ttc without the chart

Very! And a little bit scared. :) Am OV this week sometime; I'm a teeny bit irregular, by a few days either way, so it could be any time from yesterday onwards really. I'm not expecting much the first month, but you never know... :)

im right there with ya. were just gonna do the deed and hope it happens. with my first we didnt chart or watch my cycle just did the deed a lot lol

Hi ladies, I was beginning to think everyone TTC was totally into the temps and charts thing and I clearly wasn't very serious about the whole idea! It's nice to meet some likeminded people :winkwink:

Bucket - I think we are quite similar in attitude and cycle lol! I am also the first of my peer group to settle down - noone knows yet and altho it is quite exciting having this big secret, it's also quite frustrating not having anyone to talk to about it! I think I should be OV sometime this week too :)

lil_angel I am getting overexcited too! And good luck shambaby for your second test! x :dust:

Hi,
I managed to conceive 3 babies without a chart or ov test or anything, just good old fashioned sex!
I am now older and things slow up and so it helps to know whats going on, I fell first month with my first 3 when i was aged 21, 27 and 30, at 34 it took 3 cycles to conceive and that was frustrating because i had found it so easy b4!
I used opk once with my last and fell pg that month, I have been trying now for 6 months and opk's get a look in now as i start feeling a bit useless! I am 36 and I am trying to take it easy, I am not opk'ing this month just plenty of bd and hope! I know it will happen, just need to be patient.
I could not chart anyway, not only am i too lazy but i am up at funny times in the morning for my dd so that can make your temps fluctuate and my chart would be all over the place!

Good luck to everyone, however you are going about it, it just comes down to sperm meets egg!! How bloody hard can it be, and why is it taking me so long!!

:baby:thinkpink xx

hey, bucket, welcome and good luck. fingers crossed it's looking like it may have worked for me - very tentative bfp today! testing again in a few days before we get too excited though.

:dust: to everyone x

OMG shambaby only jus seen this!!!! Have u tested again? Ohhhh im so excited 4 u hun xx :happydance:

Keep us posted

Welcome 2 every1 whos new not had chance 2 come on here much as my LO's have been keepin me veryyyy busy

baby dust 2 every1 xxxx

Hi everyone! Thought i would join you over here, as i too am not temping, charting, or using opks. This is our first month TTC after coming off the pill, so going by my last af, i just worked out when i should ov, as i have regular cycles, and we :sex: as often as we could around that time! Who knows what will happen, but we sure had fun trying this month! I don't want to get tied up with all the charting etc, because i will end up getting obsessed over it and i don't want or need the extra stress. Sure if in the future i find i have problems TTC, then it will be an option, but not right now.

Shambaby, have you tested again??????!!!!!!! Good luck for a stronger :bfp: this time!!! let us know!!

:dust: to everyone :) x

Hi Ladies,
Mind if I join you? I'm the mommy of a DD who's 4yrs and a DS who's 3yrs. My OH and I are TTC #3. We are kinda on a time crunch due to my schooling. I don't want to start the RN program preggo since I can't take maternity leave. So if I don't get pg within the next couple of months we will probably put ttc on hold for a long while.
This is cycle #3 for us and I have charted 1 full cycle last month. I found myself turning into a complete crazy woman. I was absolutely consummed by that chart. I studied it all the time. I probably drove the gals in my group nuts (not to mention DF) and I was soooo stressed out about my temps. Sometimes I think its no wonder I didn't get pg with all the stress I put myself under. My cycles are a bit irregular so opk's would probably be helpful just to give us an idea of when to focus our BD'ing on but the temps are such a hassle. Then they always look promising until mine plunged the morning I woke up to AF. I'm not really into this charting thing so much anymore. Please help girls! Sorry this post is so long just had to vent a bit.

Hello :wave:

I was looking for people like you lot, I was feeling a bit lost today and then came across this thread :)

Can I join please? Pretty please!? xx

firstly, hello to all the new girls, of course you are all very welcome :hi:

secondly, i could have sworn i updated on here, but obviously not - i'm afraid it looks like my 'bfp' was most likely a chemical. i started spotting on thursday afternoon, tested when i got home - bfn - and then the spotting became full-on af :cry: i've been a bit of a blubbering wreck, but i'm feeling a bit better now - i've been on the hugs and dairy milk recovery programme and it's working a treat. hubby has been brilliant, really understanding, and very generous with the hugs, as always. so now we're just waiting for af to sling her hook so we can put this month behind us and get on with the next one. although i'm pretty sure it's never going to be the same again as next time we see a bfp (and i'm trying hard to believe there will be a next time) we won't be able to enjoy it for fear it'll be taken away from us again.

anyway, sorry if i've put a dampener on things. how is everyone else doing? i'd love to hear some good news or happy thoughts :hugs:

So sorry Shambaby. Hugs and PMA to you! Please don't apologize for down spirits, I'm sure we've all had them and will all have more. That's what makes these groups so wonderful. We are all here to listen and support each other.
AFM - I made a delicious roast today with carrots, mashed potatoes, and biscuits. It was soooo yummy! The time change last night has me all whacked out though. DS has a cold and croup so he's under the weather. On a positive note AF is gone so I'm hoping to get me some tonight :shame: lol. Let's get this "O" on the road!!
Hope you are all well this evening! I'll check back tmw.
BTW - What causes a chemical? Sorry I'm just a bit uninformed.

