• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TTCAL Ectopic Thread

KimmyB

Reaction score
Hi girls

Thought I would start a TTCAL Ectopic thread for all the ladies out there with Ectopic angels.

Here we can share our highs and our lows, our good days and our bad, our worries and our fears.

I'll start, I'm Kimmy :flower:
I got married to my wonderful husband in August '09 and stopped taking the mini pill then. Fell pregnant really quickly, we were over the moon :cloud9: Sadly started bleeding at 5 weeks exactly. Took a few weeks and several stays in hospital plus numerous blood tests and internal scans before a "mass" was seen in my left tube :cry: Ran through our options and decided to have the methotrexate injection. Sadly this didn't work and my tube ruptured on 18th October. I needed emergency surgery to remove the tube and had 800ml of blood free in my abdomen! Luckily just avoided a blood transfusion. Anyhow, after 3 months of healing I am TTC again and have mixed emotions about the fact. I am keen to be pregnant again soon but hate how the innocence has gone :nope:
I have my good days and my bad as I'm sure we all do :flower:

So welcome ladies, pull up a chair, the kettle's boiling!
x

hey kimmy thanks for starting this. I think we should invite the other ladies from the one tubers team I bet they would like it here too.

You know my story but anyone that doesnt I have had two ectopics in the same tube exactly 6 years apart. 1st time was able to save the tube but after it happened again decided to remove it in April 09. Dr checked the other tube and said everything looks fine but also noticed mild endo and a fibroid which she says should not be a problem still not convinced. Also had a few MC inbetween ectopics and since tube removal. So I know I can get pg just gotta figure out how to keep it. I also have PCOS so I am pretty much a wreck and a cliche of infertility. I still have hope it will happen. I am 33 and DH is 35. I also dont know if I will ever be able to get excited when I see another BFP at least not until I know everything will be ok.

Hey Guys,
I had an ectopic removed from my right tube on 3rd of Sept 2009. After waiting the three months to ttc again I got a bfp only to MC at 4w 5d. I dont know if this one made it to the uterus. We are try again and I am around 3dpo!
My left tube had some scarring but the docs said they tried to remove it as much as he could. They have not looked inside as yet.
We are using, Softcups, CBFM, temps, CM monitoring, Preseed, and watching my diet (healthy eating, prenatal tablets, 1.8mg of folic acid.......)
:dust: to us all.. and Kimmy thanks for starting the thread!

Hi hun thanks for this, im terrified of another ectopic, I had a heterotopic loss in November I was 5w on the Monday and 5w 4 days when it was diagnosed.

Started off suspicious when CB digi didnt move after 1 week and tests werent getting darker. Had obscure pain in my shoulder as well. Also a smudgy brown discharge. Went to A&E and spent 6 hours up there !. Had hcg blood tests which came back at 86 (I think) went back Wednesday was 68 then the friday rose to 93 (not exact but somewhere round there) I was called back immediately and scanned twice and a mass was found just outside the left ovary and there was a raised bump in my uterus. At this stage I was bleeding lightly so that was the uterine miscarriage. I had the methotrexate shot on the Friday and went back Mondays and Fridays for 3 weeks to have bloods done etc and AF arrived 31 days later. Took me 28 days exactly to get nil HCG.

I had the ectopic whilst on my first round of Clomid so I am not sure whether or not to blame that.

First AF arrived 31 days later after meth shot, this cycle last 17 days ! Had another AF and this lasted 31 days and im now on CD8 of 3rd cycle and ready to go this cycle. Im doing it without Clomid this cycle so not sure when I will ovulate but am just using Agnus Castus, 2mg Folic Acid and 75mg Aspirin. Also temping and using Clear Blue Monitor.

I have further fertility clinic appointment on 11th February to discuss further treatment and hoping at this stage the care plan will be signed off, i have been recommended for post ovulation progesterone and HCG shots to boost implantation.

I also have another Recurrent Miscarriage appointment on 10th February to discuss further treatment and I think this will be for when I do get a sticky bean as most of my tests have come back negative (chromosomes etc) except blood clotting disorder which I have tested positive for. Im hoping its just a case of clexane etc when I do get PG.

