Twin bumps??

I saw your thread worrying about your size, you bump is a lot bigger than mine was at your stage, you really can't use your size for reference on the size of the babies, at least not early on. The picture in the gray shirt was me at 17 weeks, it was when my bump started to be a little noticeable. At 15 weeks the blue shirt I was noticing changes but no one else could. Today (purple shirt) I am 28 weeks and even though sometimes I feel huge I don't think I look it too much, I am up just over 25lbs and measuring 30 weeks. (Also for reference I am only 5 foot tall so I have a pretty short bump).

View attachment 562613
View attachment 562609
View attachment 562621

Your bump is lovely. Thanks for replying.. it put my mind a little more at ease :hugs: i have my 20 week scan tommorow morning.. wish me luck =) xx[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Thats a nice long scan :) plenty of time to see the little ones. Twin bumps are just like singleton bumps where one person will be HUGE and someone will still look tiny even if they are just as far along as each other. My SIL was one of those people who was always huge. At first I was comparing myself to her and got so worried because my twin bump was half the size of her singleton bump but once I got over that and just accepted my babies were fine and it didn't matter what size I was I felt so much better and thats when my bump really started growing.

ttc1soon & first time, my best friend is pregnant and is huge even though she's only having one and it's almost like she's smug coz her bump is bigger and i'm not as good at being pregnant because i'm smaller! But she started off chunkier than me and has put on a good amount too so i'm thinking really if she didnt have as much weight on her we might be more alike and, who cares...surely it means we'll stretch out less and hopefully ping back a little quicker and avoid as many stretch marks?! I'm very positive about my little bump, i love it!! x

ttc1soon & first time, my best friend is pregnant and is huge even though she's only having one and it's almost like she's smug coz her bump is bigger and i'm not as good at being pregnant because i'm smaller! But she started off chunkier than me and has put on a good amount too so i'm thinking really if she didnt have as much weight on her we might be more alike and, who cares...surely it means we'll stretch out less and hopefully ping back a little quicker and avoid as many stretch marks?! I'm very positive about my little bump, i love it!! x

Whenever I see the nurses at the hospital for my NSTs they always comment on how I am all baby and so tiny, and they always add in that its great because I will just bounce right back super fast. Besides where my belly button ring use to be (i only had it for a month and let it close) I don't have any stretch marks yet. I am sure I will get some because I still have a ways to go but so far I am happy.

22 weeks
Dirty mirror was DS not me, honest :haha:

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v332/kjrandom/AA641130-C1E3-4167-B870-F9B0E9254555-5836-0000075B1C815393_zpsab3ecda2.jpg

You look great Cottleston!! :thumbup: Your bump has definatly grown since your last bump pic!!! :winkwink: I hope you have a wonderful weekend!:flower:

13 week 2 day twin bump pic...

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/13weeks02-082013best_zps80a8b633.jpg

36 Week Bump! 11 days until induction unless these bubba's decide to appear before eviction!!! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: xxxx

Attachments

• 36 Week Bump.jpg
    36 Week Bump.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 5
Got my induction date of the 25th at 38 and 5. Come on babies. Lets get moving.

i dont wanna hold out that long nor does my ob want me to. better to go into labor than be induced.. that is my final, you go no further than this date date. walked a ton today... carried a 20 lb bag of cat food.. lots of advice from people (mostly involving pizza) but nada.. but i do want weds cause it is a cool date so..

i dont wanna hold out that long nor does my ob want me to. better to go into labor than be induced.. that is my final, you go no further than this date date. walked a ton today... carried a 20 lb bag of cat food.. lots of advice from people (mostly involving pizza) but nada.. but i do want weds cause it is a cool date so..

Haha, trying all the tricks in the books? I hadn't heard the pizza thing before but good luck!

Did you suspect you were having twins/multiples before you had the ultrasound?
I am wondering about myself because my symptoms feel exaggerated and I have read in several places that for a few reasons I am more likely to conceive twins.

it is funny everyone has "their" pizza place that works... im mostly joking. im happy to let them keep baking just feel bad keeping my folks waiting..

Did you suspect you were having twins/multiples before you had the ultrasound?
I am wondering about myself because my symptoms feel exaggerated and I have read in several places that for a few reasons I am more likely to conceive twins.

This gets asked a lot and most moms on here did not suspect twins until the ultrasound. A lot of moms also had very mild symptoms.

Can I ask you guys, do they know (unless through IVF of course) if they're identical or fraternal or is that only found out after birth? Have you all conceived through IVF or assisted? THanks :flower:

Mine were conceived naturally and are fraternal. They assumed they were fraternal from the beginning because of the large size difference and it was confirmed when they were boy/girl.

Can I ask you guys, do they know (unless through IVF of course) if they're identical or fraternal or is that only found out after birth? Have you all conceived through IVF or assisted? THanks :flower:

If twins have separate placentas and are same gender the only way to know for sure is DNA testing. If they share a placenta they are identicals (rarely a placenta can fuse)

I actually asked the other day at the hospital how they knew my boys were fraternal because if they egg splits early then surely it'd implant the same as a fraternal set of twins...basically she said it's something to do with the how the sac line between looks but i'm not convinced. If my boys look anything alike i'll defo be having a test to check!!

Here's my updated pic...took this morning so i'm 21+6 :)

Attachments

• 22wks.jpg
    22wks.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 16
They says the same to me... Something about a V shape where the sacs meet? But we'll see.

well.. you are right.. it depends when they split.. if they split early enough then they will have separate everything and that "v" will be there on us. id twins can run the gamut of being partially fused to having their own everything. frats always have their own everything (but if you scan later it can be hard to tell hence looking for the v). opposite sex=frat (while there are INCREDIBLY rare weird occurrences when that isnt true... it isnt really worth pondering). when they come out... if they are same sex, and look similar (and werent some form of mono anything that would make it clear they are identical ie shared placenta or sac) you can then get dna testing done

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->