Turning 31, TTC #1- would love a TTC buddy!

Zoe - aw ok, we may or may not get that one here. Sometimes we stumble across the American Bachelor but I don't know when it comes! Well, our Aussie one should start mid way through this year I think.

Um, what's a baby Moon?

It's like a honeymoon but it's a vacation many couples take before baby comes :)

How's everyone doing today? I'm actually feeling much better. Today is the last day of AF! We're also supposed to get snow this weekend so I'm super stoked :) :) :)

Hi ladies! Hope everyone is having a good week so far!

I have learned that I may end up having a POAS problem. Lol I am somewhere between 4-7 dpo and am already starting to want to test. Lol terrible. I know there is no way but logic is not on my side today! Haha another week to go before I should test so going to try and hold out.
I feel like I might be starting to lose this cold and back issue so fingers crossed that I will feel like myself soon!

How is everyone doing?

JLG- I think every woman who was/is ttc is a POAS addict lol The 2ww is a mental game for sure!! Stick to your guns though. :)

I've been having a lot of dreams about "baby dust" lol Since I told you guys about my missing/irregular cycles, I've been incorporating those herbs and increasing my healthy fats. Now every night I dream that people are "praying to the baby gods" and putting "baby dust" on me! Haha maybe it will work ;)

My sleep has been soooo good. I have a Fitbit and the last few weeks it's like I die as soon as I fall asleep and don't budge till morning. Growing a baby is hard work.

I found out I have O negative blood so I will need the Rhogam shot at 28 weeks.

Next week is my 12 week appointment. I scheduled my gender scan for next month too!! I'm pretty excited.
We travel to Florida today to visit DH's mom and sister and tell them the good news. I'm really happy. We haven't seen them since the wedding. They are going to be so excited. My sister in law has a 7 month old so it will be a lot of fun having our babies a little over a year apart.

Tbfromlv- haha good dream! Hopefully it will work and you get your bfp soon!!

Joie- that's great that you are sleeping so well! I knew there was certain blood types that needed shots but I don't know why. That is so exciting finding out the gender! Are you doing a gender reveal or finding out in office? I love the gender reveals but I'm way too impatient. Lol Safe travels to Florida and have fun!

Afm, today I am somewhere between 4-8dpo no charting so not sure on exact date but I know it's between there. My bbs are tender and have been so since the 1st which is pretty early for me. It's usually about week before af. But your body changes so much so could be nothing. Other than that, I'm just waiting! Lol TWW is awful!

TheJoie- 12 weeks?! So exciting! I'm making my prediction now that you've got a baby boy cookin in there :p

JLG- I'm wishing baby dust on you too girl! Its frustrating to analyze all the symptoms isn't it?

Good Morning,

Joie - I am the complete opposite. I am getting up 6-7 times a night to pee, I can't seem to hold it any longer and my fitbit is saying I am only getting 6 hours a night. I am so tired. Boooo. Florida will be exciting and such a happy time for you and the DH and your family! Was there any issue with you traveling to FL because of Zika? My OB said I couldn't go anywhere near FL and Caribbean because of that.

Babymoon is a vacation to just relax with the hubby somewhere. The only issue I am having is that I am in CA and can't go to most places because of Zika and everywhere else is cold now. Do I really want to go to a cold place and not really be able to do much? I was thinking Vegas, thought that would be fun!

Fx'ing to everyone still in the TWW.

TTC: I would be exhausted waking up that much... now I feel guilty about my minimum of 8hrs
South Florida/Miami has had the Zika cases but we are heading to Gainesville. I'm not concerned. Also DH's family is lazy and we don't do much outdoor stuff. House to car, car to restaurant hahaha.....

I want to do Arizona for a babymoon. But I don't know when we would do it. We will be moving in March/April... which is when I would have liked to have done the babymoon. Hmmmm...

I have to start thinking about work pants options. At the end of the day, my pants are tight!! I'm gonna do a belly band for a few weeks and then buy a size up. Maternity pants for short people are so expensive....

tbfromlv: I'd loooove a boy as my first. I'm secretly hoping for a boy.

Jlg: when are you going to test? The Rhogam shot is if you have a negative Rh factor to your blood. It helps protect subsequent pregnancies by working like a kind of "immunization" for your blood. I didn't know too much about it before... but it seems like no big deal.

Joie - I'm going to start testing around the 12th and then every other day until after shows or I get a bfp! Do you know what blood types require that shot?

It's about having the negative Rh factor. I'm O negative but I believe it's any negative Rh factor

Oh Joie - don't feel guilty, I haven't had too many symptoms so that's probably the make up. FL sounds great right now, Hope it is warm weather and a little laziness didn't kill anyone so that sounds amazing too. Especially for you who seems to be on your feet all day everyday.