So its all happening and im now looking forward, I dont feel as negative if it doesnt happen as i have been pregnant 3 times in a year it just means I have to try harder to make it stick !!

But I must admit I am scared of another ectopic !

hi,my name is cath....i joined this forum a wee while ago but hav'nt posted much!!
i got my bfp in august last year after having the mirena coil removed 5 months b4 which resulted in a ruptured ectopic and the loss of my left tube :cry:
we were told 2 wait 3 months 2 try again...so on january 18th we got another bfp at 10dpo we were over the moon :happydance:
this wasn't confirmed with a dr until wednesday past (27th) in the morning,and in the afternoon i had a small bleed and was taken 2 the local hospital 2 b scanned and nothing was on the screen :cry: they thought it was because i was early on so they done a blood test which came back at 97 so this got repeated 2day as they could,nt rule out if it was another ectopic or a miscarriage :cry:
i recieved a phone call 2nyt 2 say that my levels had dropped to 54 so it turns out that the small bleed i had was infact a miscarriage...we are totally devasted!! iv'e 2 go 4 another blood test on monday 2 make sure that its still dropping if not dropped 2 below 10!
sorry if this is long,jst had 2 get it out as i don't hav any1 2 talk 2...i usually speak 2 my big sister,but her 17yr old daughter is 4months pregnant and i feel that...wel im not really sure how i feel...my head is kinda up my back end at moment!!
jst dont know what 2 do...we r obviously wanting 2 try again,jst not sure when!!
wel thanx 4 reading and i think i wil b on here more often as its a lovely forum full of lovely ladies, cath xx

Welcome ladies :hugs:

Amy - I cannot imagine what it must be like to have 2 ectopic pregnancies (I know how much I'm scared of having another) Don't lose hope hun, you are such an inspiration to the ladies on this forum. For all you've been through you are always there to lend a sympathetic ear despite your own problems. You are a lovely lady who should be right at the top of the list for a sticky bean! :hugs:

Minimin - :hugs: for your miscarriage also hun. What a double blow. But you sound like you've got it all under control and are doing everything in your power to help things, good for you! I'm sure your sticky bean is just around the corner. Fingers crossed for this cycle and :babydust:

Fluffyblue - You have been through such a lot hun :hugs: It is such an inspiration to see that you've not lost hope, keep it up, it WILL happen it WILL happen! Bless you for going through all that pain. Keep looking forward hun and you know we're here if you need support.

Cath - So sorry for all you've been through :hugs: this forum is brilliant for support so stick around. Anytime you need to vent we are here with a sympathetic ear (we know what you're going through and so can relate) I hope your levels drop quickly (meant in the nicest possible way) then you can start to try and get back to some kind of normality (if thats possible after everything).

x

Hi girls thanks for the welcome Kim.

What are the chances of another ectopic after having one?

Hey Fluffy blue- from what I understand they give us a general 10% chance but this is not taking into considerations things such as PID, ENDO, MC, Other tube- I think the ectopic trust has some more information on this.

Remember though- we still have 90% chance to get beanie in the right place and have a H and H 9 mnths.

- How are you ladies today- just had reiki and reflexology and now waaayyy too chillaxed!

:hugs:

Minimin

- How are you ladies today- just had reiki and reflexology and now waaayyy too chillaxed!

:hugs:

Minimin

:thumbup: Wow sounds impressive minimin! How does all that work? Think I could do with something to chill me out big time, not having an easy time of it lately. Everything seems to be going wrong in the house all at the same time :nope: I'm not good at dealing with stress and have just spent the last hour tidying and crying all at the same time :wacko: I've calmed down a little now though :blush: (Probably all made worse as af hormones making me crazy!)

Hubby is cooking tea whilst I'm laid out on the settee now :haha:

Ooo ooo my news to day is that I ordered a CBFM!! I mulled it over and decided that I NEEDED it :rofl: (Couldn't really afford it but hubby said what the hell, if it helps I'd take out a second mortgage!:rofl:)
x

Hey KimmyB- well you stay on the couch and let DH do the cooking- you are lucky he can cook. My DH can just about make toast!

