TTCAL Chart stalkers thread Graduates - 6 surprises, 7 girls, 3 boys 4 angels

Congrats TB and RMAR!

TRipleB How are you chicka! Adore the avatar pic :)

We're good thanks Min, loving my little girl but she's full of cold at the moment :-(

Your little one is gorgeous, how are you both doing?

xxx

Congrats TB and rmar! :happydance:
:hi: ladies! Triple and Min, I miss you! Beautiful babies btw :D

:wave: Kimmy! Love your avatar pic- he really is gorgeous!
Miss my girls on B and B- seems I get on sporadically!

Awww bless Florence- hope she gets better soon. Serena had a cold a couple of weeks back. She was so brave. Poor thing. Are you giving her Calpol/Olbas oil things?

AFM- not much going on other than watching Serena grow. She is 8lb 15oz today! Treble her birth weight :wohoo:
She had her 12w jabs today too :(
I think once she is around 9-10lb she will be sleeping through the night? Is this right? Are your little ones? She manages a 4-5 hr stretch but nothing like the 6-7 I would like :) Also are you guys in a routine or something....?

back to her- she is stirring.

Hope Florence is feeling a little better Lou.
Well done on trebling birth weight Serena, that is amazing! Hope she didn't suffer too much with her jabs. Wrt sleeping through the night, Archie must weigh near to 19lb an still doesn't STTN, so I think its more on an individual basis than weight. Don't get me wrong, we do well for sleep - goes to bed around 7pm, wakes for feed between 4am and 5am then up for the day around 7am (thats on a good night)
Wrt routine I suppose we are sort of in a routine - as in I know around 2hrs after getting up for the day he'll want his 1st nap of the day then we try to have him in bed as close to 7pm as poss. But his feeds never fall at the same time everyday (depends when he has his early hours feed) and he's still feeding 3 hourly during the day (never done the textbook 4 hourly) Now we've started to introduce solids its messing up the timings yet again so its just trial and error with us :D
Hows your routine with Serena?

We are exactly the same Kimmy - morning nap is fine and we get 10 hours at night but exact timings aren't set, depends on feeds which are roughly 3 hourly. Colds throw that out even more, today she's little and often.

I tried the olbas oil in a bowl of hot water next to her cot last Min and seemed to do the trick. She's got a serious Calpol habit too!

Trebling birth weight is fantastic Min! Not sure if I've said this before but I love the name Serena, so pretty!

Nice to catch up with you girls! xxx

:thumbup: Wow good babies Kimmy and Triple, hope my little man is as good x

hi girls!! :)
thought i would come and say hello and come and check out those gorgeous babies in your avatars!! :happydance:
i am now in the 2nd trimester and loving it!!! :happydance:
xxxx

Congrats Maratobe! Enjoy the bumps! I have already forgotten how mine felt :(

KimmyB and Triple - (ps thanks- Serena means Serene and peace. My middle name and my dads is Shanti- which is also peace) She is pretty good- if I can get her last feed to be around 11-11.30 she goes until around 3.30-4am. Then again around 7-8am. I try to top her up as much as possible in the evening in the hope she will not be up too much during the night.

Like Archie, she needs a nap around 90-120mins after waking- During the afternoon she is up - occasional cat napping. Also like Florence she isnt on a timed feeding during the day- I kinda work around her naps.

We do try and have a bathtime routine but she rarely goes down after it!

triple- Glad the olbas oil helped her. Is she better now :hugs: to her

Back to little one- she seems a little aggy this evening :wacko:

omg mara, 2nd tri already, that has gone so fast!

thankyou for all the congrats!
probably no news anymore that i gave birth lol
5/5/2011 at 10.51pm
it was long and painful!!!
i went in at 8am, by 3pm i still only had 6cm so they broke my waters
then hell broke loose, contractions came very very heavily with little time in between.
after 4 hours i had only moved up 1cm and i was sooooooo tired!!!
asked for epidural, they didn't get me one... 2 hours later OH got angry and told them it had been enough, i needed epi NOW!
15 minutes later all felt better and things moved along very fast (my body was trying to stop the labour or something)
eventually time to push and not long after that (and a little snip) there she was.
some oxygen problems though, she got stressed in the end and her saturation was a bit too low.
they gave me extra oxygen while pushing and gave her some too after she came out.
but once she was on my tummy her levels shot up to 100% as if nothing had happened.

she measured 49.5cm and weighed 3.150kg (6.93lbs... how much is that said in xlbs x oz?)
she kept me up all night after she was born, then slept all day...so it's been hard for me to recover and get the sleep i need.
spent 5 days in hospital (the norm here) and drama drama...no internet!!!!!!!
OH tried to steal it from surrounding networks but it failed lol!

