• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TTCAL Ectopic Thread

Kimmy- enjoy your days off hon!

I have used a CBFM as well but have decided that the added stress of will I get a peak? (didn't always happen) was not helping me. We do the not really trying but not using contraception approach and just make sure we get a few :sex: sessions in around mid cycle. I think we were also putting ourselves under too much pressure and as much as I would like a baby, my marriage means more to me.

:hugs: to all you lovely ladies.

I do also worry about the pressure part...But as long a DH is game then I am. At the moment he is as desperate as me lol. But I'll just play it by ear. If the CBFM makes things strained then i'll just give it up as a bad job. Like I said though I just want to do whatever possible. Now I've only got one tube I do worry my body isn't like the first time I fell pregnant. I'm sure we all have that worry
x

Kimmy - I think I was one of those people that just didn't get on that well with the CBFM. Most people find them really useful as I am sure you will hon.

I just find that I can tell by what my body is doing whether I am close to ovulation or not so for now I will stick to that method.

I am just a bit of a worry guts at the mo so I would just worry more when it (CBFM) was mucking me about!!!

Good luck with it- they are good bits of kit! xx

Thanx Zero, I hope it helps but like you said there are no guarentees :wacko: I'll let you know how I get on when it arrives :thumbup:

I'm currently CD3 and it is draaaaaaginnnngggg :(
x

fluffyblue I am in Australia. I am pretty sure Australia is much more accessable and affordable then the UK. No priority is given for people that already have children vs no children its all about if you can afford it and meeting the required guidelines like criminal records checks etc I don't think you even have to prove infertility. Its actually more of a business to make money over non profit. I am going to go private which is about 3 times the amount as public but it cuts the waiting list down dramatically (like years) and it also means a higher success rate and no medical students and registrars playing guinea pig on you. Not sure the conversion rate between the Australian dollar and Uk but I am looking at around $8000-$9000 for a stimulated cycle and my private health insurances refunds part of the cost. They have given us a fairly good likelyhood of success due to our age and previous fetility. Can only hope they are right or even better we don't have top go that way. We always wanted a large family (5-6kids) so as crazy as this is I feel like I am grieving for the lose of my future of fertility. We now just pray for one more and pray that will come and heal some of the pain we have been through in the last 2years.

Welcome ladies :hugs:

Amy - I cannot imagine what it must be like to have 2 ectopic pregnancies (I know how much I'm scared of having another) Don't lose hope hun, you are such an inspiration to the ladies on this forum. For all you've been through you are always there to lend a sympathetic ear despite your own problems. You are a lovely lady who should be right at the top of the list for a sticky bean! :hugs:

Minimin - :hugs: for your miscarriage also hun. What a double blow. But you sound like you've got it all under control and are doing everything in your power to help things, good for you! I'm sure your sticky bean is just around the corner. Fingers crossed for this cycle and :babydust:

Fluffyblue - You have been through such a lot hun :hugs: It is such an inspiration to see that you've not lost hope, keep it up, it WILL happen it WILL happen! Bless you for going through all that pain. Keep looking forward hun and you know we're here if you need support.

Cath - So sorry for all you've been through :hugs: this forum is brilliant for support so stick around. Anytime you need to vent we are here with a sympathetic ear (we know what you're going through and so can relate) I hope your levels drop quickly (meant in the nicest possible way) then you can start to try and get back to some kind of normality (if thats possible after everything).

x

Kimmy,
thanks so much you are awesome too. We will all get our BFP's and get through this journey together.

Hi girls thanks for the welcome Kim.

What are the chances of another ectopic after having one?

Fluffy,
I to have hear the chance after one is very low. But once you have two the chance greatly increased this is why my doctor and I decided to just remove the bad tube for fear it would keep happening. Now I am back to a normal chance of it happening in my good tube.

Hi Kimmy & all--

Thanks for starting this thread. My husband and I have been TTC our first since getting married in July 2009. We're both 30. I had a likely chemical pg in August 2009, and then an ectopic--with emergency surgery & the loss of my right tube--the day before Thanksgiving 2009. Doc told us my left tube looks good, and to wait about a month, until my first regular cycle, to start trying again, so we'd been trying again for the first time this January.

