• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Turning 31, TTC #1- would love a TTC buddy!

This was my year to focus on fitness. It was a lot of fun and I've learned so much about myself. I'm just happy baby is on board with water again. It makes it so much easier! Current challenge is figuring out fitness as my pregnancy progresses and then fitness with a baby!!

We always said we are in this together! I'm hoping for 4 BFP tomorrow.. then the fun starts!! How awesome that we have 4 testers in one weekend?! Fate!!!

I just got to the gym for some Friday night fun. I walked 3.25 miles at work so just looking to get my heart rate up for a while today. Nothing crazy.

Illa, Purple- haven't heard from you in a while. Hope all is well!

TTC and PerkyGal - hi there! I've been reading up on unmedicated births too. I already have a midwife chosen and am considering a doula. At this stage I'm thinking private hospital birth with Ob present - that's what I'm preparing for anyway. Is there any particular reading that has stood out for you on medicated vs unmedicated births? It's a very sensitive topic and am happy to talk through private messaging if preferred.

Thejoie- that sounds like pretty good reasoning behind an epidural. You need to do what's best for you, no matter what! Sometimes we just can't plan for things :)

TTC - do you mind if I ask what is your sisters lifestyle like? I had a younger bro who is 11 yrs younger. He's the opposite of entitled and so I still see him as my little bro that I need to protect. I try very hard not to though - for his sake :)
TTC - a tear is my worry too. But I heard that you are most likely to tear with medication (eg pitosin) bc it pushes baby out quicker, which puts more pressure on that area and women often need more pain relief for it anyway. I'd love to hear about your meeting with a doula. I met with a midwife already and felt reasssured she was right for me. She works with a doula too so they are a good team.

Zoe - that's super exciting! My thoughts are that you don't waste a test - those things are pricey! If you've waited this long, surely you can wait one more day? That's my thought as that's what I'd do, but then I'm a hard-ass on myself. I agree it would be good to know if you're ok for the midnight champers!

Can't wait to hear!

Hello to all the newcomers, welcome!
I have been on holidays so haven't been able to come on the forum ad much, just checking in to see if Perky had tested. Thinking of you.
Good luck to all others testing this weekend as well.

Hey ladies :) still no period and yesterday afternoon I caved and tested and got a BFN. So tonight I'm gonna enjoy my midnight champagne toast. If she doesn't show in the next couple days I'll test again. How are my other testers this morning? I'm anxious to hear!

Hey ladies :) still no period and yesterday afternoon I caved and tested and got a BFN. So tonight I'm gonna enjoy my midnight champagne toast. If she doesn't show in the next couple days I'll test again. How are my other testers this morning? I'm anxious to hear!

awww......sorry....am Great thanks.........BFN

Happy New Year in advance Ladies!! Well I got a BFN, for some reason I didnt feel as bad as I thought I would. I thought I would feel like it was the end of d world! 5months trying now.... Maybe I felt a lot better because hubby and I had a really long chat!! and he is the best!! He was even a bit not happy I didn't talk about how I felt all this while. I expected him to be so disappointed but He is awesome!! He is just the best! I am a blessed woman!! Thanks for being there guys and I wish U a wonderful crossover into 2017. Take care.....OPK's and temping starts next year! Hope you guys would still be here...

Hey ladies! I also got a BFN.. thought I could see the faintiest line but i think that was me just trying to make something of nothing lol. If AF doesn't come by Wednesday, I'll test again.

Happy New Year in advance Ladies!! Well I got a BFN, for some reason I didnt feel as bad as I thought I would. I thought I would feel like it was the end of d world! 5months trying now.... Maybe I felt a lot better because hubby and I had a really long chat!! and he is the best!! He was even a bit not happy I didn't talk about how I felt all this while. I expected him to be so disappointed but He is awesome!! He is just the best! I am a blessed woman!! Thanks for being there guys and I wish U a wonderful crossover into 2017. Take care.....OPK's and temping starts next year! Hope you guys would still be here...

I'm sorry girl :( on to the next month for both of us :)

Hi ladies, good morning!

I'm sorry to hear about the bfn's ladies; I too for all as best as I can tell got one this morning. Tbfromlv, I too am wondering if I see a faint line but it's such a squinter (and possibly imagined? Lol) that for the sake of my heart, I am calling it negative. You all have a positive outlook though that is infectious! AF has not shown up for any of us yet so who knows?!!

The longest my cycles have ever been in my 4 years tracking them has been 29 days once last year.

Illa, welcome back!!! How was Christmas holiday with your family? How do you feel? I hope the back pain has let up some?

Thejoie, you are nailing this fit pregnancy, girl! 6 miles?!! Unreal! I'm glad you are able to rehydrate finally.

