Twilight Vs True Blood

Reedy

Outnumbered x
Reaction score
So I read the Twilight series about a year & a half ago & loved them so someone recommended the Sookie Stackhouse books to me & I got 9 of the books for xmas x I'm halfway through the first book & I'm really enjoying it, its a lot rauchier than the twilight books & more adult but something is niggling me & wondered if someone could give me the answer x
Which was written first? Twilight or True Blood??
Because the similarities between the two are uncanny x
Edward can read peoples thoughts - So can Sookie
Edward cant read Bella's thoughts - Sookie cant read Bill's
The volturi - Eric
and now I've just found out that there is a Werewolf in True Blood???
I'm sure theres more but cant think right now, plus I'm only on the first book x Can anyone else think of some similarities between the books? x
Is it going to be like this through the whole 9 books??

and most importantly, who stole the idea from who??

They're both different stories, no one stole anything.

There's only so much you can write about supernatural creatures before you get something in common with another author.

Twilight is a love story for teens.
Sookie is a smutty vamp series for adults.

Twilight was 2004, dunno about Sookie. I enjoy them both, along side Anne Rice, Buffy, and any other vamps I can get my hands on lol.

The first True Blood book was released in 2001. So Charlaine got there first! :)

I like them both. They are totally different, especially when you get further into the TB series.

Thanks girls x
I'm loving reading TB its fab & a bit more edgy than Twilight x
I want to watch the series too but think i'll wait till ive read all of the books x

Yeh Sookie Stackhouse were first and I love them both but prefer True Blood...More grown up lol...New season starts in few weeks too :)...Have you read Vampire Diaries too ??

end of june for the states ... but in the uk january 2012:dohh::dohh::dohh::dohh:
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

You can watch online though, usually a day after the US airs it. ;)

Havent read vampire diaries x Are they good?? x

I thought the vampire diaries books were aimed at kids/very early teens, I only read the first one and wasn't too keen. But check out the nightworld series by the same author, it's still aimed at teens but I thought the writing was much better, although the themes are pretty same-y in each book.

I don't think I can compare as I saw the film of Twilight and it was so godawful, I am completely disinterested in reading the books.
Sorry to the Twilight fans out there, but that was two hours of my life I will never get back. :nope:

True Blood, on the other hand, is a very well-written and well-acted show. The Sookie books are fun. Not amazing, but a light, fun read.

I don't think I can compare as I saw the film of Twilight and it was so godawful, I am completely disinterested in reading the books.
Sorry to the Twilight fans out there, but that was two hours of my life I will never get back. :nope:
True Blood, on the other hand, is a very well-written and well-acted show. The Sookie books are fun. Not amazing, but a light, fun read.

WHAT???? how very dare you!!!! :rofl:
tbh I said to my sister, if your a twihard then the films are great but in reality, they are pretty shocking, as is the acting lol but I am a twihard so i think they are fab lol x
Cant wait to watch True blood x

I read the Twilight series and loved them! Now I'm into True Blood (the HBO series), but have yet to pick-up the books. I haven't heard great things about the books, but if they are anything like the movies, I'm all for it!

I also read the Vampire Diaries (and watch the show), but those books are aimed at teenagers. I did enjoy them, just not nearly as much as Twilight.

I love all three Twilight, True Blood and TVD (Not the books--havent read) for the same reason. Finally vamps I can relate too. :)

It's sexy, it's intoxicating and it's fantasy! :)

Haha, I agree the twilight films are in the 'so bad it's good' category! The books are too, for that matter. I love them though :)

I couldn't get into the first sookie book. Didn't like the writing. Might give it another go when I get chance!

I prefer Anne Rice to either, but for supernatural you can't beat Mercedes Lackey's Diana Tregard series imho ... hard to get hold of sadly and not strictly speaking vampires but absolutely amazing :thumbup:

Anne Rice was fun, wasn't she? I think I prefer the humour and satire in the Sookie series, but Anne Rice was the early queen of the genre, I think.
I will look up Mercedes Lackey at the library. Thanks!

Anne Rice was fun, wasn't she? I think I prefer the humour and satire in the Sookie series, but Anne Rice was the early queen of the genre, I think.
I will look up Mercedes Lackey at the library. Thanks!

Mercedes Lackey's 'urban fantasy' stuff is much easier to get in North America than here in the UK (I have people bring them back from holidays lol), so good luck and enjoy :thumbup:

True blood back on British tv in February :) new season, going to watch it as oh wiped the computer with it on :( so depressing ! haha x

got to convince him to buy some tickets to go to Bitten this year :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->