Twin bumps??

Thanks for the opinions girls! Yes, here in the states Hayden is definitely a name for both genders... but slowly becoming more popular for girls.
Shan- I hear you with the first and last initial being the same, but a lot of times it works well, depending on what the last name is of course! :)
Liz- I like Hattie! I already threw that out there but my daughter Hailey, does not like it! lol

Dee- I think Lottie is super cute! And mabel is not a name I hate, I just think its old generation, and there is nothing wrong with that!!

That's why I like to throw ideas out on here, because you can get opinions that are not offensive. Everyone keeps asking if we have picked out names, and we haven't, but we did decide that when we have, we are still not going to tell cause we don't want to know who loves or hates the names we chose. What would a grandma/pa aunt/uncle say after the fact, oh shes cute, but I hate her name?!! :haha:

We are doing the same. Once we pick names we aren't telling. We will see how long we can hold out. There's a good chance we won't settle on names til they are born. I'm so indecisive! And we haven't found a boy name we like, let alone two if its two boys!!

i had my anatomy scan with the twins and it wasnt a full 2 hours. it was more like an hour, but she did say it depended on the way the babies were laying.
good luck with all the scans

And I like Harper, Hayden is gender neutral in the states, I have heard it for both.

Aw I love the name Harper too but i dunno if id personally ever get away with using it for one of mine as everyone i know knows i love Victoria Beckham and as nice as the name is people would think i was like devoted to her or something haha calling one of mine the same as her. But is is a fab name!

Dee all the old names are coming back! I seen a girl in work the other day whos new baby was called Iris and I loved that one too. I worked with a Mabel once, and she was an old moany hag, but as old and moany as she was i still loved her name! its lovely and cute i think!

I have my anatomy scan tomorrow morning, im glad it wasnt this morning, been up all night with cramps and vomiting, think i either ate too much, it was too spicy, or i poisoned myself a bit! either way im feeling a bit better now just sipping water and resting. I think i might have like IBS or something cos every now and then i get these cramps like, i NEED to go the loo, like NOW but they come in waves and waves and i never actually need to go which makes them feel worse, so rolling round with that plus heartburn =me vommin all night, yay! I really should go get it checked out but it only flairs up every few months for like a night then its gone again.

We are also not telling anybody our names, well besides you ladies of course :haha:
Everybody is soooooo opinionated and it's started to get on my nerves! I mentioned some names we liked before we knew they were girls and my family laid it on me THICK! They basically insulted every name I threw out there and said I MUST hold a family meeting where everybody gets to vote - for MY kids names?!?! That got my back up an inch and I made it known that I was less than happy with them and they could shove that idea up their hoohas! So now we are not going to tell anybody (if we can keep it quiet as we're both excitable people lol). I just really don't think it should be anybody's business what WE choose to name OUR babies!

Hahaha. Oh the names thing. Everyone asks if we have names and I always say: "yes we do, but we aren't sharing them. We are so open about everything that this one thing is just for the girls and us!"

Seems to work well. Oh and I evidently look like a house as total strangers keep telling me not to "drop the baby here at the buffet" or the ever popular "you are about to pop." Oh if only they knew. When I say triplets it is typically a look of amazement, shock, terror, sympathy or some combination thereof.

San Fran- I'm super excited to find out too! LOL I really want a mix of genders since it's doubtful I'll decide to have another one after triplets! LOL But when we first found out I was preggo, I told the OH I thought it was triplets (we had an IUI so I knew this was a possibility, even though the Dr said it was extremely unlikely). And right after that I said I thought they were all girls. So we'll see. I think he and I would both prefer 2 girls and a boy...mostly because we can't agree on boys names at all! LOL

No, I don't feel them moving yet; and this may sound harsh, but I perfectly ok with that. Once they get bigger, I'll definitely be feeling them, and having three babies kicking me day and night is NOT going to pleasant. So I'll take the no movement for a while. LOL

The two hour scan you're having is what I'll be doing in two weeks. That's the Level II. But mine's going to be 3 hours. Ugh! I don't think I can even hold my bladder that long! LOL What do they do for higher order multiples?!

CaliGirl- Btw, I like both of your names. And I've definitely heard of Hayden being a girl's name as well as a boy's name.

Dee- I think the names Lottie and Mable are adorable! I think they are both old fashioned names and rarely heard anymore; but to me that's what makes them nice names. I like names that you don't hear very often.

Bella - can't wait to hear about your scan. So exciting! It will be a long one though! I don't feel mine either, but just saw them yesterday and they are in fact kicking. I had one head pressed against my cervix. Maybe just practicing their exit plans???

I was in my pajamas all day so I cut off my head in the pic!
https://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a2d905b3127ccef0e4dd9554f800000030O08GcuGblm2B7efDw/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Oh no! Did something happen or is it just a precaution? Will this be for the remainder of your pregnancy?

Cervix funneled 1 cm and shortened to 2.4-2.6 cm. I'll see the dr weekly and take progesterone suppositories. Hopefully it with lengthen out again (not unheard of) so I don't have to do hospital bedrest or cerclage.

And yes, continued until arrival, though they may lessen the amount of restrictions if it improves

17 weeks 1 day :D

Attachments

• 17weeks1day(1).jpg
    17weeks1day(1).jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 17weeks1day(2).jpg
    17weeks1day(2).jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 17weeks1day(3).jpg
    17weeks1day(3).jpg
    19 KB · Views: 0
  • 17weeks1day(4).jpg
    17weeks1day(4).jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 0
Oh no WTB :( so sorry to hear about your cervix. Please take it easy and look after your girlies. Will doc put a stitch in? Thinking of you hun :hugs:

Hey wtb, your cervix is still a very good length so there is every chance with rest it will gain length and/or close up again. Progesterone has very good results as an alternative to cerclage so fingers crossed it will do its job. I had a stitch with the twins and was on bed rest for 8mths, google and Internet shopping became my friends :hugs:

Sorry you are on bedrest WTB :hugs: Hopefully things will improve with your cervix soon, you are doing well hun, just rest and enjoy the pregnancy if you can :flower:

WTB - That really sucks. I'm so sorry to hear about the bed rest! :( Fx'd the progesterone will work for you!! :hugs:

Day one down! Hahah. Ah well. I'm feeling a little less pressure even after the first application but still nervous to do much. Already had my shower and got breakfast together so in bed till lunch. I think from here on out each day we pass will be its own little celebration!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->