• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Turning 31, TTC #1- would love a TTC buddy!

I'm hoping to get a bit of a raise next year which will help offset
Daycare costs a little bit. I'm only going to have 12 weeks off which is hard... maternity leave in the US sucks.

Have you had your thyroid checked Illa? Mention that when you get your blood work done, they may want to check that. My appointment is exactly a week away and I can't wait... I want to see the lil gummy bear.

I've noticed my GI symptoms get worse at night. 5 pm rolls around and I'm feeling like crap. I'm at work till 8 today and it's rough. Crackers for dinner. I wish I had more fruit. I'm gonna stop at the grocery store tomorrow after work. Apples and pears seem to be doing me some good.

TTC- I'm more emotional too. I cry so easily!!

Hi ladies!

Just checking in :). Things have been going pretty well around here. I'm feeling in better spirits working on Christmas lists and decorating :). I'm meeting up with a girlfriend of mine to make our Christmas wreaths this weekend so that should be a lot of fun! I'm so proud of my fall/harvest wreath I made in October lol.

It's SO exciting reading about all of your symptoms! TTC and Purple congrats on good ultrasound reports! Purple I would have been so irritated with your experience. What nerve! FX that your next one will be a phenomenal experience ;-).

TTC and Joie, arrrghhh!!! I'm so siked about your ultrasounds next week! Such a great milestone, I share your anticipation :-D! Illa your upcoming trip to see family afterwards will be icing on the cake. Joie how have your workouts been with the food aversions? I know working out keeps your spirits up so I hope that they let up enough to allow you to do something even if it's something slow and small.

TTC those daycare costs are unbelievable! I did some research as well earlier this year and it was kind of discouraging. Might nanny sharing be any better cost wise? Its big on the west coast though I'm not sure what the LA market is like for that. It may be worth looking into.

I missed you ladies!!

Here is a link to my homemade harvest wreath still on my front door! I love crafts!

%

Perky - That wreath is awesome, I love wreaths and cannot wait to pick mine out this weekend and hang on my front door. I am not very good with crafts, lol. Christmas decorating starts for me this weekend and cannot wait! That is a great idea about the Nanny Sharing, I will definitely look into that. San Fran is on me and DH list to visit, I was going to run the marathon last July but pulled out at the last minute because I hurt myself. But I think that may be where we take our babymoon! Any recommendations when visiting?

Joie - I know, 12 weeks sucks. FX for your promotion, that should be very helpful especially with the new house! My GI symptoms are super bad too at night, my stomach gets so bloated and I am so gassy. I have been eating a lot of fruit because I get so hungry, I wonder if that is what is causing it? What do you think is causing your GI issues?

Illa - I would also recommend checking your thyroid. At about 4 weeks, I had mine checked at it was not producing what it should be. I also don't have a thryoid, but anyway, doctor had to up my dosage of thyroid medication. But, I have not had any hair loss only hair growth in the most unflattering places.. ugh hormones!

AFM - nothing to report, feeling great had a great workout last night. Found myself in spin and kicking butt! Did notice my heart rate was elevated last night up to 74, usually at 59 but thing i may have pushed myself a bit to hard. I am going to google to see what they appropriate HR is for pregnant women.

Joie, 12 weeks suck. But hopefully you will be able to work it out.
Perky, That is such as an awesome wreath!!! Can't wait to see your Christmas one :D
TTC, they say that even resting HR increases when you are pregnant, so I am sure you are fine :D

For all the ladies that have already been to see the doctor, is there specific questions you would recommend asking?
I will ask to get my thyroid checked for sure, but other than that, not sure what to ask. I also found out that my appt, is actually with a nurse practitioner and not OB, they said here we would not be able to see an OB until later months. I am not sure how I feel about it.
Let's see how next week goes.

Questions I asked with Answers:

1) Should me and DH get Flu Shot: Yes
2) Is it safe to workout: Yes, keep HR below 140
3) Can I travel? Not to Mexico...
4) What happens if I am at work and my water breaks? (I live an hour to birthplace). It is ok, get in your car and drive to birthplace, baby will take 24 hrs to come
5) Can I have sex, but it hurts? Get into a TV Show, there is plenty on TV to watch.

Sorry, I am in love with my OB. She is no BS. I would also just ask if you are at risk for anything if you have any family history.

Just wanted to add, here is the conversation I have had with myself for the past three hours:

I have a headache, why wont this headache go away? I am tired. Oh, I am hungry. But what should I eat? Apple, No. Yogurt, No. My head hurts. **Ignore and repeat** Ok, I am getting up. My head hurts because I am hungry but I have no idea what to eat.

I decided on warm pop tarts. lol and my headache is slowly going away! But I am still tired. Ugh!

