Twin bumps??

Chloe you are looking GREAT for twins! How are there two babies in there! I have already put on 14kgs, I think Im going to try and slow it down tho now (note the 'try') lol cos I dont want to be so huge that I cant even move at the end!
I will be 24 weeks a couple days after you FM, thats true about the 12 week scan, it really didnt seem that long ago! I am sleeping so well at the mo, my bed is like a cloud, I love it! lol I wont skite too much, it wont be long before Im tossing and turning and in pain all night I bet! ONE MORE WEEK Chloe!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG hurry up time, I wanna see your babies!!!!!!! :D

thanks hunni!!!! dont worry too much about weight it will settle!! i put on most of my weight at the start and then started gaining at the end, in the middle it stopped, literally for two months or so!! not sure why! i had to increase my food intake to start gaining but even then i didnt gain as much as initially! i will tell you how much i lose after c section!!

omg i know hun ONE WEEK!!! well less now!!! i have:
saturday
sunday
monday
tuesday
wed
THURSDAY I SEE MY BOYS!!!!!

i must say i sleep very well at night but just wake up early!! cant help it! but my hubby wakes up early to go to work and then my doggy wakes up and comes up! so once i am awake i am awake type thing!!! i get into bed pretty early too!! hehe! beds are heaven!!!!!!! gonna miss my sleep!!!! these are my first so i dont even know what to exepct! well i guess none of do with twins!!! hehe!!

i still cant believe we are having 2 BABIES!!! at once!!

you guys are well past half way! it soon will you be turn that u are counting down the days rather than weeks or months!!!! :hugs::hugs:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Make sure you don't abandon us! I know you wont have the same amount of time to spend at the computer with two babies to look after, but try and come on as much as you can!
Feeding in the middle of the night really sucks, specially when you feel like you've been 'ripped off' when they baby (babies in our case) wakes up too early and you look over at the clock and it has only been an hour! I dont miss that part! And I suppose it depends if we get 'good' babies or not.. Sleepy ones will be great! (not like my other two)! Guess we'll see, you sooner than later!!!!

Make sure you don't abandon us! I know you wont have the same amount of time to spend at the computer with two babies to look after, but try and come on as much as you can!
Feeding in the middle of the night really sucks, specially when you feel like you've been 'ripped off' when they baby (babies in our case) wakes up too early and you look over at the clock and it has only been an hour! I dont miss that part! And I suppose it depends if we get 'good' babies or not.. Sleepy ones will be great! (not like my other two)! Guess we'll see, you sooner than later!!!!

dont worry i shall be coming on and updating and check on you guys!!!!! as it will be your turn very very soon :)

i am not sure what to expect with night feeds so i am bit worried but trying not to think about it as i think theres no point of worrying till i know whats going on!!! lol!! i shall be on here a lot trying to get help and advice no doubt!!!

lets pray for "sleepy" babies!!!!! :happydance: if not... well lets pray for patience!!!!:hugs: lol!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxx

Patience is so not my thing! Its gonna have to be tho I guess :/
I wonder if coffee will help to make us really energetic and cope better with tiredness, or if it will do nothing to us and just pass through our milk to the babies and make them all hypo.... Thats if the breastfeeding thing happens... Are you going to try and bf Chloe?

lets see how my patience is.... i shall let u know if i pull my hair out or not!! hehe!!!

well i read that if you leave 1 hour u can have lets say a glass of wine and it should be fine, so maybe coffe is the same? i think u can still have some?? ive not had coffee in months! and only in the last 3 monthd started on de caf tea! i miss my coffee.... but then again i dont want hyper twin boys!!!! lol!!!

yeah i am gong to try and BF. i really do want to, but if i cant for any reason or it just doesnt work out i am not gong to beat myself over it. but i really will try my best!!!

how about u?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Im the same. Ill definitely try, I did last time till 10 months, even tho in the 1st month I had to top up with syringes of formula after a feed cos my baby had colic and would spill constantly, and my milk is all quantity and not much quality and didnt really full a big hungry 9lber for long! But he never took a bottle and was BF till he was 10months and by then he was eating lots of food and drinking water outta a sippy cup (he wouldnt touch cows milk or formula) but I gave him lots of yogurt and cheese and he was fine with out milk.

