesterone Cream?

Starbunny711

Reaction score
Hi, ladies! First off, I LOVE this forum and it is so great to see how supportive everyone is. To give you a little background, I was diagnosed at PCOS at 18 and tried to treat it naturally (off the pill) until right before my hubby and I got married. We decided to go back on the pill before we got married. We've been married three years now and have decided to start trying for a family. I've been off the pill since the end of March.

I had my normal withdrawal bleed starting on April 4th. Since then, it has been 73 days and I haven't ovulated or had a period. I've taken three pregnancy tests and all have been negative. I know that I can't keep going without a withdrawal bleed, but I have a couple questions for you ladies.

Have any of you with PCOS used metformin? If so, was it helpful to you? My glucose blood results have always come out normal and I really, really try to eat healthy (I'm only a smidge over-weight), so I'm unsure if metformin will be helpful to me.

Have any of you with PCOS tried using natural progesterone cream? If so, has it been helpful in regulating your cycles?

I'm going to see my nurse-midwife on Tuesday and will ask here these questions as well, but I'm curious about your experiences. Thank you in advance for all the replies!

:dust: Baby dust to everyone!

God bless!

I have gotten pregnant twice (one m/c) on metformin. Before metformin I would go 6-9 months between cycles. I was put on progesterone every 60 days to force a period and 1500mg of metformin. I got pregnant within 3 months (ovulating around day 45 of my cycle). I miscarried and had the exact same experience, pregnant within 3 months, ovulating around day 45. I was a just a little overweight at the time and glucose levels were fine. I think it is worth a shot!

i have pcos since i was 17, mc once, and then tried to concieve since as long as i can remember (about 10 years i would say). finally last year i got pregnant!
i did not take metformin, i was on a low carb (mild) diet and had lot of stress free time (i quit my job) and spent lot of time out in the fresh air, cycling.
i do not know if that improved my situation, but i ovulated (for the first time in about 1 year) and i got pregnant and it managed to stick!
i did take some natural pills to lower the insuline level on the blood (fenugreek, also good for breastfeeding! :) ) but that was it.

i know it is frustrating and i know most docs will tell you to lose weight, but sometimes it has nothing to do with it ( i was 50kg for 1.55 m and still had pcos!! )
it takes some time, but you have to find your own balance. it can be metformin, it can be diet, it can be something else..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->