Turning 31, TTC #1- would love a TTC buddy!

Perky - I think you are right, having to do with the stretching of muscles, I am going to ask my OB on Tuesday.

MzM4 - Welcome! I am so sorry you are having a hard time. What is your typical routine each month and maybe we can give you some advice of what worked for us? Do you Temp, do you check your CM, do you use a fertility app like FF to keep track? I wouldn't get discouraged that you didn't BD on your O date, Spermies last 3-4 days.

On a side note, since it has been 4 months, would you and DH be open to getting his semen analyzed? Sometimes it isn't the women's issue at all and could be that the male isn't producing enough sperm? My DH had to take Pregyl shots every morning because he had low testosterone. He was excited because Pregly is actually banned from MLB as an enhancement drug. lol.

Thanks TTC, to be sincere I had just assumed that once I had regular 28 day cycle and my cervical mucus was in line, that I was ovulating and all, I wasn't really paying much attention but since last month, I actually started trying, while reading through the group though I installed d FF on my phone, I am trying to get it to work right.
I really really hope for the best this month, I would try for one more month if not I would take your advice and he would test.

Perky - I think you are right, having to do with the stretching of muscles, I am going to ask my OB on Tuesday.

MzM4 - Welcome! I am so sorry you are having a hard time. What is your typical routine each month and maybe we can give you some advice of what worked for us? Do you Temp, do you check your CM, do you use a fertility app like FF to keep track? I wouldn't get discouraged that you didn't BD on your O date, Spermies last 3-4 days.

On a side note, since it has been 4 months, would you and DH be open to getting his semen analyzed? Sometimes it isn't the women's issue at all and could be that the male isn't producing enough sperm? My DH had to take Pregyl shots every morning because he had low testosterone. He was excited because Pregly is actually banned from MLB as an enhancement drug. lol.

How do I start to monitor my body from now onwards tho, I am 2dpo, CD16, and in my 2ww thats all I know. what is your advice?

All the best on your visit to the OB.

Yes! I did one at 10dpo and it was stark white. My cheap strip picked up more color than the first response test did at 11dpo! I am a huge fan of those and will always advocate them to people now because of that!! I am so excited for you and Perky to get your BFP's. It's such a surreal feeling....

Thanks Joie, did any of u guys have pour outs (sorry for the TMI)?

also, MZM, my sister in law is 5 months pregnant and 27 YO and got pregnant after 6 months of trying. So trying for 3 months is not abnormally long for you at all :).

oh ok thats good to know, a bit more reassuring. Thanks

This whole thing is just strange to me, mum had me before she married dad, my younger sister had her first baby before marriage, both on their first try, two of my girlfriends got pregnant immediately after marriage, so imagine my shock...lol...I had never heard about TTC. sorry just ranting and I can get worked up about this at times. I have my PhD proposal defense(Petroleum Engineering) by the first week in January, I find it so hard to concentrate. oops. I do not have a job presently and I am trying to build my career so so much on my mind, I guess its not helping.... sorry just wanted to put this out there!My DH tho, has no idea what am going through emotionally, can be annoying at times. Men...lol.....cant deal.

MzM- sorry not sure what you mean by pour outs (and there's no such thing as TMI anymore haha)

Men never do! They arent the ones stressing and wondering about every symptom. They have it SO much easier in this process! They are so different than women in this entire thing. Just recently my husband realized how complicated being pregnant can be and he still has his stupid man moments. Congrats on your PhD that's a great accomplishment!!

MzM4 - Wow, it sounds like you have a lot on your plate. It must be so frustrating that all the women in your life got pregnant very easily, but that is what this site is for. It isn't that easy for most women and everything has to be just perfect!

Since you are in your TWW I would not stress and focus on you and remain positive! All you could do is wait right now until you get a positive HPK or AF arrives. FX'ing for the former!

I would start temping the next cycle, that could help to understand your body better. Do you have a BTT? I think FF would track everything for you once you start CD1 and gets smarter the more information you put into it and the longer you use it (hopefully not too long!).

I would also let DH in, talk to him about your feelings/worries. Tell him what YOU need from him. Men are better when they know exactly in black and white what is expected of them. For example, I told my DH that when I am O'ing, I really need him to step up and dtd every day. When it was time, he was a trooper as he understood what it meant to me. It is also good to have a support system, especially from your partner.

And of course, we are here too!

MzM- sorry not sure what you mean by pour outs (and there's no such thing as TMI anymore haha)

Men never do! They arent the ones stressing and wondering about every symptom. They have it SO much easier in this process! They are so different than women in this entire thing. Just recently my husband realized how complicated being pregnant can be and he still has his stupid man moments. Congrats on your PhD that's a great accomplishment!!

I can imagine, am just about to start....lol....its a proposal defence to hopefully get admitted...Fingers crossed....
I mean Vaginal Semen pour outs minutes or about an hr after BD. Yeah they are ever so silly!

My DH is so clueless about this pregnancy and what I am going through it has been so frustrating.

I was in the shower the other morning and he walks in and is like what is that (referring to my belly) and where did it come from! I am like, excuse me - I am growing a baby! He was like, oh yeah, right. Like he forgot!! I swear I think he forgets sometimes. lol

MzM4 - Wow, it sounds like you have a lot on your plate. It must be so frustrating that all the women in your life got pregnant very easily, but that is what this site is for. It isn't that easy for most women and everything has to be just perfect!

Since you are in your TWW I would not stress and focus on you and remain positive! All you could do is wait right now until you get a positive HPK or AF arrives. FX'ing for the former!

I would start temping the next cycle, that could help to understand your body better. Do you have a BTT? I think FF would track everything for you once you start CD1 and gets smarter the more information you put into it and the longer you use it (hopefully not too long!).

