Tv in baby nursery?

im not putting a tv in babys room until shes atleast 12! my step daughter cries bloody murder now cuz she doesnt have a tv in her room, and she does at her mums. bed is for bedtime i have to tell her, but in the end we have to leave her to cry until she falls asleep. if she stays up and watches it, she just doesnt go to sleep. so from that im not putting a tv in lilys room either. not only will it give me and her a quiet time to bond, and me to concentrate on her feeds, its be sooo nice to actually have silence! lol.

No, I wouldn't ever consider it. I wouldn't even put a tv in a grown child's room, ever. We depend way too much on television these days and that is absolutely the last thing I would want to teach my kid. Babies don't need 50'' televisions.

Some mothers I've spoken to have told me that they really like their baby noise machines. Apparently babies do like a certain amount of sound going on around them since they are used to hearing sounds from the womb (sounds like your heartbeat and organs, swooshing sounds, and sounds form the outside). Baby noise machines are designed to replicate the womb sounds. You might try one of those instead.

https://www.google.com/#q=baby+nois...15&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=52f01a95353e1206

It is true about the noise, my little one use to love the noise of the hoover. :haha:

hehe, the hoover! funny how some sounds they love isnt it. ive got a whinnie the pooh mobile that plays sounds too, so ill be playing that, and my mum bought a little machine thing that i can put in the cot and can actually plug our ipods in to play music, which ill be doing. she seems to love drum and bass. she wriggles like mad when i play it now hehe.
the machine was only 3quid from ebay so worth a try lol

This is really interesting. I wouldn't have thought about having a TV in the nursery but I can see why it could seem useful, although it sounds like all the tips for nightfeeds are to keep them as quiet and calm as possible. I'm actually quite encouraged by that idea as I did have visions of being up for hours at a time each night! I had a TV in my room from when I was about 13-14 and I did watch it late at night sometimes, so I think we'll avoid that for our little one - although I was also a book worm and would read really late into the night, sneakily putting the light back on after Mum had turned it out, so maybe TV isn't the only thing to keep kids up past their bedtimes! But I'd be most worried for older children about some of the dodgy programmes that come on late at night these days that you wouldn't want them to watch.

i'd say absolutely not. the last thing you want is stimulation! i used my cell phone to keep me amused during night feeds, uploaded some games, checked the internet. Am getting a smart phone in a couple of weeks so am going to try and find some games i can do one handed!

LO's cot will be in our room for a little while and we do have a TV in there, but I can't imagine even thinking of fussing about to find a program to watch while I'm feeding LO! When he goes into his own room, no TV in there until probably he's in high school. I'm very firm on this because I believe that homework should come first before entertainment and besides, I don't want him glued to the TV all the time! There's a world out there to explore!

There is no way I would put a tely in the nursery. If you think you're getting bored during nighttime feeds take a book or magazine, but I always feed my son in the dark after 7pm until 7am so he would understand its nighttime and not playtime.

I wouldn't, because like others have said, night feeds are all about keeping things calm, quiet, and dark. I put a big fat cushy chair in my son's room and would feed him there; things were so relaxed that often times I'd fall asleep nearly as soon as I had him latched, and wake up when he pulled away (he was asleep at that point, too). It was lovely, helped me get more rest!

He's now 2 1/2 and while he has our old TV in his room, it's not hooked up to cable/antenna. We only use it to play Elmo DVDs or Baby Einstein sometimes in the morning, and he is a wonderful sleeper. But I wouldn't have used it during night feeds with fear it would have woken him up.

when i was little my mum had to hold by the ankles upside down every time she hoovered as i loved it lol

id sit in the quiet when feeding zane but i did used to fall asleep lol so might have to turn the tv on this time around, and it wasnt till he hit 6 months i started using a winnie the pooh music projector. but this time around ile be using a mobile or the pooh projector straight away as part of a bedtime routine

im putting a small one in the babies room but mainly b.c i plan on breast feeding and i want to have something in there for me to keep me up for example if tis 1am and i have to feed the baby

i was going to put a tv and dvd player in the nursery 1 because i thought it might be useful for long feeds and 2 because i literally have nowhere else to put it and dont want to get rid of it (live in a 2 bed flat)

the tv would be for me, not baby and as soon as i didnt need it in there i wouldnt turn it on and when we get a bigger place and baby is older he wont have a tv in his room until hes older

nope, not for us either. never even crossed my mind lol x

Dh was thinking of putting the tv - for me during the late nights (not for baby and not for when baby gets older). Lots of good input.

The OH and I don't actually use a tv at all. Anything we are actually interested in can be watched on a computer and we don't keep those in the bedroom either. If you want something for baby, I would recommend some kind of music/soothing noise toy. Our two year old really loves the one we got for her and still plays it sometimes. She won't be allowed to have electronics in her room for quite some time either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->