TTC with prolapse?

MamaBear2288

Reaction score
Hi :) I am hoping what I'm experiencing is NOT prolapse (and going to get it checked out with my MW soon) but when I Google my symptoms, it seems like that's what's happening...

I have two LOs (4 yo and 20 months) I had uncomplicated vaginal deliveries with both, didn't notice any prolapse symptoms after either. However, I just miscarried about 3 weeks ago at about 6 weeks pregnant and after that, I've noticed some weirdness down there.

Basically, it feels like something's gonna fall out of my vagina all the time :nope: It's worse when I'm up on my feet a lot, carry my children (or anything more than like 10 lbs) and seems to get better with rest and kegels. When I self-check basically it feels like a hard lump intruding into the actual vaginal canal, sometimes down as low as the opening. It also seems worse when I have to pee and better once I've gone and judging by the location of the lump I sometimes feel I'm pretty sure if it's a prolapse it's my bladder.....

ANYWAY lol, has anyone experience prolapse of any kind, especially bladder, after a miscarriage? What the heck is happening? My husband and I have already DTD multiple times once I was given the all-clear by my MW (they told us to wait one cycle purely for ease of knowing the EDD better but do you think my husband could wait? Lol, nope. I couldn't either, honestly) and I may be pregnant again already... but I'm not sure how bladder prolapse fits into all this.

Also, the prolapse symptoms have gotten way worse this past week, AFTER my husband and I started trying again, so I'm not some crazy reckless person who was like, "Hm, I feel like my vag is falling out. Oh well, let's get preggers again" :haha::haha::haha: But now I'm all concerned because we may be pregnant again already, what a prolapse might mean for that, and also if we're not yet pregnant, I'm not sure that it is advisable to actively TTC until the prolapse is better under control?

And also WHY did I never hear about prolapse until I'm 2 kids in!? I feel like this should have been something I was made aware of a long time ago. I would have been doing kegels religiously many times a day for years and years because this is not fun lol. Thanks for any insight guys! :hugs:

I saw a women’s health physio in between pregnancies for a similar issue. She gave me pelvic floor exercises to do which helped a bit. I became pregnant with DS2 though so couldn’t be treated until after he was born but haven’t been back yet and now we’re TTC again :blush:
It’s not become worse though! I’ve kept up with the exercises too.
Definitely worth having a chat with your GP. I put it off for ages because I was embarrassed but she was very chilled about it and referred me to the women’s health physio.

I saw a women’s health physio in between pregnancies for a similar issue. She gave me pelvic floor exercises to do which helped a bit. I became pregnant with DS2 though so couldn’t be treated until after he was born but haven’t been back yet and now we’re TTC again :blush:
It’s not become worse though! I’ve kept up with the exercises too.
Definitely worth having a chat with your GP. I put it off for ages because I was embarrassed but she was very chilled about it and referred me to the women’s health physio.

Thank you so much for your reply! I've heard of pelvic floor exercises/physio helping and hoping I can get a good referral. Are these different than kegels? I'm doing kegels like it's going out of style (and hoping I'm doing them right :haha:)

I'm so glad to hear it hasn't gotten worse! Were you able to give birth vaginally with DS2? I have nightmare images of pushing baby #3 and out pops things other than baby #3 :nope:

:dust: Good luck to you on your TTC journey!! This miscarriage was so hard on us emotionally and maybe it was ill-advised but we decided to try immediately once the bleeding stopped and I was cleared by my midwife. Praying for both of us that soon we'll see each other in the first trimester boards! :hugs: <3

DS2 was a vaginal birth and much easier (and faster!) than DS1. DS1 took an hour of pushing but DS2 was less than half an hour.

I think kegels are just another word for pelvic floor exercises. I had different patterns of them I had to do (so it was 10 short ones, and then 10 where I had to hold for 10 seconds or something).

Isn’t it fun being a women? :lol:

DS2 was a vaginal birth and much easier (and faster!) than DS1. DS1 took an hour of pushing but DS2 was less than half an hour.

I think kegels are just another word for pelvic floor exercises. I had different patterns of them I had to do (so it was 10 short ones, and then 10 where I had to hold for 10 seconds or something).

Isn’t it fun being a women? :lol:

:lol: yeah! I was telling my husband that men honestly have nothing to compare to what women go through! My husband always reminds me though that we also get to experience the magic pregnancy, birth and breastfeeding and men don't, so, I guess, touche hehe! He has a point. But seriously, except in really extenuating circumstances, when do men ever have to be concerned about their internal organs literally starting to fall out!? :haha:

Haha okay, well that's good to know! I've been making up all kinds of patterns, holding for 5 seconds, relaxing for 10, holding for 8, relaxing for 12, etc. Just random. I read that walking helps strengthen pelvic floor muscles so a friend and I have been walking and after every time I feel like my bladder is about to fall out so I'm pretty sure that's more of a preventative thing than treatment for when you already have prolapse lol. I decided not to do any lifting or exercises (other than kegels) until I get a full evaluation.

I'm glad to hear your birth was easier the second time around and the prolapse didn't interfere! My first birth was 17.5 hours and about a half our of pushing, and my second birth was 5 hours and like 10 min of pushing but the second labor was SO MUCH harder than the first because it was so much faster! The whole thing basically felt like transition. It was NUTS. I am hoping that if/when we are delivering baby #3, it's a nice mixture of my first two births, quick, but gradual. And no bladder on the floor, too, while I'm wishing for things :haha:

Fingers crossed we get fairly quick, easy third labours where all our internal organs remain in their correct positions :lol:

The only time I felt like something was in between my legs down there and it just felt weird was when I had BV. No other symptoms wasn't really hurting it just felt swollen. I hope it is something simple for you. I needed antibiotics to clear that up and it was it. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->