I would also let DH in, talk to him about your feelings/worries. Tell him what YOU need from him. Men are better when they know exactly in black and white what is expected of them. For example, I told my DH that when I am O'ing, I really need him to step up and dtd every day. When it was time, he was a trooper as he understood what it meant to me. It is also good to have a support system, especially from your partner.

And of course, we are here too!

Yeah I would just have to wait, hope am pregnant! If not get the BTT, and all necessary follow up. You have a point, I would discuss with him if there is a next cycle. Thanks TTCfirstovr30. Definately glad for u guys.

My DH is so clueless about this pregnancy and what I am going through it has been so frustrating.

I was in the shower the other morning and he walks in and is like what is that (referring to my belly) and where did it come from! I am like, excuse me - I am growing a baby! He was like, oh yeah, right. Like he forgot!! I swear I think he forgets sometimes. lol

Lord have mercy, I probably would have poured some water on him at that point and not playfully either :/. They can be really silly. gush just imagine that question........i can see my DH asking that type of question...Men...urgh.

Welcome MzM! I thought I had missed out as we BD two days before O as I went out of town and low and behold it was the month that won! Don't give up hope! I also tested positive at 10dpo.

Afm the obgyn used the Doppler and found the HB! Was rolling at 160! Such as onderful music to my ears! She increased my nausea meds, gave me med for heartburn and prescription for a pregnancy belt apparently it should help my on going back pain. I see her next at the end of January when she will have my results of the IPS

Good morning ladies and happy Friday :) how's everyone feeling today?

Purple yay!!! I tried using the Doppler last night but my bladder wasn't full and just got a lot of placenta sounds. I have a retroverted uterus so having a full bladder seems to be critical.

Woke up today to our furnace being out! Ugh... thankfully we have an amazing landlord who came by early to get it going again. We are so lucky to have him and will miss him so much. I told him I'm gonna send my husband to stay with him for a month so he can train him on how to be handy hsha!!
I'm better with home improvement stuff than He is!!

I'm so bloated! I was soooo hungry yesterday. I got a chicken salad and a hot dog- I couldn't even finish the hot dog! I was sooo full and uncomfortable.

Cravings are so weird. I will insanely want something and as soon as I eat it- I never want it again. Our pantry is full of food that has no interest to me. The only constants in my diet are waffles, apples, and clementines.

I wrapped presents for 3 hours yesterday and I'm still not done. I can't believe how behind I got this year.

Hi ladies!

TTC are you serious?! I would have been in disbelief too. It really is a different experience for men and women!

Mzm, that's great that you've been checking your CM and trying to pay attention to your body signs! In addition to that I have found using opks and temping to be very helpful, at least until I ovulate. I too have a usual 26-28 day cycle that's quite predictable in terms of the frequency of my periods. But it wasn't until I started using opks this month that I realized that I didn't ovulate until day 15 or 16 for example this month! My LH surge started a little later on day 15. Plus I have had fertile cm for about a little over a week so it's hard to know when in that week it was going to happen you know? Some months you may ovulate much earlier than you think or much later. So I found opks helpful in helping me to narrow that fertility window a bit :). The other thing is the only thing that confirms ovulation is a real and sustained shift in your bbt afterwards. So I have found temping helpful in showing me a shift and reassuring me that I am ovulating. You can still have a 28 day cycle and a regular period and not be ovulating some of those cycles believe it or not. That is what they call an anovulatory cycle. Those are normal a few times ayear i believe. Checking your BBT would show you that you are actually ovulating regularly so I find that helpful. Either way, even if you didn't do opks or temp, if you are having trying regularly you will be just fine. Gluck!

Purple: that's so wonderful!!! Argh,I LOVE this! FX that allof the bloodwork checks out!!

Joie: way to wrap away! Those are some serious cravings and bloatage going on girl! You most certainly have reached he heart of the first trimester!

I Hope you all are having an excellent Christmas weekend :)!

Omg I'm SO sorry for my novel Mzm!!! I have learned so much from these 4 lovely newly pregnant girls on this site and apparently I like sharing the knowledge. Sorry for the book of information lol!!!

Zoe good morning! How are you doing today? Any plans for Christmas holiday weekend?

Joie- 3 hours wrapping presents?? Good lord girl bless your heart. I usually give up after about 30 minutes :)

Perky- I'm doing great today. Finally finished my shopping and got all of my presents wrapped last night. No major plans for the weekend, just the usual family get togethers. My mother in law is staying with us christmas eve. That will be a first, we will see how that goes haha...

I realized that I never formally introduced myself to you ladies... so a little bit about me

My name is Jennifer, and I'm 31 and have been married to my husband for 5 1/2 years. I have been ready for babies since I said I-do, but my husband has not, and it's been quite the journey to talk him into even trying. But he is finally on board. We have two fur babies, Zoe is our maltese and we have a golden retriever named Tucker. Super spoiled and they have been our children so I'm interested to see how having baby will change things with them.

Anyway I'm excited to be a part of this thread. I have introduced myself on other threads before, but I just feel like I'm in a more similar situation with you ladies so thank you for being very welcoming :)

I can't believe we started this thread about 2 months ago already. Time is flying....

I should have started wrapping days ago. My poor husband is finishing it today... haha... that's what he gets for having a job where they give you the holidays off!! I've got a lot of people in the clinic today. Kind of surprised people aren't too busy shopping and wrapping!

Zoe- my fur babies are in for a treat when this baby gets here. We have two pitbull mixes and our older dog is definitely going to be the protector and the younger one will be the baby's co-conspirator... our dogs are our babies too. Life will get fun with a baby in the mix!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->