• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TTCAL Ectopic Thread

Eek CLV how brilliant is that! I really have everything crossed for Friday for you hun :happydance:
x

Thanks for the support everyone! Hcg went up to 2700, which the nurse said was "great." Still pretty nervous about the ultrasound on Fri, but we're beginning to come around to the idea that we might be successfully pregnant! More soon.

Yay awesome numbers cant wait to hear how Friday goes.

Hope for Team One Tubers!! :happydance:

Sonogram this morning showed everything in the right place--AND the doc saw the corpus luteum on my right side, meaning that's the side the egg came from, even though that's the tube I lost. It traveled over and down the left tube, apparently. Things find a way.

Thinking lots of good thoughts for all of you!

Oh my god CLV what brilliant news, you have given me so much hope!! Please keep in touch, let us know how your pregnancy is going. When are you due?

hi there im new to "ttcal" :flower: i just thought i'd say how i felt i was the only one with the bad luck ......... i had a m/c and an ectopic preg in june last year (09) at the same time....my angles were twins and i actually made it to 8 weeks with the baby alive and growing but in my left tube......i was really poorly after it ruptured so i had to have it removed:cry:...... i did then go on to fall pregnant in the oct 09 and made it to 9 weeks and sadly lost my angle again:cry: i want to try again and have just had the implant out....but ppl are so neg saying that it's all happened because my body cant take it....is this right? i feel i can deal with being pregnant emotionally but scared my body cant.....so mixed up......just thought i'd share my story with u all :hugs:...... :dust: to u all
nicky xxxxx

:hi: nicky!

so sorry for your losses :hugs: Don't listen to anyone saying your body can't take it, what a load of rubbish! Unfortunately the statistics aren't that good (1 in 4 pregnancies end in miscarriage which I think is shockingly high). Chances are there is nothing atall "wrong" with your body, and I know this won't make you feel better but it's probably a massive load of bad luck. Hopefully next time will be you turn for a healthy, sticky bubs. Keep in touch, we're a friendly bunch and are here to support fellow one tubers x

thanks for ur kind words and i know it will happen i just dont want the heartache over again :( fingers crossed for sticky beans :) xxxxxx

thanks for ur kind words and i know it will happen i just dont want the heartache over again :( fingers crossed for sticky beans :) xxxxxx

I know what you mean about the heartache hun (although you seem to have had more than your fair share :cry:) We'll keep our fingers crossed for sticky beans all round :flower: x

I know what you mean about the heartache hun (although you seem to have had more than your fair share :cry:) We'll keep our fingers crossed for sticky beans all round :flower: x

we will do mate....keeping going is the only way.. and yeah a ruff year last year all round! fx 3rd time lucky :) xxxxx
take care xxx

Hope for Team One Tubers!! :happydance:

Sonogram this morning showed everything in the right place--AND the doc saw the corpus luteum on my right side, meaning that's the side the egg came from, even though that's the tube I lost. It traveled over and down the left tube, apparently. Things find a way.

Thinking lots of good thoughts for all of you!

Clv that is awesome. Give us so much hope that it can happen each month just like any other person with two tubes.

Nicky, like Kimmy says, please don't feel like anything is wrong with you--as we all know that's very easy to do after something like this happens, but it really is almost always dumb luck (...or lack thereof) with ectopics, miscarriages, and a bunch of other things. Please keep your hopes up!

Still can't believe my dumb luck that this one seems to have stuck, so far. I've been doing a lot of knocking on wood! Kimmy, it looks like I'll be due early Oct, but I have a 2nd sonogram scheduled for 2 Fridays from now and am expecting to get more of an "official" due date from the doc then. By then I'll be at 7 1/2 wks and hopefully able to get the heartbeat, fetal pole and all--then this'll seem more real. :winkwink:

Attaching a pic from sonogram 1 (5 wks, 2 days)...

Attachments

• in utero edit.jpg
    in utero edit.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 4

we will do mate....keeping going is the only way.. and yeah a ruff year last year all round! fx 3rd time lucky :) xxxxx
take care xxx

And I do think 3rd time's the charm... Had what we're pretty sure was a chemical pg last August, then the ectopic in November, and now #3 is looking good!

clv thanx for keeping us updated, I get so excited for your posts! Scan pic is fabby! Can't wait to see the next one :wink: Keeping everything crossed for your H&H 9months!

As for me I'm 3dpo and keeping my fingers crossed, hoping some of your babydust has rubbed off on me clv!

