Tumble dryer

I didn't have one when DD was born but we struggled as she was born in winter and clothes took days to dry. So we bought a dryer. It broke in the summer and we've done without since. But as winter is coming up again and new baby will be here, we are going to buy another. So for us, necessary in winter, not so much in summer. It took 2 days for a pair of socks to dry the other day :/

I have one and love it. In the summer I line dry but ds is nearly three and hasn't wet through to a sheet in years, I only wash them in the normal weekly bed wash. I remember with new borns, a wet patch here, a poo explosion there, five outfits a day somedays, a bit of spit up all over the gro bag, I was very pleased to have one!
I'm uk, you can't really line dry here in the Autumn/Winter. I did used to use a dehumidifier in a room with an airer too.

Sorry being nosey in here.

We got one before my first was born and i'd have been lost without it.

She was born in November and I couldn't get things dry on clothes horses quick enough to keep up with the washing.

There are a good few things I don't tumble dry (bras/some underwear etc) but otherwise I stick it on a clothes horse overnight and chuck it in the drier in the morning when I put the next load on.

I could live without it but find living in the UK with the unpredictable weather it's really helpful.

I love my tumble dryer, I couldn't be without it in the winter, certainly not with bedding and towels (although I use it for a lot more than that). Some people think I'm insane as we didn't have room in the kitchen for one so I got rid of the dishwasher for it, to me it's more valuable than a dishwasher. My SIL does have one of those heated airer things though as she doesn't have space for a tumble dryer and she finds that okay.

I use ours pretty often because it's there but if we didn't have it I'd just have to make do. With 1 kid it wouldn't have been too bad but the laundry from 2 feels never ending! The weather is so unpredictable here in the UK and I'm not keen on drying everything indoors cos if the heating wasn't on the dampness in the air caused mould in our old house even with ventilation.

Yes we've got one, I don't think babies are too much of a problem, they don't create loads of washing, but I have 2 boys soon to be 3 and I do at least 2 loads a day..with pants, socks and school uniform the tumble dryer is a necessity to us.i only use it if I have to though - if it's sunny I hang the washing outside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->