TTC: girl you eat those doughnut holes, you totally deserve them!! I love that you and Joie are already thinking about parenthood. I think often times we can get so caught up in getting pregnant and having a baby, it's hard to remember that once that child shows up we are responsible for raising hem you know... Truthfully it sounds very intimidating to me still and is something I will have to both read about and pray about and take one day at a time :). You and Joie sound like you are already thinking ahead and I love that! It will serve you well as new mommies!

To all the ladies testing, I literally can't wait to hear how this weekend and next week goes :). Let's keep everyone updated! I love that we are all testing at similar times. Cycle buddies!

Perky! I'm still rooting for you :)

I took an EPT +- yesterday and holy cow those show some terrible evaps! A line showed up about 20 minutes after taking the test. It hardly has any color to it so I know it's an evap. But hold cow you would think that a test that expensive wouldn't show lines like that...

I dunno how you guys are waiting a few days! I was a daily tester after 10dpo haha... I had "pee on a stick" syndrome. Absolutely no self control!!

I am hopeful for all of you. Stay away AF!!!!

We went driving around our new neighborhood and checked out our lot twice this morning. They are going to start framing our house in the next two weeks. We are pretty excited about it. I am hoping Jan-March goes by extremely fast...

Got my Doppler out today again. Lil Bug is definitely much higher on my pelvis today than last week. That's crazy!! Heart rate was 160-165...
I am definitely feeling so much better this week. Though I never really felt that bad to begin with. Pregnancy has been good to me, I am very fortunate.

Illa!! Enjoy your holiday!! Hope you're feeling well!!

Perky- lots of CM and mild cramping was my only symptom...

Ladies- I expect updates!!! Haha!!! Hang in there!

Hey ladies :).

Happy new year! Good news and bad news. Bad news is I think AF is here this morning so we are out this cycle it seems. The good news is while I'm disappointed about that, I'm oddly happy and hopeful still! While I'm sad to not be pregnant going into the new year, I feel like I learned a lot this cycle and I am celebrating that in addition to a wonderful new year with many possibilities. Thank you ladies for all of the support. Really I couldn't have done it without you all! I'm rooting for the rest of you that haven't gotten AF yet!!!

Also, if not obvious already, I highly recommend using opks and temping at least to confirm ovulation if that is something you and your hubbies may be interested in ladies. It has helped me understand my body and cycle SO much better personally :). The wondfo OPK strips are super cheap too!

Awww Perky- I'm sorry. I was really hopeful for you. You are SO right! I did the same thing... I had my iud in for 5.5 years and had been on birth control for almost 15 years. I didn't even remember what my normal period is like... I was so scared that I wasn't ovulating or my cycles were going to be impossible. You are right on track though. The norm is that it does take 4-6 months in healthy couples! I have had my eyes opened to that.... you are doing everything right to increase your chances. You will catch that lil egg. I'm very impressed by your patience and your attitude.

We will be here as long as it takes!!!

i hope everyone had a good NYE. I know 2017 holds some amazing things for us...

Perky I'm so sorrry firm. But way to be positive about it. AF started this morning for me too. I guess I'm back to me normal 32 day cycle. On to the next month for us :)

I'm sorry ladies. :( Perky- that is a great way to look at it. Before ttc I didn't pay much attention to a lot of things in my cycle. Hopefully being more in tune with it now will be beneficial soon!

AFM, AF is still not here. My temp is still up. I'm (impatiently) waiting to test again..

Hi all, seeing if I can join this thread! It's so nice having others to discuss everything with and have some support. I'm 31 and trying for our 1st. My DH & I were married this December and decided to start trying right away. We have been together for quite some time so it seemed like a perfect time. We have two amazing dogs and we are fostering another pup. I am an accountant and working towards my CPA, one test passed three to go! So, its pretty busy time right now but decided to go for it anyway! :)

I am in my 2ww right now. Seems like forever. Should be testing around Jan 12th or so. I should be approximately 3dpo but I didn't temp last month so can't be sure. I started temping now thought jic for next month. I woke up today with a cold so that isn't fun. But no other symptoms this soon in!

Perky, I just read this whole thread catching up & am so impressed by your attitude this month. I am cheering you on! Hopefully, January you will get your BFP!

Congrats to all that got yours in Nov, this is a very fertile thread!!

Sorry for the book! :)

Jlg- welcome!! We love books here haha!! We did the same thing- married and then started trying right away! We knew we wanted to jump right in. The TWW is one of the most torturous things in the world. Being busy helps!!

Jo- an Evap line is when there's a line on the pregnancy test that comes from the evaporation of urine. It sometimes pops up when a test is read after the recommended time. Sometimes there's something that looks like a line but doesn't have the color...

Jlg- welcome!! I'm also 31 and trying for my first :)

Hope everyone had a great New Years!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"