Turning 31, TTC #1- would love a TTC buddy!

Perky, what great efforts! You're right, it's not just accidental pregnancies we're going for here - otherwise we wouldn't be on this site! What it means is that 2017 IS YOUR YEAR!!!

Thanks Joie- I did wonder :)

Jlg we are on cycle 1 for our first as well!

You know what's weird? Once I get what I'm craving I don't ever want it again. Food is really weird right now. Baby still has strong opinions on what it wants and what it definitely doesn't want but my vivacious appetite has definitely decreased. Now when my husband asks what I want to eat I find myself not wanting anything! My calorie intake has decreased despite me running 28 miles last week.

Ladies I am starting to stress and worry a little bit about TTC. Is this normal? Am I getting cold feet? Maybe it's just because I am on my period and I get extra sad during this time. I had a mini breakdown last night and cried my eyes out. I guess it really hit me that this is the month and if it happens this month things are going to change, and it's not going to be just me and my husband anymore. Kind of makes me sad. Could really use some prayers and positive thoughts. I'm just really down in the dumps today.

Jazie-So great to have you and Zoe here that are on your first cycle too! Baby dust!

Joie-I have no experience here but I bet this would happen a lot throughout considering everything your body is experiencing. Are you sticking to any particular diet or are you going where the cravings take you? :) I would imagine it would be hard to say no to those cravings!!

Zoe-I am so sorry that you are sad right now and having doubts. It is going to be a big change but a wonderful one as well. I am sure this process would have anyone up and down. I know that I am super excited for this journey but also a little scared. It's a BIG change. I would be shocked if I didn't have my own doubts sometimes. Here if you need to talk anytime. Sending positive thoughts your way!!

Jazie-So great to have you and Zoe here that are on your first cycle too! Baby dust!

Joie-I have no experience here but I bet this would happen a lot throughout considering everything your body is experiencing. Are you sticking to any particular diet or are you going where the cravings take you? :) I would imagine it would be hard to say no to those cravings!!

Zoe-I am so sorry that you are sad right now and having doubts. It is going to be a big change but a wonderful one as well. I am sure this process would have anyone up and down. I know that I am super excited for this journey but also a little scared. It's a BIG change. I would be shocked if I didn't have my own doubts sometimes. Here if you need to talk anytime. Sending positive thoughts your way!!

Thanks girl! It's nice to have other ladies on this forum to talk to. :)
So subject change... is anyone else watching the Bachelor tonight?? That is something to look forward to.

A question for those expecting:

How many dpo did your symptoms start? And what symptoms did you have?

I think I'm maybe 4-5 dpo and am feeling super bloated. Could be nothing but I wanted to ask!

I am still fighting this cold and I threw my back out last week so the back pain is really awful right now. Hoping I mend soon!

Zoe: those feelings are soooo normal! But just think how wonderful it will be to have this tiny little thing you create and are going to be able to raise with your husband. It will be unlike anything you have ever done.

Jlg: I had this preconceived notion that life was going to go on as normal after getting pregnant as far as food is concerned. I ate extremely healthy and didn't see reason to change. Until I got pregnant and I literally couldn't eat the things I used to. I can't force myself to eat chicken in any form!! So now I'm trying to eat as healthy as I can but in my new "pregnancy standards". The cravings aren't the worst part- the aversions are. I made a huge pot of soup, ate it for one day, and threw the rest away! It's like you're not in control of your body anymore... haha

As for symptoms: I really didn't have too much of anything for a long time! I thought I felt "woozy" for a second at work on 7dpo. My boobs ached a bit but they did that with my period. I had lots of creamy CM, and period like mild cramps. Literally that's all I felt for the first 6 weeks.... then the fun started

Joie- It's crazy listening to so many women talk about their symptoms bc everyone is different. I have a cold and my back issue so I am having a hard time reading my body right now. Everything hurts. Lol plus with this being the first month trying I haven't quite learned what is "normal" for me. I started paying attention a few months ago but it seemed to change month to month. TWW torture trying to read every hiccup you get! Lol

Hi everyone! Welcome to all the new ladies! Sorry was gone during the holidays. Read the posts and caught up! So sorry perky on after but great way to look at it!

Joie glad your able to eat more And feeling more normal, super sweet of your husband to get you pizza delivered!

Illa I feel u on the back pain I'm getting it a lot also. I'm using the pregnancy belt and noticing a big difference.

Ttc how are you feeling? My nausea has finally started decreasing thankfully ��

How are you feeling now Zoe? If u often get sad at this time, wait to your period is over, then re-evaluate. Ask yourself - Is there something that is worrying about the changes you will have when baby comes? Maybe talk about these worries with ur partner at that point. If you're still on track for a baby, then you know to expect these mood dips when AF shows (if she shows again!), and that it's hormonal, nothing more. If not, then work out what's worrying you, brainstorm on how to overcome the worries, and get back on the saddle (pun intended).

We're all here for you :)

How are you feeling now Zoe? If u often get sad at this time, wait to your period is over, then re-evaluate. Ask yourself - Is there something that is worrying about the changes you will have when baby comes? Maybe talk about these worries with ur partner at that point. If you're still on track for a baby, then you know to expect these mood dips when AF shows (if she shows again!), and that it's hormonal, nothing more. If not, then work out what's worrying you, brainstorm on how to overcome the worries, and get back on the saddle (pun intended).