Big cyber :hugs: Shambaby hope ur o.k.

AF has been n gone so lots of :sex: for my lucky DH
How r u all getting on?

:dust::dust:

Hello ladies, so sorry to hear that Shambaby, sending you hugs :hugs:, glad to hear the dairy milk program is working for you. I normally find a little bit of ben & jerry's helps too :flower:

How is everyone doing, what stages are you at this month?? I thought i was roughly OVing this weekend although I really don't have that much of an idea as this is only the 2nd month since coming off the pill so anything could happen! i've just been living by the theory that the more :sex: the better so lets try and do it every day!!! LOL

I woke up today with really sore BBies though... much more sore then I have ever felt before and it's also sore on my chest too & almost to under my arms. They actually hurt rather then just being a bit tender or something like you get before AF is due. I'm trying not too get too excited but it's definitely a bit strange!!

So sorry Shambaby. Hugs and PMA to you! Please don't apologize for down spirits, I'm sure we've all had them and will all have more. That's what makes these groups so wonderful. We are all here to listen and support each other.
AFM - I made a delicious roast today with carrots, mashed potatoes, and biscuits. It was soooo yummy! The time change last night has me all whacked out though. DS has a cold and croup so he's under the weather. On a positive note AF is gone so I'm hoping to get me some tonight :shame: lol. Let's get this "O" on the road!!

thanks, hon. a chemical is basically when you conceive but it never implants, so most people never notice as af just comes maybe a couple of days late. but, because my cycles are long and possibly not settled since stopping bcp i tested first. as for what causes it, there are a number of possibilities - could be something genetically wrong with the bean, could be to do with an abnormality in the uterus, or fibroids, could just be bad luck, probably could be lots of other things i don't know about - i just did a quick search to confirm for myself that's what happened. apparently it's more common with a first conception (as in my case) and is unlikely to happen repeatedly. so fx'd second time lucky.

i have a question now - what are biscuits? over here they are what you call cookies and i can't imagine you had those with a roast dinner!

thanks everyone for your kind words. i'm doing ok, but it's hard at work because no-one knows we're ttc, but people have noticed i'm a bit glum, so they keep asking what's wrong. it's nice they care, but it's hard to get across that i don't want to talk about it without being rude. on the up-side af is on her way out already, so won't be long until :baby:making time. hubby is a bit under the weather at the minute though, so feeding him lots of vitamins and paracetamol to make him healthy again for 'o'time.

lil_miss_pink, sounding good with those sore bbs - hoping for some good news soon

:dust: and :hugs: to everyone x

Hi I use opk's but don't chart, I find it confusing :winkwink:

thanks, hon. a chemical is basically when you conceive but it never implants, so most people never notice as af just comes maybe a couple of days late. but, because my cycles are long and possibly not settled since stopping bcp i tested first. as for what causes it, there are a number of possibilities - could be something genetically wrong with the bean, could be to do with an abnormality in the uterus, or fibroids, could just be bad luck, probably could be lots of other things i don't know about - i just did a quick search to confirm for myself that's what happened. apparently it's more common with a first conception (as in my case) and is unlikely to happen repeatedly. so fx'd second time lucky.

i have a question now - what are biscuits? over here they are what you call cookies and i can't imagine you had those with a roast dinner!

thanks everyone for your kind words. i'm doing ok, but it's hard at work because no-one knows we're ttc, but people have noticed i'm a bit glum, so they keep asking what's wrong. it's nice they care, but it's hard to get across that i don't want to talk about it without being rude. on the up-side af is on her way out already, so won't be long until :baby:making time. hubby is a bit under the weather at the minute though, so feeding him lots of vitamins and paracetamol to make him healthy again for 'o'time.

lil_miss_pink, sounding good with those sore bbs - hoping for some good news soon

:dust: and :hugs: to everyone x

LOL, biscuits are dough baked in the oven. Like flour and water and other dry stuff. Then u put butter on them when they are warm and they are soooo yummy!!!
Thanks for the info on the chemical. I hear about it on here all the time and never had a clear understanding. Hope you're spirits are up :flower:. I totally understand about the job thing. Only a few of my friends at work know I'm ttc. Your sticky :bfp: is coming!
AFM - I finally got me some :sex: Yaaaaahoooo!! DB's work schedule has been so wacky he's been working double shifts and that means he's been :sleep: alot. Come on O day!! If this isn't our month I think I'm just gonna use opks next month. No more temps and charts for me :nope:.
Well girls gotta run to class but I'll stop back later. Hope everyone else is doing well. :hugs:

Hey ladies. Wondered how it's going for everyone now. I'm actually finding NOT charting very stressful. :( Wondering if we did everything in the right place and at the right time is kind of just as annoying as the wondering whether I'm actually pregnant! :) Baby dust to all xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->