TTC & Working Out

BeachyFeelin

Reaction score
I know, it's important to work out all the time. But I gained a few pounds over the holidays and I feel like I need to work extra hard now to get them off.

My questions is, for all you TTC'ers...how often do you work out? And how hard do you push yourself? I do not consider myself overweight, just extra fluffy. I am tall and carry it somewhat well. However, I've been told by my doctor I should lose. In my head, at least 20-30lbs would be ideal.

I'm not even sure if working out heavily will affect anything. But i'm a worry wort! I received the Shaun T 25 min workouts before the holidays and enjoyed doing them. However some of them are really intense and now I'm worried getting back into it (after 2 weeks off) might affect my chances of conceiving in a negative way.

Am I just being silly?

I have been wondering the same .... I would love to loose a bit round the middle so would sit ups and twisting effect the sperms? ?

I have been wondering the same .... I would love to loose a bit round the middle so would sit ups and twisting effect the sperms? ?

Same here - I think I carry all my weight in my middle area! I would hope it wouldn't affect them. Maybe just refrain from heavy exercise the day of and after BD'ing...

As far as I know, working out doesnt negatively affect anything unless its much harder than what you usually do :) but so early in pregnancy, you wont hurt the baby or anything!
I'd operate as though I wasnt pregnant :)

I wonder about this too... my heart rate gets up to 200 bpm, sometimes a little more, when I work out. I mean just biking for 25 minutes and I feel perfectly fine but it seems pretty high. I should probably just ask my doctor but I also think I will continue working out normally and if I get pregnant, see what doc says target heart rate should be. Last month when I thought I was pregnant, I was treating my body like a fragile butterfly, and that is exhausting and pointless. My wise friend pointed out that babies are built to be strong and survive through the toughest of situations.

Thanks for your input ladies! I think I will work out as usual, maybe do the modified exercises if I feel my heart rate going up to high (only because I worry).

I doubt working out will affect TTC...just like exercising while pregnant won't affect your baby. Of course it's always a good thing to check with your doctor first. I worked out my whole pregnancy with my son and I plan on doing the same this time if I do get pregnant. I'm currently doing p90x/ insanity hybrid while TTC. I work out 6 days a week.

I work out every day, alternating cardio and weights with one day off per week. I asked my Dr about it, and she said there was no reason to alter my regiment while ttc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->