Twin bumps??

I rested on the sofa rather than in bed wtb, that way I didn't feel quite so isolated and was still part of the general household. Moving around does feel too scary, so I pretty much didn't except for toilet, meal, shower breaks. I also mastered the art of stair climbing on all fours lol. Xx

Shan and Jo- your bumps look great!!! So cute and little still!!

wtb- I was on bed rest with my daughter, and I also stayed on the couch...Didn't happen till I was 32 weeks, but I only had one in there!!! So my Dr is beyond surprised that my cervix is still at 2.8-3.2
Did they find this out with the cervical check during the ultrasound? How long are the going to let you go with trips??

Cool. I think I'll have to do that whenever DH is home.

The dr is going to let me go as far as I can. Hopefully 35 ish if I can manage though that would be a miracle.

Hey everyone went for my anatomy scan today, both babies are lookin fab, she said theyre measuring perfect, all organs, limbs, etc all fine! Spoke to the midwife and she said my twins are confirmed fraternal as the two placentas are clearly seperate and so thats all fine and cos theyre fraternal if i havent gone by then already i will be induced by the hospital between 37w and 37w5days. Lead twin is head down, for now! we'll see how they go heeh im so excited!

Great news about your scan! Mine is on the 31st. Can't wait!

I thought that even if there were two placentas they could still be identical??

How is your bump coming along?

Glad the scan went well Lambchops :thumbup:

Yeah identicals can have seperate placentas if the egg splits early on, the only real way to tell fraternals on the ultrasound as far as i know is obviously if they are different sexes otherwise you may not know for sure until birth.

Did you get any pics?

Great news about your scan! Mine is on the 31st. Can't wait!

I thought that even if there were two placentas they could still be identical??

How is your bump coming along?

She said cos one placenta was on one side with one baby and the other was over the opposite side with the other one, theyre definately fraternal. It was probably more technical what she was telling me i was too busy lookin at the blobs on the screen she could tell were placentas haha how they know whats what on them screens i have no clue its all just dark and light patches and then baby! :dohh:

My bumps comin along nicely, think im just popping out of my work skirt now, had to undo the zip today! haha

Glad the scan went well Lambchops :thumbup:

Yeah identicals can have seperate placentas if the egg splits early on, the only real way to tell fraternals on the ultrasound as far as i know is obviously if they are different sexes otherwise you may not know for sure until birth.

Did you get any pics?

yehh heres one of each, twin one, the lower twin is head down, she had her hand on her head for most of the scan, layed back chillin with her hand up resting! twin 2 is breech at the min and is the slightly smaller twin, theres only a few MM between their measurements!

Attachments

• 21wks2.jpg
    21wks2.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 21wks.jpg
    21wks.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 4
I am fine thanks :) My mum gave me two beautiful white baby blankets she had knitted for the girlies today - i love them! :flower:

I am fine thanks :) My mum gave me two beautiful white baby blankets she had knitted for the girlies today - i love them! :flower:

Aww thats so lovely! I love all the hand knitted stuff, my Nan used to knit for everyone and she could make some gorgeous things but now shes not here ive had to get other people to do mine for me! Its all so nice isnt it.

WOW! I can't imagine 35 weeks with trips! That will be great~

Yay lamb! They look great! I have never heard that the position of the placentas can determine fraternal or not?! I thought since we have 2 sacks, 2 placentas that we also had fraternals, however I was corrected by the Dr. that since there is 2 girls, they can indeed still be identical. Was that the ultrasound tech or your Dr. who told you that? You don't yet know what the sexes are, right?

I don't think I gave you guys an update from last Friday- I had my measurement scan and "a" baby weighed 3lb5oz and "b"baby measured at 2lb12oz, and was at about a week behind... I get worried, but they don't seem to be at all?! My cervix was at 2.8 on the first measure and then 3.2 on the next

Here is my 30w1d photo.... man did I have a growth spurt!! :haha:
Now I am feeling sore all the time.. I have cramps off and on pretty much everyday. Getting up to pee is such a chore!! Sleep is almost a joke, I'm so uncomfortable all the time, but it seems to be even worse at night! :( My belly feels sooo tight and stretched out already, its hard to imagine there is room for how much bigger it's going to get!?!:wacko:Oh and my back hurts so bad all the time, I want to cry sometimes!
Ok sorry for the poor me vent session..

30w1d.jpg30weeks1d.jpg

You look so good Cali! My back is killing me too. I have so so long to go! Glad the scan went well and I guess if the doc isn't worried then you don't need to be.

Does anyone use a wedge for sleeping? I saw one at babies r us and was wondering if it helped. I got a pregnancy brace today and hope it helps my back pain.

Cali you look tiny for 30 weeks! Luck you! Looking great :)

Lambchops the girls are looking great hun :flower:

Cali you're looking gorgeous as always :D I've seen major growth, I remember first joining these boards when you were 20 something weeks and I remember thinking your bump was very neat and small for twins, you've come a long way!

july camera 2012 006.jpg ok so what do you lovely ladies think? could this be a twin bump at 12+2?? x

Any one else have trouble breathing after eating?? I'm literally struggling for air today; I may have a baby or two under my ribs this morning.

Cali girl, thanks for the info...at my 8wk ultrasound the tech said that because they were in different sacs that they were fraternal...but after some research i've found out they may not be, especially since she also said there is one placenta! I'm 18wks tomorrow and go for an ultrasound Tuesday, can't wait to find out what they are...wish I could figure out how to post a pic of my growing belly!!

Cali girl, thanks for the info...at my 8wk ultrasound the tech said that because they were in different sacs that they were fraternal...but after some research i've found out they may not be, especially since she also said there is one placenta! I'm 18wks tomorrow and go for an ultrasound Tuesday, can't wait to find out what they are...wish I could figure out how to post a pic of my growing belly!!

Click on the reply post at the top of the page and then attach hun I was really confused myself lol hope it helps xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->