Conversation I've been having with myself the past hour:

"Ok... dinner... hmmm- what to eat? I want a deli sandwich"
"You can't have one"
"Then I want potatoes"
"Cmon... you can think of something more nutritious"
"A deli sandwich is nutritious"
"Grrrr"
"Ok fine..... chicken nuggets..."
*facepalm*

I haven't workout out this week. I didn't want to make it worse. I think when I get tooooo hungry it gets worse so I didn't want to doom myself. I have been sucking on tic tacs and that's been helping a bit. It's a fine balance of frequent snacking and limited food choices

Woke up today without that "hunger over" feeling and later in the morning had a little brown spotting. Ugh. I know it happens a lot, and it's not bright red, and I'm not cramping. But UGH. This ultrasound can't get here fast enough...:

Thanks, ladies. I'm going to take it down this weekend. I think I'll keep it for next year just in case I am expecting or have a newborn (God-willing!) and may not have time to make another fall one!

TTC, a babymoon sounds like so much fun! And San Francisco sounds positively splendid for that :-D! Unfortunately, we haven't lived in the area or explored it much haha. So I'm not sure I can recommend any spots, but I have been to Fisherman's Wharf. It's awesome! It's got great eateries (many of which have an amazing view), boutiques, chocolatiers, and all sorts of fun outdoor festivities. Definitely check it out if you have time! Many of my friends have also been to Golden Gate Park and spoken highly of it. If you have time, Alcatraz is another must see. So many great places! I hope to explore the park and Alcatraz next time I visit :). Do you and DH have any Christmas traditions you all partake in? I am hoping to cook Christmas dinner for the first time this Christmas :-D. We may go to our church's Christmas Eve candlelight service as well. So exciting! I LOVE Christmas!!!

TTC and Joie, that is too funny, lol! pop tarts, potatoes, and cabbage, goodness gracious! You all are well into your first trimester, that's for sure!!!

Thanks TTC!!!
TTC and Joie, I have been having eerily similar conversations with myself as well..

Joie, It's normal, but I understand and your US will be here before you know it :D

Nausea is here! 7 weeks 5 days and the nausea hit. Smells are a problem now too.
My husband has to give me my prenatal vitamin at night bc opening the container makes me gag!
Though I am no longer feeling hungover all the time.

Spotting is very very light and occasional. I'm feeling much better about it. I can't wait for our first US to see the lil bug!

Yay... I am happy to hear that the spotting has been minimal!! The scan will put you at ease.

Nausea is really bad for me and the sense of smell as well... sometimes just the thought of food makes my dry heave.

How is everyone else doing?

Yay... I am happy to hear that the spotting has been minimal!! The scan will put you at ease.

Nausea is really bad for me and the sense of smell as well... sometimes just the thought of food makes my dry heave.

Is your scan this week too?

Is your scan this week too?

I have my appt with the nurse practioner tomorrow and scan on Friday :D

I'm with you ladies on the nausea, the last four days I find it has really increased. My tricks don't seem to work as well anymore. But my god am I ever exhausted I feel like I can sleep an hr after getting up. My next obs appoint is next Thursday and my us is Jan 11. We had a family gathering Saturday I wasn't going to say anything but apparently me not drinking is a very noticeable thing lol

Joie so happy the spotting has decreased!

I don't want to jinx myself but my exhaustion hasn't been bad. Yea I'm sleeping more at night but I'm pretty good during the day. I'm so thankful for that!

Illa- that's so exciting!! I will be thinking of you his week too!!

It's so hard to go out with friends bc of the drinking... so most of our close friends know. Our families don't yet. In my mind- if something was to happen our families would get more attached and be more upset. Less than 2 weeks till I can spill the beans!!

Happy Monday!

How was everyone's weekend? Mine was uneventful, took a lot of naps. Literally got up on Sunday morning, went food shopping and then fell back to sleep for another 2 hours. It was great!

Illa, you have a very exciting week. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Joie - I had a little brown spotting on vacation but OB says as long as it was not red it is fine.

Perky - I love christmas too! My mom always hosts/cooks but since we have left NY and moved to CA we don't really have a home base anymore. I think we are going to my uncles in Beverly Hills. We are Italian, so we do the seven fishes. It is very yummy and I cannot wait. I put up my tree and my wreath this weekend so we are all decorated! It is just so weird because I have lived in NY all my life and used to it being cold and snowy and its 60+ degrees here so it doesn't really feel like Christmas to me.

Purple - Have you tried small little snacks throughout the day?

Hi, Ladies!

Work has been super busy this month but I'm following along reading your posts regularly :-D! I'm sorry everyone's battling nausea :-|... that does not sound like fun at all.

Joie and Illa, I am SO excited for you ladies with your USs this week! I pray it all goes well and is everything you dreamed it would be. Illa how did the apt go?! Joie I'm also happy that the spotting let up. This US is very timely to give you reassurance. I'm sure your little bug is 100% just fine

TTC, wow!! Great job with the decorating! That's so awesome! I have HALF of a tree up, haha. Our wreath is done and I made a homemade centerpiece for our dining room so I'm happy about that! Also, I love that seven fishes tradition! So cute! Christmas in Beverly Hills sounds like a freaking dream! When do you all leave?

I am CD10 and waiting to ovulate. Fun times haha!

Guys- I have such a bad feeling about my US tomorrow. I was so nauseous this weekend and even yesterday but today I woke up feeling great. I even had enough energy to go to the gym. The brown spotting is extremely scant and not every time I go to the bathroom, but I'm just so worried. I'm off today and tomorrow and the days are just creeping by. I'm trying to stop googling but it's so hard to avoid it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->