Turning 31, TTC #1- would love a TTC buddy!

Thejoie-
I started looking at this thread because we have similar backgrounds. I turned 31 today and married earlier this year (later than most my friends). I was too busy with my life accomplishments to worry about finding a guy. I actually only ever dated and kissed my husband because I didn't want to waste time being with someone I wasn't sure of at the beginning.
Anyway, the reason I posted...I noticed you are 6 weeks along but like to exercise. I've been so worried about exercise messing with implantation so I took a break from my runs (usually run 3 mile intervals everyday). Did you continue (and do) intense exercising while trying or did you stick to moderate?

I run 4 miles 3-5 days a week still and still lift weight. I'm not quite as fast as I was before but I have consistently stuck with it. I have read a lot on it and it seems that as long as you've been active you can continue your exercise regimen as you were before as long as you listen to your body and go at a pace that's appropriate. You want to be able to have a conversation while running... make sure you stay hydrated and aren't too hot and you'll be all set!

I guess I should post a general question. I def can't hold a conversation when I do my intervals. Though, I'm thinking the answer is going to be stick to moderate for a while...

Thejoie-
I started looking at this thread because we have similar backgrounds. I turned 31 today and married earlier this year (later than most my friends). I was too busy with my life accomplishments to worry about finding a guy. I actually only ever dated and kissed my husband because I didn't want to waste time being with someone I wasn't sure of at the beginning.
Anyway, the reason I posted...I noticed you are 6 weeks along but like to exercise. I've been so worried about exercise messing with implantation so I took a break from my runs (usually run 3 mile intervals everyday). Did you continue (and do) intense exercising while trying or did you stick to moderate?

I run 4 miles 3-5 days a week still and still lift weight. I'm not quite as fast as I was before but I have consistently stuck with it. I have read a lot on it and it seems that as long as you've been active you can continue your exercise regimen as you were before as long as you listen to your body and go at a pace that's appropriate. You want to be able to have a conversation while running... make sure you stay hydrated and aren't too hot and you'll be all set!

I guess I should post a general question. I def can't hold a conversation when I do my intervals. Though, I'm thinking the answer is going to be stick to moderate for a while...

Until you're actually pregnant you can do whatever you want. After- you get tired more easily so it definitely puts the limit on you by itself hahaha!!

Perky- yay!!! Monday can't come soon enough!!

I hope you ladies don't mind me jumping in!

I will be turning 30 next year, on CY3 of TTC #1.

Perky - your chart is looking really good! I would have tested 100 times by now :lol:

Welcome tzb!!! Where are you in your cycle?

Thejoie congrats on your bean! How exciting.

I am CD11, with a positive OPK today! I usually O on day 11-12. I'm happy that our first official TTC cycle (we haven't been preventing since August) I'm Oing over a weekend, at least we aren't too exhausted to BD :lol:

Thank you!! That's so exciting!

Good luck catching that egg!! Next is the beloved 2 week wait!!!

Thanks Joie! I know!!! Omg, I never would want to hurry the weekend along, but this is a special circumstance.

Praying for the best! Thanks for sharing my excitement. Irrespective of how this cycle turns out I am grateful for having you all to encourage me along the way. I've had 2 meltdowns (we won't count the "others" lol) and you all were there. God bless you all!

Also, tzb welcome! This is a lucky thread for sure so we will be rooting for you this cycle!!! Happy bding! What's your game plan?

Perky, is this your first cycle? I'm so anxious for you.

Game plan for now is keep my neurosis in check! I'm very regular, no health problems on either side...so I'm hoping by good scheduling we get pregnant in the next 2-3 months. If nothing happens by Feb/March, I'll start regular temping. I have 0 patience and I'm a planning freak, I just don't know how long this will take.

DH has some issues finishing sometimes (performance anxiety?) but so far he's been doing great...I just don't want those issues to resurface if we don't get pregnant soon.

Perky- I was the same way!! I was up several times a night and it was horrible. One more day and we will know! I can't believe it!! I have such a good feeling about this for you!!! It's such a torturous process....

Tzb- patience is not a skill I possess either. It's excruciating with the planning and waiting and "what if"

Perky you truly have a cheering section here! I keep checking everyday to see if you POAS early lol you have willpower! Fxed for tomorrow! Can't wait to see your results and your symptoms sound promising!!

Purple! I just noticed you're from QC...I'm in Montreal!

Oooh Perky, I keep checking the forum to see if there are any updates from you. Will be thinking of you and sending positive vibes for tomorrow morning.
Tzb, welcome

Hi, Ladies.

Thanks so much for the encouragement. Unfortunately, this month is a no go it seems :-(. AF just started. DH was very encouraging and understanding but it's still such a disappointment.

I am sorry for the bad news ladies but thank you all for your encouragement along the way. I hope you all had a lovely weekend otherwise at least.

Perky- I'm so sorry. It's really hard to go through this for an entire month. The anticipation and the worry and stress. It's very hard and emotionally draining. My heart breaks with yours. You're right, you had a lot working against you guys this cycle. Take this time to be good to yourself.... we will be by your side the entire time!!

Thanks Joie. I appreciate your empathy!! I am SO glad I have you ladies because I feel like no one else gets it... and Purple and Illa, thank you both SO much for being in my corner, I appreciate it.

I'm going to watch two hours of downton Abby and that should do the trick I think :)! You're right Joie, we don't give ourselves a break or much credit for our efforts do we?

Perky,
I'm sorry this is not your month. But as you stated this was your first month trying and you did have a lot of things working against you. I am glad you got some goodies to cheer you up, and Downton Abbey sounds great (if you like that, try crown, it's amazing). Now that you know your body a lot better you may have better luck this month. Wouldn't it be wonderful to ring in the new year with a BFP. I'm sure you will get your BFP soon. And until you do, we will be here for you

I second the Crown suggestion. So good.

Illa- how have you been feeling?

I'm good for the most part. Just nausea and loss of appetite. How are you doing

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back