So this time Ill try my best to keep both babies on breastmilk alone, but wont care if formula is necessary too. (I tend to be able to eat heaps and not gain weight at all when BF which is always good) :D

Im the same. Ill definitely try, I did last time till 10 months, even tho in the 1st month I had to top up with syringes of formula after a feed cos my baby had colic and would spill constantly, and my milk is all quantity and not much quality and didnt really full a big hungry 9lber for long! But he never took a bottle and was BF till he was 10months and by then he was eating lots of food and drinking water outta a sippy cup (he wouldnt touch cows milk or formula) but I gave him lots of yogurt and cheese and he was fine with out milk.

So this time Ill try my best to keep both babies on breastmilk alone, but wont care if formula is necessary too. (I tend to be able to eat heaps and not gain weight at all when BF which is always good) :D

i few people have said they are very hungry whilst breasfeeding!!!!!
u know how you are meant to lose 500 calories when breastfeeding one baby, are u meant to lose 1000 calories breastfeeding twins??????

sounds like u did a fab job in the past!! 10 months is really good! with all the stories i have heard of people lasting 2-3 weeks! 10 months is excellent!!

we can only try our best!! lets see how it all works out!!! hehe! i can only imagen if we plan things the opposite will happen!!! lol!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yea my biggest lesson I learnt really fast when having my 1st baby was 'Dont make a plan' cos if you do, and it fails, then you feel bad. But if you dont have a plan then anything will be fine!
Im hoping 1000 calories is right lol but probably a bit less, as twins are generally a bit smaller and wont eat as much per baby as one big singleton. Yea I got SO hungry, didnt lose weight tho (didnt try) but just stayed the same even tho I ate loads. With my 1st I tried to lose weight too fast, and my milk dried up really fast, she was on full time bottle by 5 1/2 months. So the second time round I let myself eat heaps for two full months till my milk was established, and it really worked!

no plan for me either, going with the flow! sounds like a better option! even though i am normally one for planning etc etc!!!

lol, yeah to be fair 1000 calories does sound like a lot ( a lovely amount! but a lot!) but i def think we would burn more than the avarage!

i will make sure i keep my eating up! if i have time!!! i do have a big appetite just hope im not too tired and have the time to maintian my eating!!!! i am not going to try and lose weight straight away as such if it does come off then i wouldnt be upset, lol!! but not gonna diet or anything until i am done breastfeeding!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey ladies, if it helps I always had really fussy singleton babies who just never slept between feeds until they reached 6mths. I was anticipating the same with the twins, but was pleasantly surprised to discover that one of them was the easiest, most contented baby I had ever had. The other was my usually unsettled type, but having atleast one easy going baby really made things easier.

As arj said, the biggest lesson you learn as a new mum is not to have big expectations and keep a very open mind. I think that's what makes being a mum second time around an easier experience.

I am so excited for you ladies, and a little bit jealous that you have your special day yet to come. I so miss the bump and the day they were born. Enjoy every moment, my boys are 2 next week and the time just goes sooo fast :( xxx

Hi girls! Such an exciting week for Chloe!!! I can't wait to see your boys~ You are looking tiny still for twins and your going to have them in 3 days!!! :)

How is everyone feeling? We need some updated pics now- its a new week!!! I will post mine tomrrow, can't do it today. Wait till you see the grow spurt I had in the last week@!!!! Holy sh*t!!!! I finally get to see what I'm having on Thursday, and I can't wait!!! I still really feel that I have one of each, as I have from the very beginning.... but we will see! lol

Cali I guess that you are having two girls :)
I bet you are really noticing the growth, and it really doesnt slow down anytime soon!
I'll post my 24 week one tomorrow too :)

I'll put another one up tomorrow if I remember. I spent 5 hours waiting at the hospital and in the delivery suite today for monitoring which was scary cos some lady was having a baby and she was screaming!!
Thought I sprung a leak turns out I just weed myself a few times :haha: His head is so low I cant feel myself going to the toilet its really weird feeling.....anyways while I was in delivery they attempted a sweep which failed cos his head was in the way and she could not hook her fingers behind it but she 'tried her best' so not hopeful that anything will happen but was told that it may of been just enough since I have been contracting all day long too.

