• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Turning 31, TTC #1- would love a TTC buddy!

Tbfromlv- welcome!! Sounds like you're doing the same thing I am. I'm only going off of tracking my cycles and my cm and cp.

Welcome new ladies!!

So many testers for Sat! I literally cannot wait for you guys... I already check this forum like 2 times a day and now I will be obsessively checking in for updates.

No big NYE plans. Hanging out with our parent friends and their kiddos. Who knows if I will make it to midnight. I don't really care honestly.

I have to share/brag... so yesterday I worked my late day and about halfway thru I realized I didn't bring enough food. And I told my husband that I need to plan my lunches better... about 45 min later the receptionist calls me and asks if I ordered a pizza. Ummm no..... and then it dawned on me that my hubby probably ordered it for me!! He surprised my department with pizza. What an awesome guy. I married the right one ladies... :)

Thejoie- that is so sweet of him! Hubby and I are currently fighting... We work together 2 days a week and it is NOT easy! Sometimes I feel like he's harder on me than anyone else who works here. And it's even worse when I'm PMSing :(

Zoe: oh no!! That does make it hard. I'm off one day during the week when my husband is at work and I swear that has kept our relationship sane. I get to do whatever I need to without him underfoot and he gets his alone time when I work my late shifts and one weekend shift.
I hope things get better soon

Joie - Your DH gets it! That is the best surprise EVER! Your co-workers must love you! Can you believe we have just over 10 days until 2nd Tri!!! I can't wait to feel the baby kick and start showing, my belly hasn't popped yet.

I got my DH sick so now I am taking care of him. LOL

Anyone have NY Resolutions?

Usually, mine goes something like; eat healthier, work out more, complete marathon in under 4:30, Triathlon, Ironman, etc. But with Baby coming my priorities have shifted and it isn't so much about me anymore. I honestly am super content where I am right now in my life and while I do have goals for the future I really just want to have a healthy baby and enjoy my new life.

Is that weird that I am not trying to achieve something next year? Am I a slacker?

Yeaaaa he's pretty awesome. I love that he likes taking care of me. Even though I've always considered myself as "strong and independent" it's so awesome to be with a partner that thinks of you and your needs. I told him yesterday I've never loved him more and he replied that "these hormones are making me crazy" haha

I can't wait to the 2nd trimester. I've been very tired this week. More than previous weeks but I'm pushing through it and making sure I'm still working out and staying active. But I am in bed every night pretty early.

TTC- figuring out parenthood will be challenging enough. 2017 is going to be a year of balance for me. I already know that it's going to be hard to figure out life with a baby and trying to keep my identity as ME and not just a mom.

Has anyone read the book Nuture Shock? Or Raising Bebe? Both really interesting ideas on child raising and parenting.... I love getting different perspectives and looking beyond what is in my scope

I am so scared that my kid is going to have this sense of entitlement and that it's the center of the universe. My life's mission is to not raise a spoiled and ungrateful child. I see SO many unruly and lazy kids/teens/young adults and it makes me crazy.

Joie - Your DH gets it! That is the best surprise EVER! Your co-workers must love you! Can you believe we have just over 10 days until 2nd Tri!!! I can't wait to feel the baby kick and start showing, my belly hasn't popped yet.

I got my DH sick so now I am taking care of him. LOL

Anyone have NY Resolutions?

Usually, mine goes something like; eat healthier, work out more, complete marathon in under 4:30, Triathlon, Ironman, etc. But with Baby coming my priorities have shifted and it isn't so much about me anymore. I honestly am super content where I am right now in my life and while I do have goals for the future I really just want to have a healthy baby and enjoy my new life.

Is that weird that I am not trying to achieve something next year? Am I a slacker?

Honestly I never make resolutions. I feel like anytime I had in the past I never stick to them, so I just avoid it lol :thumbup:

Zoe- That sounds about like me! I may start BBT charting if it doesn't happen this time. My last cycle started in October. Before that, the end of May! I don't know if I ovulate in between with no periods or if I just ovulate a few times a year so I may have an uphill battle on this one!

TTC-What a sweet guy! Sounds like something my DH would do. As for parenting- I always worry about that too. I teach for a living so I've seen the results of many different styles.. entitled is not the goal!

I haven't done New Years Resolutions in a while either! I used to do the same old "Eat better, work out more" ect but wasn't successful until I quit making it a NY Resolution! lol

Thanks for the warm welcome Zoe!

I'm very excited about hearing test results. I I didn't get AF today I would have tested on Saturday too. But no need now, as expected. Means I can enjoy a glass of wine or two for NY. I generally don't drink but I got some nice champagne for NY to celebrate - as stated, all of us 1st time TTC-ers r probably going to be enjoying our last NY without a baby!

I really want a Chocolate Munchkin (aka doughnut hole). That is what I am craving at this very moment. three more hours for mee yeay!

I have been reading about natural (unmedicated) vs. Medicated (epidural) birth. I am almost leaning towards unmedicated if I am not a high risk.

Positive thoughts!Lets hope for no high risk TTC.... I read about it to unmedicated is better but I also had a cousin that did epidural she was rily happy she did...lol... but U really might not need it.

Good morning ladies!