We're all here for you :)

JoJazie- thanks for that sweet response. I'm sure that these feelings are directly related to my hormones :( good advice to re-evaluate my feelings after my period is over. I guess now that it's January it's officially time to TTC. I've literally been waiting for this for such a long time and now that it's here it's a little scary. Anyway I'm feeling a little better tonight. All my girlfriends came over to watch The Bachelor :) we had a blast! It's a yearly tradition. We get together and have snacks, drink wine and do a Bachelor bracket. So much fun! Definitely helped to put me in a better mood.

That's great Zoe! What a great thing you gals do! Is it Bachelor season beginning or ending over there? In Australia we haven't started one yet. Our last one was with bachelor Richie (from Australia). Is it Ben Higgins over there right now?

Do you friends know you're TTC this month? I'm not certain if how much I'll be telling my besties... I want to share the journey with them, but also don't know how I'll feel once I'm in the thick of it. Maybe I'll just wait and c. Who knows, maybe it won't take too long and there will be a short journey ;). (Here's hoping!)

Good Morning & Happy New Year Ladies - And welcome to all the new ladies!

Zoe - Your feelings are soo incredibly normal, I had them and still do! I don't think they will go away until the baby actual comes and there is no turning back! All I know, is that I love my DH and I want to have my family with him. I was married to my ex-husband for 10 years (I got married at 21) and knew I couldn't have children with him which is one of the reasons I left. But when you know, you know. I can't really explain the feeling. I just feel very at peace right now with everything. Now, as for when you are pregnant and your DH is driving you nutso that's another story! LOL

Perky - I am so sorry, I love your attitude. I ultimately believe everything happens for a reason. I am following your journey and looking forward to hearing about this next cycle with you!

jlg621 - I didn't experience any symptoms and being 11 weeks in I still haven't had any of the "normal" symptoms other than the occasional bloat and food cravings, but those didn't start probably until 9 weeks in. Everyone is so different, but it is still fun to compare symptoms.

AFM - Back to work and the daily grind. Booo, other than that nothing new here. I go in for my First Trimester screening and since I will be an older mommy they have to do all the not-so pleasant ones but I would rather know if something is wrong with the baby so we can be fully prepared than not know. Then I do not go back to see my OB until the week of Jan 23rd, which is soooo long compared to the every two weeks I have been going.

Going to start planning my babymoon today so I am looking forward to that!

JOIE - HAPPY ALMOST 11 WEEKS!!! YEAY!! 2nd TRI HERE WE COME!!!

You guys are all very awesome. It is nice to have people who are like minded to talk to about it. I have girlfriends who are single and don't totally "get it" or friends that do get pregnant, weren't ttc! (unfair lol) I've started taking maca and vitex this month. I may need to go to the doctor, but I'm going to give it a shot this month first. My last cycle before this one was in October. Before that was in May! So TTC for me isn't about just "next cycle" because I truly don't know when it will be. I've heard lots of positives on regulating cycles with these herbs so fingers crossed!

JLG- when will you be testing? FX'd for a BFP for you!!

-Perky I think those feelings are very normal. You know everything will change when there is a baby and change can feel scary. As long as you know deep down that you both want a family, the change will feel good when it comes :)

Hi tbfromlv - I too had always had irregular cycles, since I was 16. I could go 6 months without a period and was then later diagnosed with PCOS. I agree with you, the charting and the tracking doesn't really apply to us. I would try the herbs and see how they work. I went on Metphormine and then I later took Clomid to help me ovulate. It took my 2 cycles to conceive so it is definitely possible!

tbfromlv - Hopefully your cycles regulate soon, I can't imagine that. Do you know why you have irregular cycles, if you don't mind my asking?
I should be testing in about a week! But I wasn't charting until recently so I cannot pinpoint my exact O date. So going to start in a week and go from there until AF comes or doesn't. My body is so messed up right now with the cold and back issues that I am having a hard time noticing any symptoms. I hurt everywhere. LOL

Hope everyone else has a lovely Tuesday!! Baby Dust to all!

TTC- I started wondering if I may have PCOS. However, I have no other PCOS symptoms except the missing/irregular cycles.

JLG- I am not sure why they are irregular. To be honest, I just figured that was the way they were and didn't ever question it or try to fix it. Now that I am married and want to get pregnant, I'm actually concerned!

I've been tracking my cycles for a few years, just to see if I could get any form of consistency. Last year, I was on a 31 day cycle in March, April & May, then it disappeared again. Prior to that was the previous November. I tried to figure out what I was doing differently in that time period. The only difference was increased HIIT (High intensity interval training- good fat burning cardio) and I started lowering my carb intake by cycling them. I am big into the weights so I had just been doing a "cut" when my cycles were normal. So I am going to try to up my healthy fats and lower my carb intake as well to see if that helps too. I'm going to keep temping and tracking that as well so if things do not change, I have more data to bring to my doc.

JoJazie- Last night was the premiere and it's Nick Vialle :) Ben Higgins was last season. And a few of my friends know that we are TTC but not all of them. My mom knows too.

TTC- thank you for the sweet response. I'm feeling a lot better today. I think my hormones are to blame for my ill attitude the past couple days.

Zoe - aw ok, we may or may not get that one here. Sometimes we stumble across the American Bachelor but I don't know when it comes! Well, our Aussie one should start mid way through this year I think.

Um, what's a baby Moon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->