Hi ladies....Can I join in? 2009 was a terrible year for me and DH so I thought 2010 had to be better, but boy am I being proved wrong so far! I am 37 and DH is 43 and we are still trying for our first. I had a MMC at 12 weeks in July, baby died at 8 weeks. My second loss was around 7 weeks in November and the baby just never really developed. Both losses I had a D&C because my body for some reason would not cooperate :( When I got my BFP in January, I was excited but of course very nervous. I had symptoms in the beginning (I found out very early- 3+4) but then those went away except for my sore boobs. I started thinking, here we go, just like my 2nd loss. But my boobs kept getting more sore each day so I was trying my best to be positive. But call it intuition or something, I just knew it was an ectopic pregnancy. My biggest clue was I was not feeling any stretching/pulling/cramping in my uterus like I did with my first pregnancy. I went to the doctor at exactly 5 weeks and she actually did an ultrasound, which I was shocked about, because I knew nothing could really be seen that early. Right then and there she sent me to the ER for them to take my beta levels. I knew then it was not good. They prepped me for surgery and waited on my levels. Well, they were at 9,000 and of course nothing was seen in my uterus. So I was whisked away to surgery where the baby and a chunk of my left tube was removed. I was bleeding so much she just focused on getting the bleeding stopped and me out of surgery. She also found endo and fibroids, but I have not talked to her about how bad it is. Guess I will do that on my follow up checkup this week. I know I am rambling, but it feels so good to be able to share all this with ladies that have actually experienced this. Something crazy I am feeling- it was my left tube that was operated on, but my right side is the one that's painful--so weird. Is that normal????

Anyway- thanks everyone for listening! And Clv- thanks for sharing your story- now I will be stalking you!! :)

:hi: Amos, sorry for your losses :hug:

I'm glad you found us - it's always nice to get support from ladies who have been through the same thing. Let us know how your follow up appointment goes. And when you feel ready to try again we'll be here - I know losing a tube throws up a whole load of other fertility worries (well it does for me!) But look at CLV! Ovulated from tubeless side and is pregnant! That story gives us so much hope!

Wrt the pain in your right side I'm unsure...I can't actually remember feeling pain in the opposite side (then again I had a small Caesarean incision coz my tube had ruptured and there was too much blood to remove it through the laparoscopy - so I just felt pain in all different locations - is this the same for you?)

thanks ladies :) ur all so kind i wont give up hope and neither should any1 else.....i tube is as good as two :) i fell pregnant really soon after loosing my twins and i think ppl asumed that i "just wanted to get preg again" and that i wasnt really bothered at what iv been through if u know what i mean :glowmad:i WAS bothered i didnt realise and it was a shock when i found out in oct 09 that i was preg again..... but VERY much wanted baby! and they dont seem to realise that we DO want another one to add to our family and its not just trying to prove i CAN get pregnant...if that makes sence.....sorry about the rant ...i only get to let off steam at the OH lol thanks for listening and ur kind comments

clv10 : good on ya gal....i hope u have a happy and healthy 9 months......well done hunni xxxxx

Hi Girls for those who had methotrexate do you think it can affect your fertility for a while, I had mine in November and finally nil HCG on 27th November?

Hi Girls for those who had methotrexate do you think it can affect your fertility for a while, I had mine in November and finally nil HCG on 27th November?

Hi fluffyblue, I'm sorry I'm not sure about that. I had methotrexate 8th Oct and HCG finally got to below 8 mid nov. We began trying again 1st January so I guess we'll just have to wait and see if it has affected my fertility - I'm hoping not :wacko:

hey all u lovely ladies hope you dont mind i have just found this website and i had to join feel so low i had an ectopic in sep 2008 and still ttc my right tube was removed and the left has scar tissue so i was told, i am due today for my period which i know is coming :( any tips and advise to get me through the day xxx i am very knew to all this and trying to learn the slang i have no one to talk to so i just have to hope. i have been to my doctor to see if there is anything to help me!! but im only 23 so says there is nothing to worry about and there is pleanty of time.
doesnt make me feel any better though x

:hi: babys4becky, glad you found us! We know what you're going through and can give you support whenever you need it :hugs:

I'm sorry your doctor wasn't very helpful - surely 17 months of TTC after ectopic is plenty to qualify for some tests or help? sorry I'm no expert on this but I'm sure some of the other girls will come along to advise. Perhaps get a second opinion? I'm also 23 so it seem we have quite a bit in common :flower: I hope AF doesn't turn up and you get your sticky bean, keep in touch x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->