CD 26 and no signs of AF yet! This is the day in the past AF would start for me most often but since I ovulated 2 days later, I'll wait till Saturday to consider it a missed period. I'm starting to get excited! I went from having absolutely no symptoms to having intense bloating of all things all day yesterday. I mean it was unreal! I had some mild AF like cramps in the morning that had me worried for a few hours and then those went away and all I had left was bloating. I just woke up and the bloating is a bit less now, but it's still there. I finally am allowing myself to be excited... with each passing day, my odds seem to get better (in my mind at least, hah!). I'm super hopeful and it feels both refreshing and wonderful!

Two days till test time!!!

Joie and TTC, great job making it through your workdays! I know what you mean about lulls making the day drag on. I seriously pray for busy days these days to move things along lol.

MZM and Zoe, any updates? How are you ladies faring? Praying for you ladies, for this month and for next month, Zoe.

Plans for NYE, ladies? With all of the family we have had in town for the last 2 weeks I will enjoy just relaxing with DH. We will probably go to church at 11pm in the evening to ring in the new year. It's kind of our little tradition now :p.

Hi Perky am really happy for U! I really have nothing at all. I really cant explain how I feel and my fears but we test tmr! SO fingers crossed....
I go to church at around that time too (Tradition too), Its always so exciting.
NY plans some parties in the neighbourhood....lol.... we have a community get together!

Hi ladies, I hope you don't mind if I join? We r TTC but I know this month BD was post O, so its next month for me. We weren't really supposed to start until next month anyway ;) We sort of got a head start, sort of.
All the best on your tests ladies, hopefully someone will get a BFP just in time for 2017!

HI Jazie welcome welcome! good to have U here! Thx I need a lot of that...

Good morning everyone! Do you mind if I join you guys? I've never posted in forums mostly been stalking the ones from like 2008 LOL

My name is Tara and I am 30 years old. DH and I have just started ttc this month. I have very irregular cycles so we BD'd every dang day. I am pretty sure I am between 9-11 DPO (I know that is a wide range but I haven't tested for exact O date, just went off CM)

Anyway, I'm excited and am wishing baby dust on you all :)

Hi Tara!! U are welcome! do U temp and do OPK yet? THx a lot I need a lot of that dust.

Good morning ladies!

CD 26 and no signs of AF yet! This is the day in the past AF would start for me most often but since I ovulated 2 days later, I'll wait till Saturday to consider it a missed period. I'm starting to get excited! I went from having absolutely no symptoms to having intense bloating of all things all day yesterday. I mean it was unreal! I had some mild AF like cramps in the morning that had me worried for a few hours and then those went away and all I had left was bloating. I just woke up and the bloating is a bit less now, but it's still there. I finally am allowing myself to be excited... with each passing day, my odds seem to get better (in my mind at least, hah!). I'm super hopeful and it feels both refreshing and wonderful!

Two days till test time!!!

Joie and TTC, great job making it through your workdays! I know what you mean about lulls making the day drag on. I seriously pray for busy days these days to move things along lol.

MZM and Zoe, any updates? How are you ladies faring? Praying for you ladies, for this month and for next month, Zoe.

Plans for NYE, ladies? With all of the family we have had in town for the last 2 weeks I will enjoy just relaxing with DH. We will probably go to church at 11pm in the evening to ring in the new year. It's kind of our little tradition now :p.

Hi Perky, today is so hard for me! I should be feeling something by now and I have absolutely nothing. I guess it's different for U. I probably should not have lost all hopes but I think I have. I do hope U feel a different way.

Good morning girls and happy Friday! Period is due today so we will see if she shows. My boobs hurt SO bad! Actually more than hey usually due pre period so who knows :) how's everyone else doing today?

MzM- I have not done opk yet and I just started Temping. I went soley based on CM and CP this month. Not an exact science but I am being hopeful. If AF comes, I will be doing opk next cycle!

Anyone experiencing insomnia? I usually sleep like a rock but this week has been awful. Maybe its just my brain going nuts during this 2ww lol

MzM- I have not done opk yet and I just started Temping. I went soley based on CM and CP this month. Not an exact science but I am being hopeful. If AF comes, I will be doing opk next cycle!

Anyone experiencing insomnia? I usually sleep like a rock but this week has been awful. Maybe its just my brain going nuts during this 2ww lol

Girl last night was terrible for me! My hubby woke up at 3:30 because he had a headache which woke me up. I then tossed and turned for 2 hours and finally went out to the couch and fell asleep only to be woken up again at 7 :wacko:

I woke up at midnight and tossed and turned. Then went to the couch (they say if you aren't sleeping, you need to relocate so your brain doesnt start associating being awake with your bed!) then DH came out to the couch and woke me up because he couldn't sleep.. ugh.. the only good thing is I am a teacher so I am currently on break. I can nap if needed!

I woke up at midnight and tossed and turned. Then went to the couch (they say if you aren't sleeping, you need to relocate so your brain doesnt start associating being awake with your bed!) then DH came out to the couch and woke me up because he couldn't sleep.. ugh.. the only good thing is I am a teacher so I am currently on break. I can nap if needed!

Yeah that always works for me. If I can't sleep in my bed I go straight to the couch and fall fast asleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->