Reiki was my first session-cleaned my chakra's and restored their balance. She was spot on with it as well. I have also been reading the Infertility Cure by Dr Randine Lewis. In this book there is a questionaire to fill out which gives you an idea of what your constitution is- Balancing Chakra- with things like reflexology, Reiki or acupuncture is meant to help overall balance in the body. I started out with just massage and then started reading this book i saw the ladies on the TCM thread talking about. Makes for interesting reading!

CBFM are great! Expensive but worth it. I would definitely recommend it. Are you alos monitoring eg. BBT and CM?

Hope you have a chillaxing evening!!!! :hugs:

Sounds very interesting Minimin, I'll have to look into it. We're supposed to be going to a party tonight but still not decided whether to go or not...

Wrt monitoring I have been checking CM but not been temping. To be honest I just don't understand how it works or how to read charts etc, all looks very complicted :wacko:
x

I have only been monitoring temps since Dec- I dont know much either but it is one of the only ways to know for sure you have Ovulated. Basically Fertility Friend website can explain the basics if you want to look into it. I think you have to do a few cycles before it can "predict" ovulation- but I use my CBFM for that. You will also have to get a thermometer that reads to two decimal places. I got mine from Amazon for a few quid!

Have you decided on going out? I seem to have been off "the going out" atm. I dont know why??
Did you get a tasty tea?
well back to facebook! LOL
enjoy your evening!

minimin

Hi girlies. :flower:

Thanks for setting this thread up Kimmy. Its good to talk!

My story is that I had a m/c in Oct 08 at 12 weeks then luckily fell pregnant again quite quickly in Dec 08. I started having weak brown spotting on Chritmas Eve and then soon after was having pain in my abdomin and to the left. At about 6 weeks the pain was so bad that I actually threw up. Hubby took me to hospital in the middle of the night where I went through some painful examinations and was told to come back in the morning for a scan. The scan showed a mass in the left tube and I was scheduled in for an op. Unfortunately I waited so long because of other emergencies that my left tube ruptured. Not that I was expecting them to preserve the tube but it was a really scary and painful experience which could have been avoided as I was in hospital for about 36 hours before they operated!

I have been suffering from depression lately which in a nut shell is a result of the mc and ep and then having to deal with a whole load of shit at work whilst I was still recovering mentally and feeling very fragile. I am hopefully coming out the other side now.

I worry about my remaining tube and having another ep. It really scares me and I am sad that I associate pregnancy with danger. I just want to be able to be carefree about it but I cant.

We are TTC and hopefully everything will turn out ok.

Sorry for long post! Best wishes and hugs to all you lovely ladies. xxxxx

Hi girls I use CBFM and chart my temps I also use OPK for reassurance around ovulation !

Minimin I decided to make myself go to the party and it was actually OK (meant I didn't mope around the house feeling sorry for myself :rofl:) Tea was a yummy curry, shame I didn't have room for buffet at the party though! And don't talk to me about facebook...I spend half my time on there and the other on here! Crazy! I've looked at those BBT thermometers on amazon and they're not expensive so maybe I'll invest in one of those too? And try to teach myself how to do it properly. At the moment I'm in a "taking charge" kinda phase so I think it could only help me :wacko:

Welcome Zero :flower: You are always welcome here :hugs: I hope you are coming out the other side. I can relate to the depression thing (i've suffered on and off for a few years and prior to the ectopic had tried a couple of medications to help-I'm now off those though) I hope your black cloud is lifting slightly and you can start to look forward hun, you've had a rough ride.

