• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tutti bambini marie furniture set

bagpuss5

Reaction score
Hi everyone, we are looking for a furniture set and quite like the tutti bambini marie 7 piece set in Walnut. There are limited and mixed reviews on the net about their furniture, any of you guys have the marie set, is the quality etc any good? Cheers :thumbup:

Tutti Bambini 7 piece white cot sleigh bed"

I ordered tutti bambini 7 piece sleigh cot bed and was told it would be delivered and assembled on the first of November and i recieved a txt message a couple of days before it was due to come saying they would have to deliver it on 30th of november at earliest, when i told them that was no use as my baby would already be here and would not have anywhere to sleep or keep its stuff, they then offered to send just the bed.(flat packed even thou i paid for assembly)..what use is that am i supposed to just leave all babies stuff on floor? The communication was terrible and quite frankly their attitudes towards me was very offensive. I paid for my furniture in may so they had no excuse. i asked for a full refund and was told it can take upto 10 days. I now only have a week to find furniture and am down £1,500 and am going to have to fork out more for new furniture some where else unitl they eventually refund me. i have never been so disapointed before in my life...TUTTI BAMBINI MAY AS WELL BE SCAM ARTISTS AS THEY BASICALLY TAKE YOUR MONEY AND RUN!!!!!!!!!!

i would NOT recommend anybody to buy from them unless you want to set yourself up for disapointment.

My experience is similar, I ordered the old English Marie set in August 2008 for delivery in October, (I bought and paid through woolworths who told me I had to ring tutti bambini to arrange delivery) when it arrived the chest changer was missing, I had no warning or paperwork explaining why and because I didnt pay for them to install it they left it all on the pavement outside my house saying they weren't insured to lift it any further than off the van and just drove off! When I checked and noticed it was missing, I rang woolys who said my order was complete with them so contact tutti bambini direct. All TB said was, there wasn't any in stock I should call back early December to arrange delivery!!

I called early Dec to be told that they were in stock but I couldn't have one because woolys had just gone bust so they weren't sending out any woolys orders! I told them I'd paid in Aug and received everything else but was told it's not their problem, if I wanted one it would be £425!! I'd paid £1000 for 5 pieces so was not gonna pay half that again for one peice! Woolys apologised and after 3 weeks offered a refund of £300... I had just gone into labour (the week before Christmas). Tried TB again as my mum offered to pay the difference, but closed for Xmas! Rang 1st Monday of new yr to be told ok, took payment and then told they were out of stock again, it would be April!... Then May! .... Then guaranteed end of June! I told them my baby was now on solid foods and would be out of nappies at this rate!!! We were moving abroad on the 13th July and they guaranteed that it would be available for dispatch no later than the 5th, on the 5th I was told they would be in stock fri 10th for del mon 13th our moving day!! I agreed morning delivery finally. Mon afternoon I rang and there had been a loading error and no van now til 15th!!! The attitude I got was basically - what are you moaning for it's in stock now and we are offering to finally get it to you after your wait!! As if I was the awkward one and they were doing everything they could!! I had no choice but to cancel after all that wait and when I asked for a refund they said "we never took it off your card anyway, we just keep your card details until it's dispatched, then take payment!!" - so basically they were never under any obligation to fulfil my order!! I continued to use a changing mat on the floor!!!

I am adding to this thread - as I have only just performed a search for Tutti Bambini just to let you know of my experiences.

Basically we fell in love with the Marie white sleigh set - we paid for the 3 piece set via tescos - got a brilliant deal - should have been £1,099 which included free assembly plus a free rocker/glider chair to go with the furniture. And got for £880 which included over 2100 club card points plus £32 cash back from quid co - basically I was happy to get it at this price and didn't hesitate - just paid for it. This was in October 2011. I got a text a few days later saying that they would be delivering it end of November. I called them and said I would really like it earlier - they agreed that they would deliver and install on 17th November.

So the day came and two men came and installed the furniture - hubby was upstairs decorating another room and I was downstairs tending to Harry who was only born a few days earlier. Hubby came down and gave me a piece of paper work to sign I signed it straight away and then noticed that on this paper work there were loads of questions. I said to hubby can you have a quick look over it as the questions that they were asking were very specific - like are you happy with the furniture installed today, were the installers professional, basically it was a big sign off form which I felt that if there had of been anything wrong this bit of paper would have disclaimed them.

So asked hubby to take a look over it - thank god he did. The wardrobe and cot were fine. The changer unit wasn't right at all - basically there is a ledge surrounding the top and the wood didn't seem to be the right length. Hubby agreed with the installers that this was originally flat packed and that sometimes this can happen - but it was not acceptable - there were gaps and it was not right - hubby asked me how much would this piece of furniture cost on its own - i said around £450 - hubby said no way - we want a new one.

So basically the installers called head office and they passed someone on the phone to us - he said that he needed evidence of this faulty furniture as the installers would not admit to head office - so I took pictures and sent them to the managing director of tutti bambini (just seems so unprofessional - i mean can you imagine john lewis doing this) - he said that he would accept some of the faults but not all of them.

He gave us 3 options:

1. Take £50 gesture of goodwill and accept the piece of furniture as it is.
2. Get the installers to take everything away and get a full refund.
3. Accept the piece of furniture till January when a brand new non faulty one will be delivered.

I went in for option 3.

- sorry as my dinner is almost cooked I will come back with the rest of this story as don't want to get disconnected.

continued on.

So as I said I went for option 3 and said to the director that he should outline this in an email before I sign the paper work to the installers. The installers were anxious to get away but I explained to them that they can go with out the paper work or until I receive the email stating that I would be receiving the new changer in January.

This email seemed to take forever to come through .... the installers were really getting tetchy with me and I asked them to go outside and remain in their van - I just had this feeling of uncomfortableness with them - they also tried to walk away with the paper work my hubby had to stop them ....

The director then called me and said that instead of sending the email - can I rethink option 1 as he said that a piece of wood wouldn't cost that much and I would actually be 'making' out of it .... I said to him on the phone 'are you taking the piss' - hubby came to me and said what the hell is going on .... hubby took the phone and said that we have agreed option 3 and that we are awaiting the email .... this director still tried to convince us that option 1 was really good.

In the end I said to him to tell his installers to leave in their van without the paperwork and I would go to tescos to complain - he then said that the email was on its way to me. I came downstairs checked and he had sent the email - it was very short and I had to respond stating that no further installation or delivery charges would be incurred - to which he responded and said no.

So where I am at now is I have the furniture but a dodgy changer and will be getting a new one in January 2012 - apparently on the 20th.

Will keep you posted, the other pieces of furniture are absolutely beautiful - but the customer service is total rank ....

I'm glad I picked up on this we were just about to the Rio 3 piece nursery furniture set here. I think we might now choose to spend a little more on the Cosatto Hogarth. Anyone got any experience with Hogarth 3 piece furniture sets ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->