Twin bumps??

I suspected twins.. Because of how dark my lines were and how they rapidly were getting darker by the day. My betas were ultra high, and I started getting nauseous at 4 wks.. Never got bad, but I usually don't have that for a few more weeks. Ultrasound at 6wks confirmed twins, and by 9 weeks I was already measuring 13wks.

Did you suspect you were having twins/multiples before you had the ultrasound?
I am wondering about myself because my symptoms feel exaggerated and I have read in several places that for a few reasons I am more likely to conceive twins.

I knew when the test became positive (strong) 7 DPO, and kept getting stronger, then when I got my Beta numbers, it was highly suspected. Right when I was 4 weeks on the dot, I had severe morning sickness that by 6 weeks I had lost 8 lbs. 7week ultrasound confirmed what hubby and I suspected :happydance::happydance:

2013-01-22_19-12-05_45.jpgThis is my bump at 12 weeks! I do have two boys were were huge at birth, so I think I'm showing a lot sooner because of that too. At 15 weeks, I'm a bit bigger. I'm 5'2" and 115 normally.

By 20 weeks, what had most of you twins moms gained? I've read twin pregnancy research that says to gain at least 20 lbs by 20 weeks.... Since all of you are in your final waiting days, do you have any advice, secrets for me so I can give my twins the best start...

A lot of people are at various stages on this forum. I would say make sure you eat enough protein. It is important for the placenta. Remember with bumps there can be a wide variety of normal. I felt huge at first but actually don't feel do big now. I am measuring almost 32 weeks so between 6 and 7 weeks ahead.

I think I had gained 15 pounds by 20 weeks but it might have been almost 20, pregnancy brain has set in and my memory has been awful lately. I am up almost 30 pounds now. I have a goal to gain about 5-10 more pounds before they come which is between 3-6 weeks. My OB said don't bother trying to follow any guidelines really and she'd let me know if I needed to gain more but I couldn't help but watch it. Like babyduo said don't stress about how big you are. The most I have ever measured ahead of a singleton wasn't even a full 3 weeks, so I am just carrying small.

Thanks for the input, I appreciate it. I'm not really worried about size but just that I gain enough weight so that the twins gain the most amount of weight.

Bee- it doesn't really work that way. If you are super skinny or undernourished then perhaps but for the most part they take what they need. Likely the most important thing is vitamins (again for your sake so they don't take all yours).

by 20 weeks i had only put on 10lbs. this was when i found out i was having twins also so was only eating like i was having a singleton and both of them were measuring right where they were supposed to be and healthy.
I agree with drsquid that they take what they need from you so as long as you weren't underweight when you got pregnant they should be good just make sure your eating healthy and getting your vitamins and lots of protein.
At my 20 week appt they noticed my iron was low and once i adjusted my diet to add more iron rich foods and a extra 300 calories for the added baby things went mostly back to normal.
With my singletons i never ate as clean as i did with the twins and at my pp bloodwork everything was right where it was supposed to be but with my other i had to be on supplement for awhile after to get everything back up to where it was supposed to be. also after those ones i had a horrible time with my teeth. they sucked the calcium right out of me but after the twins i haven't had any issues with them.

ladies such lovely bumps :thumbup:
drsquid your getting so close don't try to rush them out lol you'll miss that big uncomfortable bump once it's gone enjoy it as long as you can.
Never thought i would miss mine and although it is nice to be able to get my own underware on now without it turning into a long laboring workout :haha: or get on regular shoe on my own, i do miss my bump.

Thanks for all the advice. I love it! I love seeing photos of all you guys that have had your babies already. I have two boys from two healthy pregnancies, I'm a nursing student and my husband is a flight paramedic and I know A LOT about obstetrics and such....

but these twins have thrown me for a loop and make me so worried about everything!!! It doesn't help that from 8 weeks on, I had massive bleeding from a hematoma affecting one of the placentas and now I have bleeding at 15 weeks from placenta previa. I'm normally a calm, intelligent person but these babies turn me to mush with worry about their well being. But every ultrasound, they are doing super well. Thanks for the encouragement just by seeing all your little babies and those who are well into your 3rd trimester.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v223/Tanjakitten/d69c7ef3-dae8-422e-b2bd-fc03d71bc234_zpsfc896d7c.jpg https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v223/Tanjakitten/8f98e9d6-1aa4-4927-9b14-5228edb47aef_zps832fd967.jpg

I think I'm going to be gigantic!

yeah i know ill miss it..but i also want as much time with the babies as i can get before i go back to work and while my folks are here..

37 weeks

Attachments

• photo(25).jpg
    photo(25).jpg
    29 KB · Views: 50
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v223/Tanjakitten/d69c7ef3-dae8-422e-b2bd-fc03d71bc234_zpsfc896d7c.jpg https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v223/Tanjakitten/8f98e9d6-1aa4-4927-9b14-5228edb47aef_zps832fd967.jpg

I think I'm going to be gigantic!
I went in at 25 weeks and was measuring almost 32 cm. Which is actually about right since their combined weights would equal an average 32 week singleton. The question is how big will I be in a few weeks.

Guess who made it to 37 weeks!!! :happydance: Im convinced these babies would stay in there forever given half the chance lol. Luckily for mummy they are being evicted on thursday as i dont think i can go on any longer :wacko: My body has given up on me xxx

Attachments

• 37 Week Bump.jpg
    37 Week Bump.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 40
I'm pretty done too. Eviction date is a week from Monday (the 25th). Felt crap yesterday so I thought maybe but... Feel ok today.

How exciting for you mamas about to meet your little ones!!! Keep us updated please!

Guess who made it to 37 weeks!!! :happydance: Im convinced these babies would stay in there forever given half the chance lol. Luckily for mummy they are being evicted on thursday as i dont think i can go on any longer :wacko: My body has given up on me xxx

Congrats! You look great. Just a few more days!!!

Great bumps ladies. Kelly bump is soooo neat! Are these your first babies? Xx

Thanks everyone, nearly there now Drsquid! I'm hoping it will happen spontaneously but just don't see it happening :( I will make sure I let you all know as soon as they arrive. Hoping they are born on the 22-02-13 as that will be 10 years to the day of myself and hubby meeting :) and no they are not my first, I have a 6 year old son and 4 year old daughter. The stretchies you can see in the pic are from my son and so far only the top ones have gone red so hoping not to get any more in the next 4 days xxx

This is the day that I gave birth,(10-30-2012) I was 37Wks and 4days
I put on a total of 55lbs and I was ALL out front i was huge(54inches around)...you girls can make it and the longer the better:) My girls were 7lbs 5oz and 6lbs 14oz, this was also #2and3 for me

Attachments

• 37weeks4days.jpg
    37weeks4days.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 47

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member