Anyways I have my induction set down for Monday the 30th! 6 more sleeps omg nervous!! that is if they dont come before then.

Good luck Chloe!! Can't wait to hear your announcement :D I hope it all goes well for you

Thank you very much girlies!!! 2more sleeps till i see my boys!!! eeeks!
think bump has grown again in the last month!!! i shall post my last picture on thursday morning before i leave for the hospital!!! ahhhh!!!

caligirl - cant wait to hear what you have!!!

arj -woohoo 24 week!!!! looking forward to the weekely bump piccie!!!

zephyr - omg 6 more sleeps?? that will be here in no time!!! how exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i shall be looking for updates whilst prob getting no sleep and being up at random hours!!! hehe!!

i have my pre op tomorrow! and going for a meal with my parents and hubby tomorrow - lol, my hubby makes it out like our last meal! such a dramatic person sometimes!!! haha!!!

right i am off to get myself shaved in preparation!!!! LOL!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

big hugs

Just read the last few pages to catch up, cant believe how tiny you are chloe!!!

heres me at 23 weeks, 2 days https://i44.tinypic.com/24q8dja.jpg

ive put on 1 stone 4lb so far, guna be a pair of chunky munkys!!! x

arj- there is a part of me that thinks I'll never get a boy, and therefore it will be 2 more girls! lol although I will go crazy with 3 girls!!! Lol J/k right now my daughter is almost 17 and a "brat" does not really do justice to her lately!!! She was so easy when she was little!!!! What happened?! :shrug:
I honestly don't care either way, as long as they are healthy!

Zephyr- Good Luck!!! I hope it happens for you soon!!! Your so close now :)

Chloe- you will be having your babies while I'm in there finding out what I'm having!!:happydance: I get to go first thing in the morning... at 8:30

Kas- you look great!!! Your all belly too!! You have not gained very much! 18 pounds at 23 weeks!

I will post my pic in a bit... forgot to have hubby take one this morning! :haha:

Oh thinks im having two chunky monkeys too. Just by the size of me abd their weights so far. Yesterday at scan they were 689 & 699g/1lb8oz. Im 24wks now. Cant believe it.

fidgets- your girls weights are doing fantastic!! That's great! How much weight have you gained so far? Do you have a new picture for the week??

Thanks CaliGirl!! I thought 18lb was a lot and i was going to get a rollicking off the consultant next monday.

Fidgets mam - ill have a look and see what my 2 weigh at the scan, yours are very close in weight which is nice, hope mine are similar sizes but have a feeling the boys going to be a bit bigger!

At 24 weeks I am up 31 lbs! I thought since the boys are in the 95th percentile already I can stop eating as much, so in the last week it's been lots of lean meat, salad and oatmeal! So I didnt gain anything at all this week, thank goodness cos from 13 weeks to 23 weeks I was gaining a consistant 3lb a week! Couldnt keep that up or I seriously wouldnt even be able to fit through the door at the end! Gave the twins a good start tho I guess.
I have a friend who at 28 weeks with identical girls has only gained 2lbs, the docotrs are worried about it and the size of the babies. She has Gestational Diabetes so cant have much sugar but is being told to gain weight!

Zephyr, wow 6 more sleeps! And Chloe only a couple! It's gonna be weird not having you guys on here pregnant anymore, but instead busy twin mums! Cant wait to hear how it is with twins!
Kasal your bump is so little for 23 week! I think in my profile pic I was 22, I'm sure I'm huge compared to you! Im jealous of you and FM's 18lb weight gain!
Cali my 5 year old DD is hard enough, don't tell me it gets worse! Lol can't wait to find out what you are having! Maybe you might get a boy... FX for you!

Come on more bump pics! (I'll put mine on soon when DH gets in for breakfast to take a photo of me, maybe by then Ill be out of my dressing gown :D )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->