she's a week old today and doing really well!
breastfeeding like a champ, although i'm going to start pumping now too so OH can give her bottles and i can get more sleep at night (also, i was ill before giving birth and somebody with a bug must have visited us bc i'm ill again, which doesn't really help with anything!)

first days after birth were agony bc of the stitches and bc i also had a huge hematoma!
well, still have but at least i can somewhat sit on a chair today!!!
first two days she slept in the big bed with me at the hospital bc of that hehe.
then unfortunatly she was put under the lamp bc her bilirubin levels were a tad bit too high (12.4 and cut off was 12).

ok, is all for now lol

Fab to hear all is well TB and CONGRATULATIONS! Sounds like you did brilliantly and that Aurelie is too - it's all about teamwork! You're a Mummy! xxx

some pictures i uploaded (they're on fb too, so sorry for ppl who have me on there, nothing new here lol)
day 1 (just 12 hours old or so)
https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y291/Shimaey2/DSC02426.jpg

<3 bath time!
https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y291/Shimaey2/CIMG2232.jpg

https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y291/Shimaey2/CIMG2234.jpg

<3 mommy... this is a picture from my first mother's day :happydance:
https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y291/Shimaey2/CIMG2240.jpg

https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y291/Shimaey2/CIMG2238.jpg

in the crib at home (my old crib and my old bedding, hence the 80s look :D)
https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y291/Shimaey2/CIMG2301.jpg

CONGRATS TB!!!:happydance: She is adorable:D I love the pic of you and her... It looks like she is smiling at you! Hope you start feeling better soon

Triple- I also hope little Florence has gotten over her cold.

Mara- we made it into 2nd tri:happydance:

Love all the cute avatar pics everyone!!!

awwww TB she is gorgeous!!! congrats sweety i saw the photos on FB but havent commented yet......you should be sooo proud!! :hugs::hugs:
hoping we did make it to the 2nd trimester YAY!!! :happydance:

Hello Ladies :hi:

Hoping reminded me that this thread existed and encouraged me to come over and announce my news...

As you can see I finally got my :bfp: on Sunday @9dpo, I'm very excited and trying to keep as positive as I can

xxx

Congratulations sparkly.:happydance:

SORRY this is so late but i had a few internet problems the last few days.
So i had my c-section on Saturday and my yellow bump turned pink:cloud9:
She is beautilful, and donig very well. She is 51.1cm long and weighs 8lb 8oz so is the same size as DS2 was when he was born. Everyone is smitten with her.

She is now 3 days old and feeding like a truper.
Ok so my birth story.
We had to get up at 5am to get to the hospital by 6am. Luckily we had the car packed so we just had to get up and get dressed. On arrival at the hospital we got a little lost in all the elevators (cause ther are 3 hospitals all in the one block and interconnected). Anyway we checked in and then had to just wait. At 6:30 i was give some medicine to settle my stomach acid for the op, they also checked my obs and made sure i changed into a gown.

At 7:30 the anethisit came in and informed us that there would be a bit of a wait as Dr Olive had been caught up with another patient. So at 9am we were wheeled to the theatre. So we went into the operating room and DH was allowed to stay with me the whole time which helped me to relax. The Anethisisit was great, she talked me through everything and managed to get the spinal in straight away and it didn't hurt. OGM i was so relieved, especially after one of the nurses said we would be having a different anethisist, which sent me into a panic attack.
When she was pulled out they doctors let DH be one of the first ones to see what she was and he told me. It was beautiful. At 9:26 our little girl came into the world. We have since named her Amelia mary. She is very beautifull and every inch like her brothers and sister. DH got to cut the cord, the first time ever, and even though he said he didn't want to before had he was very excited about it afterwards.

I unfortunatly have a heamotoma on my left side and quite a lot of brusing, but thata because i bruse easily and i bleed more that normal.
So to aid my recovery they put in a drain into the wound, which has helped with limiting the brusing. i'm still in hospital but an managing well (usual stay is about 5 day after a c-section). I had one of the best midwives yesturday which was great cause i had a bit of an emotional day. Unfortunately i'm still waiting for my milk but we are managing through it.

I am walking around and doing well for 3 days post c-section. i do have a sore left hand side. Its quite tender to touch and by 8pm usually causes me a lot of pain, but thats because of the heamatoma on that side. I have pain killers that i am able to take while breast feeding so althoug its sore its not to bad. I gotta go cause Amelia is ready for feeding. :cloud9::baby::cloud9:
DH has posted some photos of FB so hopefully you guys can check them out untill i get home in a few days and am able to put some up.

Awww goodbye Button and hello Amelia!
Congratulations sweetheart, enjoy her! xxxx

Congratulations Sparkly!
And congratulations to you too Mary! You must be over the moon! So glad you had a positive experience with the spinal :) x

Congratulations Mary :happydance: What lovely news, I'll pop over to FB and check out the piccies :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->