Fluffyblue how do you find the CBFM? I'm excited to get my new toy :haha:
x

Hi ladies,
Some of you know me from the one tuber thread.
My story is DH and started ttc no3 (his 2nd, my 3rd) just before our wedding in 2008. I had a m/c in May 09 after 9months ttc (not sure where it was most likely ectopic of unknown location due to the BHCG levels but it failed on its own) I was very lucky to concieve again In July 09. Very soon into the pregnancy the BHCG levels were going down so I knew pregnancy loss was inevitable. A scan showed nothing really possibly an empty gestation sac. I had the scan because of left sided pain (corpeous luteum was on the right side) The Gyno said I was barely pregnant and to stop ttc and it will happen. A week later I did a HPT as I felt pregnant and was surprised it was a strong BFP. I had just started bleeding and that went on for 8days (not like a m/c though more pink mucous and not painful like a m/c) I was transferred to ED with the same left sided pain only to be told I had a complete m/c and nothing could be done. Back and forth to the Drs and nothing really came of it. Almost 4weeks later another HPT that showed a dark BFP, still left sided pain and shoulder tip pain I went to the Dr and demanded a repeat BHCG. I had it done at work and got the results within an hr which were 6000. 3weeks earlier they were 61. I knew that instant that my pregnancy was ectopic. I couldn't leave work (I was working in the special care nursery) once I finished I went and sat in ED ( same hospital where I work) and said I was confident I have an ectopic pregnancy. I was treated like shiat and eventually 6hr later sitting in the ED had a scan that revealed ectopic pregnancy in my right tube (I had the left sided pain for 4weeks by then)
As my BHCG was rising so quickly and the size of the pregnancy (just over 8weeks) I had emergency surgery to remove my whole tube which was splitting but hadn't ruptured. What was suppose to take them 1hr took over 3hrs and been in recovery was even longer. I had complications from the anaethetic. I spent a further 2days in hospital. The surgery also revealed I had endo and PID something that came as a huge shock as I haven't had an STD before and thats the main reason to get it. Surgery was Sep 09.
In Nov I had a lap and dye which showed my remaining tube is open. Its covered in adhesions from the endo and PID. Its now been 3months ttc again and so far nothing.
The Gyno said to ttc for another 3months and if no pregnancy we will start IVF. DH also has sperm issues which has contributed to my past m/c's. So here I am desperate to get pregnant again and feeling like its not going to happen.
SIL is almost 6months pregnant with no3 and she started ttc with her 2nd when we started. It feels like the biggest kick in the guts that most people concieve so quickly and here we are almost 2yrs later and still no baby or pregnancy. Thats what I am finding it hard to deal with plus the strain its putting on DH and my marriage. It certainly hasn't made us stronger it feels like the infertility and pregnancy losses is actually tearing us apart.
I am currently 2DPO. I don't expect this will be it but I wish it was lol I am really praying for a 2010 baby.

I'm praying for you too Olivia. Like I will have said the first time I read your story I can't believe how badly you were treated when you had a life threatening condition! fingers crossed for you this month. I'm currently CD3 so a long way to go :rofl: wish I could zap forward to ovulation!

How are we all this morning? I've got 2 days off work now so I'm happy :happydance:
x

Fluffyblue how do you find the CBFM? I'm excited to get my new toy :haha:
x

I have been using it since July and its helped me get two BFP (ok not sticky ones but nevertheless).

I think its ace although can be expensive and after the peak its like "ok what do I do now"

Hi ladies,
The Gyno said to ttc for another 3months and if no pregnancy we will start IVF. DH also has sperm issues which has contributed to my past m/c's. So here I am desperate to get pregnant again and feeling like its not going to happen.
SIL is almost 6months pregnant with no3 and she started ttc with her 2nd when we started. It feels like the biggest kick in the guts that most people concieve so quickly and here we are almost 2yrs later and still no baby or pregnancy. Thats what I am finding it hard to deal with plus the strain its putting on DH and my marriage. It certainly hasn't made us stronger it feels like the infertility and pregnancy losses is actually tearing us apart.
I am currently 2DPO. I don't expect this will be it but I wish it was lol I am really praying for a 2010 baby.

Aww hunni what a dreadful story you surely have been through the mill.

I know that desperation feeling, 5 losses and im still trying but ive relaxed a little now and realised that hubby and kids I have now are more important as we nearly split after my 3rd MC.

Just a question, i dont know if you are in UK if so would you do IVF privately if u are in us just ignore that lol !

I am a believer and it will happen for you xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"