And it seems to have possibly worked already--just today I have what looks like a faint positive! (Home test.) I am so scared of having another ectopic, but keeping fingers crossed and reading all the hopeful stories on here. We figure we'll wait and test again in a couple days--AF actually isn't due for 2 more days--before calling the doc and scheduling hcg tests. Does this sound like an OK plan? Any advice, or just good thoughts, appreciated...

Hi Kimmy & all--

Thanks for starting this thread. My husband and I have been TTC our first since getting married in July 2009. We're both 30. I had a likely chemical pg in August 2009, and then an ectopic--with emergency surgery & the loss of my right tube--the day before Thanksgiving 2009. Doc told us my left tube looks good, and to wait about a month, until my first regular cycle, to start trying again, so we'd been trying again for the first time this January.

And it seems to have possibly worked already--just today I have what looks like a faint positive! (Home test.) I am so scared of having another ectopic, but keeping fingers crossed and reading all the hopeful stories on here. We figure we'll wait and test again in a couple days--AF actually isn't due for 2 more days--before calling the doc and scheduling hcg tests. Does this sound like an OK plan? Any advice, or just good thoughts, appreciated...

Welcome clv10! So sorry to hear of your ectopic but massive congrats on the new pregnancy!! I can imagine that it is a very exciting yet very scary time for you. I would say you have got the right idea with the plan, retest in a coupla days then get in with the doctor for hcg bloods. It is so important to get those. I am so happy for you and hope this bean found it's way and is super sticky!

keep us updated hun
x

Hi everyone

I had an ectopic in October last year and lost my left fallopian tube as it had ruptured. I have read several times (including on this thread), that many ladies have suffered an ectopic after the mirena coil. I also had the mirena coil removed in June last year, and was wondering if that was maybe the reason why it happened.

Anyway, I have recently had my :bfp: so I am absolutely thrilled (as well as nervous that it will happen again in my right tube). I've got a doctors appointment on Wednesday afternoon, so hopefully they'll be able to arrange an early scan appointment for me. (Not that they'll see much until about 7 weeks, but at least they can check that it's not in my tube).

Anyway, good luck to everyone.

Jo xx

Josie FXXX for you let us know how it goes on Wed.

Congrats Jo! So nice to hear success stories after ectopic, please keep us updated and good luck for your appt!
x

Josie, sounds like we are in the exact same boat! Congrats and good luck; keep us updated later this week & I'll do the same. :happydance:

Kimmy, thanks for the support & advice! Keeping my hopes up...

Hi all--

Jo, wondering how you are coming along? I had blood drawn on Thursday and my hcg was at 294; now husband & I are on the edge of our seats till the 2nd test tomorrow, then an early ultrasound scheduled for Friday.

I seem to have actual pregnancy symptoms this time around--among other things, bloated like crazy and have to pee constantly :laugh2: --plus no bleeding, whereas with the ectopic I didn't even know I was pregnant in part because I had what I thought were 2 normal periods. So I am cautiously optimistic...

Hi havent posted for a while im 4 dpo at the min according to FF ovulated really early but didnt miss the BD opportunity, am scared stiff of another ectopic could even cope with a chemical but not an ectopic !!

clv10 good luck for your bloods tomorrow! Drop in and let us know how you get on. How far along are you now? I remember my hcg was only 21 at 5 weeks so 294 sounds brilliant!

Fluffyblue I know what you mean about being scared about another ectopic, it really is my biggest fear. Good luck to you for this cycle tho hun :thumbup:

Ladies, I agree, another ectopic is the scariest, especially with only one tube left! Thinking good thoughts for all of us.

Kimmy, many thanks! I was 294 at just a little over 4 wks, which as far as I've researched is right exactly "average"--which made me happy but then again it seems like average doesn't mean much, as the range at that point is something like 10-500. More important will be if the blood drawn this morning has gone up to around 1200 (quadrupled from Thurs) like it's supposed to! I should hear tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed...

clv10 I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you hun x

Having another ectopic is so scary. But so rare from everything I have read that is why after it happened twice in the same tube I opted to just have the tube removed. I couldnt go through that pain one more time.

CLV FXXX for you hunni.

Thanks for the support everyone! Hcg went up to 2700, which the nurse said was "great." Still pretty nervous about the ultrasound on Fri, but we're beginning to come around to the idea that we might be successfully pregnant! More soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->