I was thinking about Arizona too, that is on my list. The only reason I am not thrilled about it is because it is a little cold there and it would really be just a spa kinda vacation. Not really doing much. Where is Arizona? I was thinking Scottsdale. We were thinking Feb/March for the Babymoon.

I also have some news, my OB called this morning and the Chromosome Abnormality came back negative! And I am having a Baby Boy! YEAY! That is what DH and I wanted! We are over the moon excited and I cannot wait to tell my family tonight. Although I know my mom was pulling for a girl.

It's about having the negative Rh factor. I'm O negative but I believe it's any negative Rh factor

Oh I see. I read this really quickly at work and now I feel like a dunce. Lol I'm not sure what my bloodtype so guess I'll find out when I get my bfp! Hopefully soon! ☺

TTC - congrats! That is so awesome. Very happy for you. Everyone I know that is pregnant or expecting are having boys lately.

TTC: Omg congrats on your baby boy!!!!! How exciting!!! And yay for a HEALTHY baby as well!! How amazing!!! It's 14 degrees in Illinois this week.... anything above freezing sounds lovely. I hate the Midwest so much. I am excited to relax but I love being active.... my biggest fear was that pregnancy as going to suck all my energy and I'm definitely a bit more tired than I was before but I love that it hasn't been as bad as the horror stories my friends told me. We will see... I'm kind of doubtful that it will even be possible- especially with moving in April. My plate will be kind of full for a few weeks. Have you been able to keep up with your workouts? I've toned down my intensity and give myself an extra rest day during the week but have been able to really kick some workout butt these past few weeks.

I'm not 31 I'm 21 and I'm not sure about my cycles because my body is getting back into the rhythm of things after being on Depo but I am TTC for number one as well! My husband and I got married back in October :)

TTC I'm super thrilled for you! A healthy baby boy! You'll have to start thinking of boys names now!

Ttc that is awesome that your having a little baby boy! They don't do bloodwork here to determine Gerber so I have to wait until my 20 wk us to find out. All the weather there sounds amazing, ttc my parents go to Arizona after Christmas as their retirement and it's warm there shorts weather.. here looking out the window wet have a good 3 feet off snow that just keeps falling :-(

Oh Joie - don't feel guilty, I haven't had too many symptoms so that's probably the make up. FL sounds great right now, Hope it is warm weather and a little laziness didn't kill anyone so that sounds amazing too. Especially for you who seems to be on your feet all day everyday.

I was thinking about Arizona too, that is on my list. The only reason I am not thrilled about it is because it is a little cold there and it would really be just a spa kinda vacation. Not really doing much. Where is Arizona? I was thinking Scottsdale. We were thinking Feb/March for the Babymoon.

I also have some news, my OB called this morning and the Chromosome Abnormality came back negative! And I am having a Baby Boy! YEAY! That is what DH and I wanted! We are over the moon excited and I cannot wait to tell my family tonight. Although I know my mom was pulling for a girl.

TTC- That is awesome!! Congratulations on baby boy!!!

Quick question ladies. So I am familiar with this whole Zika thing and I know they say if you're pregnant not to go anywhere where Zika virus is. However I don't know how much I believe it. Are the doctors the ones telling women not to go to these places? The only reason I ask is because we have a timeshare in Cancun (we go quite often) it's only a 2 hour flight for us and it's a good place to go to relax. We were actually there back in October and the employees at the resort were telling us that Zika is not as bad as what the media is saying. Anyway just wanted to hear your thoughts and see what your docs were telling you.

Zoe - Thank you Zoe! As for Zika, that was my view, I read all the Mexico information and was actually supposed to go there in Nov for my DH 40th. However, I did speak with my OB about it and she said no way. She said I would be worrying the entire pregnancy about whether I have it and that I will be worrying about everything else already, why should I worry about one more thing. We were going to Punta Mita, which is on the west side. I actually think that Zika is more prevalent on the Gulf side. Here is the research from the WHO, the Yucutan has the third most cases reported.

https://www.paho.org/hq/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_view&gid=35106&Itemid=270

Joie - I have not been as active as I would like to be. But i was a 5-6 day/week kind of schedule. Now it is more like 3-4. And I did something so stupid the other day. I was worried I wasn't walking enough so decided to take the stairs a few times to get my body moving. Well I work in a skyrise building and walked up and down 25 flights of stairs. My legs have never been as sore, and it doesn't seem to be going away. I am worried I have blood clots in my calfs But I know the likelyhood is pretty minimal. I read that the blood flow to your legs is just really slow because of all the blood being directed to the placenta so it is just taking me time to recover. It sucks, I am waddling and it hurts to walk. Boooo.

AFM - we did our announcement last night to the social media world, I included it below. And we also facetimed with our family to let them know the sex. I was not expecting the reaction I got from my mother, I think she was almost disappointed it was a boy. Weird, I know she was pulling for a girl. Oh well, I am really excited and so is DH.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Announcement.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back